Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there from QLD??

:banditHi,:clap2:

Thanks for your replies. I am getting along ok! Still a bit uncomfortable but it has only been 5 days. Went to the dietician today and she tells me I am not getting enough Protein. Its hard when u have to suck it thru a straw. I will have to get some sustagen. Any suggestions for this Fluid fortnight? I also have to go to a BBQ:hungry: which I am organising on Sunday any helpful hints for this occassion? :whoo:

Hey y'all,

I am from Brisbane too (outer northern suburbs), and being banded on 14th Jan. Is there are sort of support group or meetings set up for those of us in Brisbane?

I would love to here from anyone who has used Dr John Copp? I am booked with him he seems like a nice chap but I will be out to it anyway:)

I would love to here from anyone who has used Dr John Copp? I am booked with him he seems like a nice chap but I will be out to it anyway:)

*Puts hand up*

Dr Copp did my surgery. I think he is fantastic.

You do actually have to get on with your surgeon. After all, you see a lot of them in the fist year.

Good luck!

Hi I'm back,:ranger:

Have been forced off due to computer crash and death of same computer. Had difficulty replacing it to parts delay. Sad story and I am back now. My first xmas with a lapband. My op was with Blair Bowden (who is wonderful) on 29th Nov. I have lost 7kgs in total 16kgs. :clap2:As soon as i figure out how to work the tickers I will get one. Good luck with your op on the 14th Jan. It is a very exciting time.

I go for my first fill on the 28th Dec. I am a bit scared about it. TTFN Sheba34

Hi,

I'm from Mackay Queensland

I flew to Brisbane and had my band put in on the 27 September by George Hopkins.

It is without the very best present that I have ever given myself

Sheba,

Didn't you get a programme to follow for your time after banding...<br /> i had a very regimented programmed to follow.<br /> There would have been no possibility of that happening.

Well I told my folks and my sisters about the band on Saturday which was my birthday. It all went a lot better than I had expected, there where no shocked faces they all listened while I explained it then they all offered their support and we set about having a fantastic night together. Family hey, who can predict them.

Hey y'all,

I am from Brisbane too (outer northern suburbs), and being banded on 14th Jan. Is there are sort of support group or meetings set up for those of us in Brisbane?

Would be great to get a support or a social group for Brisbane and surrounding. Im from sunshine coast and sometimes think it would be easier to get motivated if I knew there where others in my situation

Hi Blocka,

I'm am also from the S'shine coast area and i think getting together with other from Brisbane and surronding areas is a great idea! Can we get in touch and maybe others who are interested could get in touch also? Be in touch

Good Idea sheba

my email is blocka@gmail.com and my messenger is cuo_blocka@hotmail.com

If you would like to contact me by phone I will send it via email or pm

Hopefully there are others on the Sunshine coast or close that have had the band and would also like to catch up

By the way I get my first fill tomorrow

Well I am booked in to the hospital for the 5Feb08. I am currently working through the mourning of the foods that got me to this point but which have to be left behind. I have just received a couple of cookbooks for post surgey folk and they both mention "liquid egg substitute"? What is it, do I need it, where can I get it. There are lots of nice recipes in the books but a lot of them use this stuff. Those of you already banded, has your dietitian banned eggs or is this just one of those American things?

I have no idea what that might be... I did ok without it. Did your post op info come from Margret Reidy? Or does Dr Copp have you going to someone else?

I am seeing Margret but these days she doesn't give you to much post op info til a bit later to save confusion. I am sure Benita was talking about eggs!