Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared..but Anxiously Waiting..and Counting The Days!

Dear Friends,

Im soo afraid of dying..there I said it !! Most everyone I have talked to, say it will be okay..bc Im healthier than most..but Im scared. This will be my first ever surgery! And I start to cringe just thinking about it. :0/

I worry the most about my legs. I have varicose veins in my lower calves. I wear thick support socks 24/7. My primary diabetic doctor said I was good to go, bc I don't have deep vein tromboises. I could wait a few months, and have laser surgery to smooth out my "bumps." But, I still worry, and cry myself to sleep at night. :0/ I have fought for this surgery for almost 2 years and been denied, and finally approved a month ago. I want it. But I can't help to be frightened. Can anyone tell me what to expect the first few hours, days, and months after surgery? Thank you.

Sent from my ANDROID using RNYTalk

Barbiedoll,

I will be having my surgery on May 1. Mine is going to be a revision, so I had something similar before. That was 20 some years ago. I had a midline incision then. They don't do that much now, except for me. I'm a re-do. I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I have had deep vein thrombosis many many times. I had to go in and have a filter put into a vein by my heart to prevent a clot from going anywhere else. I just say all that to say this, With our weight, diabetes, ( yes, I have that too ) and our leg vein issues we really are doing the best for our health. I too am afraid of dying, but i know who holds my future. Pray for peace.

Thank you ma'am. You have no idea how much better that makes me feel. I have a relationship with God, and I believe in that he sent his son Jesus to save us from sin, but I know I am a sinner. And that also worries me. :0/

I have prayed and prayed that God will heal me fast, so I don't get depressed. I know this is the RIGHT choice for me. I lost my mom at age 29. It was difficult for me to lose her due to congestive heart failure at the age of 69 ..she was once overweight too.

My hubby supports me, MOST of my friends support me, but my inlaws and my dad say im playing GOD with my health. :0/

I wish you the best. And I will be praying May 1, for God to bless you. ♥

Honey,

I'm sorry you lost your mom. I lost mine a year and a half ago, but I'm probably a lot older than you. You are not playing God! God gave us free will and a brain to think, and a body we need to care for. We are all sinners and if we are saved and have confessed our sins, we are saved by grace. The same God who saved you, will comfort you, heal you and give you peace. Just ask, the Lord will go with you into that O.R. and his gaurdian angels will surround your bed. Be at peace honey. There will always be people who think they know what is best for us or want to sit in judgement, even though we are told not to judge. Do what is right for you. Trust in the Lord and I'm hear if you need me. ----Kristen

Thank you Kristin.

Im sorry for your lost too. :'(

Im so glad I have this app for my phone!! Its been great to get out my frustrations and my worries out.

Yeah, im feeling a little better since I have had my questions answered and prayers send my way. :D

I will def be thinking and praying for you tomorrow. May God Bless you.

Dear Friends' date='

Im soo afraid of dying..there I said it !! Most everyone I have talked to, say it will be okay..bc Im healthier than most..but Im scared. This will be my first ever surgery! And I start to cringe just thinking about it. :0/

I worry the most about my legs. I have varicose veins in my lower calves. I wear thick support socks 24/7. My primary diabetic doctor said I was good to go, bc I don't have deep vein tromboises. I could wait a few months, and have laser surgery to smooth out my "bumps." But, I still worry, and cry myself to sleep at night. :0/ I have fought for this surgery for almost 2 years and been denied, and finally approved a month ago. I want it. But I can't help to be frightened. Can anyone tell me what to expect the first few hours, days, and months after surgery? Thank you.

Sent from my ANDROID using RNYTalk[/quote']

Barbiedoll,

I too am scared out of my mind (of dying) )but excited too. I also have never had any type of surgery! My dad had past Sept of '10 of heart failure at the age 57. I am 34, 5'7", 310, started thinking about surgery after the passing if my dad. want to be healthy for my eleven year old daughter. My date is June 5! thinking of you and best of luck!!

Jen

Dear Friends' date='

Sent from my ANDROID using RNYTalk[/quote']

Barbiedoll,

I too am scared out of my mind (of dying) )but excited too. I also have never had any type of surgery! My dad had past Sept of '10 of heart failure at the age 57. I am 34, 5'7", 310, started thinking about surgery after the passing if my dad. want to be healthy for my eleven year old daughter. My date is June 5! thinking of you and best of luck!!

Jen

Put your life in God's hands and all will be according to His plan..Be at peace.

Thank you. I do feel more at peace with God. I cried out to him on my way home from paying bills, and I could feel his presence. Im going to try to commit myself more and grow closer. Before and after surgery. :D

Sent from Barbiedoll77 using RNYTalk

Barbiedoll,

I am so thrilled to hear this! All God asks is to confess our sins and accept and believe in his son, Jesus to save us. The Bible says that if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us.

Believe honey! All will be fine. I won't be on for a day or two as my surgery is tomorrow. I'll be back on when I can.

I want to say a prayer for everyone going thru the operation and even the ones that haven't had it yet. Father God we come to you asking for healing and guidance Lord we know you want us to take care of our bodies which is the Temple and by your stripes we are healed. Lord cast out the doubts and negative remarks we are holding on your word Lord. We want to see our children and grandchildren grow up to have kids and to live in joyous life worshiping you Lord we ask you this in Jesus Name Amen!

Isaiah 53. This was the first bible verse I was taught to memorize as a young girl. I never forgot it.

Today, it popped into my head, and I started to say the verses to myself. :0) thank you for Sharing this. I just saw this tonight, and it brought a tear to my eye. It was God speaking to me and telling me to let go and let God.

Thank you both. I appreciate it.

I know exactly how you feel! My gastric bypass surgery is Monday. THIS COMING Monday, the 7th and I'm scared witless. I am terrified of general anesthetic and I'm afraid I won't wake up or I'll die on the table and leave my four children motherless. The main reason I'm having this surgery is to get healthier for my kids; so I'll see them grow up and marry and have my grand babies! But I feel like I'm putting myself in more danger. I know it's irrational, and I'm sure I'll be fine, but I'm starting to panic. Now that it's here and real, I'm freakin' out! I could use some advice on how to get through all this too. Good luck Babydoll. I'm right there with you in spirit! :)