Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Enough Protein/calories?

Hey guys... So I am 1 wk shy of 1 month post op. lost total of 19lbs in this time (not happy about)... I don't think it's enough.

Could it be that I am not drinking enough Protein? And not eating enough calories? My stomach can barely take anything... So I stick

With the carnation instant Breakfast, some fruits...

So frustrated. The scale won't move!!! Aaaah!!! Stuck at 196 :-/

Hey guys... So I am 1 wk shy of 1 month post op. lost total of 19lbs in this time (not happy about)... I don't think it's enough.

Could it be that I am not drinking enough Protein? And not eating enough calories? My stomach can barely take anything... So I stick

With the carnation instant breakfast' date=' some fruits...

So frustrated. The scale won't move!!! Aaaah!!! Stuck at 196 :-/[/quote']

Has your dr recommended solid Proteins for you yet? At that point, I could only eat about an oz of chicken or a few bites of egg or a Babybel light cheese but it made me feel full and really increased my weight loss. My surgeon says the liquid and soft Proteins might be easier but stall weight loss because you take in too many calories. Just a suggestion. Don't go against your own surgeon's instructions if he is advising differently.

Hi lovely,

I believe you are not seeing as large weight loss numbers because you are starting off at a smaller weight than most people on here. The bigger you are, the more you drop in the beginning.

I understand how you feel. I had surgery July 3rd and the scale has barely moved to10 lbs pounds lost so far. I keep thinking I know I haven't gone though all this for such a small loss. I've been hitting right below 60 grams of Protein daily this week and around 40-50 oz of Water. I've even walked 30 minutes 4 days this week. the scale hasn't moved since Wednesday. My start weight was 245 the morning before surgery.

Since you are not getting what is the recommended about that our surgeons say we should get, your body has probably put itself in starvation mode so it is holding on to all that it can. You need to drink lots of liquids and eat the recommend amounts.

I'm in the same boat except I'm loding weight slowly. I'm a smaller person like you. Biggest weight 211 drop to 197 before surgery. I'm now 167 it's not moving fast but I'm working out to tone as much as i can because I don't want to sag so much. I barely eat but now I started getting in some Protein. I eat tilapia fish 4 bites. Skim plus milk it's like 11g protein. Lots of Water. I found out I couldn't take protein makes me vomit so I'm just trying to eat as much as I can in 24 hours.

I have my two week follow up and see the dietician on Thursday. I think I'm going to try increasing Protein to 80 grams. I think I can do it with 2 Protein Shakes a day. This weight has to come off.

You're three weeks out and have lost 19 lbs. That's an average of more than six pounds a week!! Congratulations! Well done!! Celebrate your success - you're doing great!! Don't change a thing. Just keep doing what you're doing. Comparing your weight loss to others that you may read about can be a mistake and very misleading. There isn't one person on this forum that doesn't understand exactly how you feel but...unrealistic expectations can be devastating. Stay focused on following the protocol (as close to the letter as you possibly can including the protein), stay active, and stay away from the scales for a week at least, two would be even better. You're gonna love the new you!!!