Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Pre Opt Diet Starts Tues :/

[GOING FROM CAKES to SHAKES]

(Long Sigh) .....yea...The time is near you guys and the mandatory Buckling down begins. No more eating pizza and Hot wings or Cheesestakes or anything absolutely delicious range lol no more Cookies cakes and Pies. (sighs) No more chocolate (oh god ..*tears). I'm gonna miss eating all the delicious sin of goodness..I have to put a stop to it for good now!! I will admit to u guys I'm gonna miss the HELL out of it. But I'm doin this for the better and if I'm ever gonna make a change it's has to start NOW. I need to exorcise a lot more too. I really wish some of you guys lived here in Philly so we could work out together and it wouldn't be so lonely doin by myself ( ._.) But either way I have to get up and do this so lets hope I'm able to stick to this diet plan and everything goes smoothly! Wish me LUCK guys :)

Good luck u will do just fine on the diet

I'm starting mine Monday and I feel the exact same way. We can do this!

Anyone know if I can take Benadryl during these 2 weeks pre op diet? It helps mee sleep. I forgot to ask my doctor.

Good luck! I'm on week 2, so you can do this :) keep us updated

Good luck it's hard but you can do it

You will survive trust me. I'm 2 months & a few days. I honestly don't miss pizza & I love pizza with extra cheese. I used to love mild-hot wings but it was months since before surgery I just stop eating it. Now I can't even take 1 bite of chicken.(I vomit)... I went from loving my cooking to eating frozen food. I found mash potato & meat loaf for $1 and I don't eat it daily but when I do get hungry I would eat it for lunch or dinner. I also make instead mash potato which I never did before. I went out to eat at city island I had the clam chowder. It was so good but I had 1/4 then later in the next 1/4 I even took it home didn't finish it all but ate enough to be satisfy. I had one piña colada with rum which I though would take me 6 months to a year but I had one & it lasted a long time. Before I would have like 4 cups. I was happy & I still don't regret my decision.

I believe Benedryl is fine. It wasn't on my list of drugs not to take. Ask your Dr. to be sure though.

Pink, I think u will do great! Don't think of it as giving things up. When u can eat again post op it is okay to have a bite of something u are craving. As long as it is not very often. And Just so otherwise u are following the do's and dont's. I don't think even the surgeon expects u to never have another bite of ....... But to ne honest, your taste buds are going to change. It is a lifestyle change. A better lifestyle. U will probably find that u like healthier food more. Especially when u see the awesome results!

I guess surgeons everywhere do different diets. Mine is 3 weeks, 800 calories a day which includes 2 Protein Shakes a day (one for Breakfast, 1 for a snack) I was lucky that my hospital was doing a study for the 3 week diet to test out 2 different oils. So I haven't cooked in a week and a half. They will be taking a small sample of my bowels that are being removed anyway and a tiny sample of my liver. Do some surgeons make y'all do a full liquid diet weeks prior?

I guess surgeons everywhere do different diets. Mine is 3 weeks' date=' 800 calories a day which includes 2 Protein shakes a day (one for breakfast, 1 for a snack) I was lucky that my hospital was doing a study for the 3 week diet to test out 2 different oils. So I haven't cooked in a week and a half. They will be taking a small sample of my bowels that are being removed anyway and a tiny sample of my liver. Do some surgeons make y'all do a full liquid diet weeks prior?[/quote']

I have a two week full liquid diet.< /p>

no special diet or me pre op except the day before they say light breakfast and lunch then just Clear Liquids the rest of day i have managed to drop 25lbs over the last 4 months and fluxuate +- 5 lbs right now 18 more days