Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Totally Unfilled

Hello all, well if anyone has read any of my post in the past then you no the problems I have had with over eating and vomiting. Well this morning I went for my swollow study and the doctor said I am way too tight and my pouch has grow way too big. So he had to totally unfill me for 2 weeks to give the band a rest then start again. He said its a good thing we did this now cause if we would have waitied then I would have had to had surgery to replace my band up higher. I am really dissappointed in myself that I couldn't follow the rules of lets see, eating too much, drinking soda vomiting say 10-20 times a day and I am sure my list continues but why bore you all. This is what I get and now I am scared to eat cause he said I may or may not feel restriction and I should still continue to eat small meals chew well and slow, 3 meal a day no snacking. So far I drank a Protein shake cause well I am scared to eat now to gain weight. I already gained 5 pounds in 5 days why I have no idea. Well thanks for listening and please no I told you so's I would appreciate that, I no what I did wrong.

Cheryl

Banded May22-215

Today-160 gained was 156.5

One more thing my doc had originally told me I was 3cc filled but when they unfilled me today they could only get out 1.5 cc I don't understand that does anyone have a clue to that??

I've followed your story a bit over the last weeks. Congratulations on taking the action you needed to get this problem on the mend. That's great news.

You probably gained that wieght just because you are able to consume something now and your body is putting itself back together. I think you'll level out, and if you eat right, you'll start losing.

Take the 2 weeks to get healthy, and give your stomach a break. :D

Try measuring your food and putting it on a smaller plate. If eating out, immediately put the extra in a To Go box. This will help you stay in control during this time. Just go easy and eat your Protein. Eat like you are filled.

Some of your fill could have been absorbed. This happens. Above all, don't stress and don't worry. Take the 2 weeks to heal. The band will be there when your body is ready to resume.

Good luck to you and take care of YOU.

Cheryl,

I am glad you were tended to. I hope the unfill is just what your tummy needed. I wish you the best!!!

Thanks everyone for the support!! I am going to try and stay focused, went to the gym for the first time today and worked out like I should have been doing all along. Felt good but I feel a whole lot of anxiety over this. Well gonna start lap band group meetings at my doc office every monday nite hopefully this can help keep me focused and on track better. See the only thing is I haven't ate right all along so doing it now is like learning right after surgery. So if anyone has any advice on what they consume for 4oz of a meal for morning linch and dinner boy I would love some ideas !!!

Hi Cherg

I was completely unbanded due to complications and medical problems - I was told that it would mean that would gain weight and like somekind of self fulflling prophecy, i gained weight!! I maxed out at 385 pounds in november last year to my absolute horror and shame. I am stll unfilled at the moment but decided that could still use the bandster rules rather than acceptng that would gain. started going back to calorie counting, journaling all food, restricted high GI carbs and processed foods and I have lost 55 pounds in 3 months!!

My typical day would be

Protein shake with fruit pureed through it for Breakfast

1/2cup cottage cheese with chopped Tomato, shallot,cucumber, balsamic vinegar for lunch

2 1/2 oz lean chicken or turkey with veg such as zucchini, chinese cabbage, peppers etc spiced up abit with chilli or soy for dinner

I am hoping that I wll be able to get a small fill next week as I am feeling hungry between meals at times but I am so pleased with myself with how things have been going even with out any fill that at the times I feel like caving to snacking etc I can focus on the achievements that I don't want to wreck.

Hopefully it will not be long before they can refill your band for you! good luck

Well I really don't understand my body, I weighed in at the gym yesterday weighed 162 there so I was upset cause just a couple days ago I was 157 now I go today to workout and I am 165 and that is also what my scale at home says. I no its only a few pounds but it dont take long to get right back to where I was. I don't no why this is happeneing I started working out and since they took all my fill out yesterday I have been careful with what I am eating. I did have Water come up on me this morning and that was weird casue I have no fill unless i now have reflux.

Any suggestions????

Should I be concerned that I have only lost 18 lbs. in 7 months?

To me that is an unusual way of posing the question. This is not a decision anyone else can make for you. If you are happy losing 18 pounds in 7 months, then you should not be concerned. If you feel you should be losing more, then you should be concerned. It's really up to you.

If you are asking whether it is normal to lose so little in 7 months, the answer is probably yes. Most people do lose more than 18 pounds in 7 months.

But on the other hand, you are losing almost 3 pounds a month at this rate. That is not that bad. At that rate, if it is consistent, you can lose over 100 pounds in 3 years.

So, I guess the answer to your question is, it just depends.

I wouldn't be concerned about that because you don't have a lot to lose to start with. Lower bmi's tend to lose the weight slower.

But I would be concerned about the pb's.