Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Never more than the 23rd did the saying 'today is the first day of the rest of your life' mean more to me. I was banded in San Antonio by Dr. Carcamo. Everyone was great at the Nix and the day went smoothly. I've had very little pain at all. Now that i'm a full three days out the pressure has subsided and just the incisions are bugging me some. I'm on Clear Liquids for a week and then the slider stuff starts. It's fascinating reading the different posts and seeing how others have different instructions for the phases. I am looking forward to the change in my life! I thought last year was a big one when I got my Harley. This year's addition (my band) will only help to make that lifestyle more fun. :clap2: Thanks to everyone who shares on these sites. The more I read the better informed I become and it helps to keep me focused on my own success.

Hey Carol! Glad to meet ya.. congrats on your bike and your band!

I ride too....... been riding for about 9 years now... but I'll never forget the first time I took a solo ride after earning my license... life has happened since I got my baby,.... a divorce (easy split, he took his and I took mine) , a miracle child, a psycho rebound guy and past bf that thought my bike was their bike.... to where I am now... a HAPPY mom, with a wonderful guy who rides too....

it was so funny I met him on line, and I posted a pic of me on my bike.. and his first message was........ WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE! LOL

His sister rides as does his brother in law...... The four of us have a great time......... What is so funny is the MY bike is the only Harley in the bunch.. Steve (the BIL) teases me about it unmercifully... but it is all good natured and they are good for my soul.

WELCOME and I can't wait to JOIN YOU IN BANDLAND!

The picture of me in my avatar is Memorial Day in Washington, D.C. 2005. I rode the Road King up there and back. 3360 miles.....*sigh*

Carol...congrats! You are on the right track to changing your life in a very positive way! It is true what they say...if you don't have your health. Way to go. Proud of you!

Hi carol, This is quite an adventure...I love it. It's awesome to actually lose instead of always gaining. I bought a bike last year too. I can't weight to be riding it without being so big. Keep us updated on your progress. Kelley

Thanks all for the comments. Looks like there's quite a few band bikers out there. I've been concerned about how to fit riding (trips) and banding together so any hints and tips that you have would be greatly appreciated. Hmm...maybe that's a new post to start? lol :scared:

Bandiva....A year has passed and all you lost is 32 pounds? that doesn't seem like asuccess rate to me....Sounds like .5 pounds a week.

Bandiva....A year has passed and all you lost is 32 pounds? that doesn't seem like asuccess rate to me....Sounds like .5 pounds a week.

Bandiva was just banded last month so I would say 32 pounds is awesome! Her first fill is this month. Who are you to judge anyway?

Sharon

yes...32 pounds is awesome....I may have read the message wrong. I thought it said 12/18/05--when it was actually 06. Please excuse me. I am hoping that my date which looks like March 07--will show that same success

Besides, Ambrosia, even if it was 32 lbs in a year, that's 32 lbs. And she has the rest of her life to lose more. The band has always been slow, slower for some.

Exactly, MyKdsDad. Losing 32 pounds in any length of time is certainly better than gaining 32 pounds. I'm being banded next month and if I do half as well as Bandiva has, I'll be thrilled.

Sharon

:clap2: I was under the impression we could lose 2-3 pounds per week. Even if you lose 1 pound a week--that is 52 in one year. I am not here to debate with anyone. I apologized for the error I made. But let's be logical. We're all in this to make strides to prevent many tragic events or deseases that can take place with obesity. So in leaving this message--I will make the best of my banding once I get it done--I know I am going to work my behind of to get the weight off.:faint: (end of Feb or first part of March-07)

Lee, You probably will lose at least 2lbs a week if u excercise and eat low carb, etc. I know I could lose more if I execised more and ate more of the right things. I know I'm a slow loser cause sad to say i'm taking the lazy way. Eating less, that's it. But I'm still down 19lbs since the band. So U make it what u want it to be.

My goal is more like 2.5 to 3 a week. I have a plan for the first 4 weeks. I am looking at that liquid diet and staying on point with my walking. I have done 45 to 1 hour in the past each day on the treadmill. I am not going to do heavy weights for at least 4 months. My plan is to get my cardio bumped up to that 1 hour. Once I can get back to that hour....I can burn that additional 500 calories per day. Yes I will be tired, but I am crushing my vitamn B and green tea extract into my morning yogurt. Water is an important deal as I know--plus that protien drink.....This friday--I am stocking up on more protien mixes....The workout plan is not bad one...the getting up and going will be great...My gym is less than 2 miles away...

I am expecting 2.5 to 3 pounds a week...I lose fast....I was in the hospital before on a slow sodium diet.....Oh Lord--I lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks