Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Helpful Tools That Help You With Your Rny Routines?

I have what sounds like the exact same one and could not agree more - LOVE it!!

I bought the most handy little thing. It's a measuring glass. It looks like a big shot glass and it measures ml' date=' oz, tsp and tbs. Total 4 oz. I use it every day for almost every meal and it takes up so much less space than measuring cups and spoons.

Maybe you guys already have one but I absolutely LOVE it.[/quote']

Where did you buy it?

I bought mine at a grocery store called Winco but just by coincidence today I saw the exact same one at CVS pharmacy in the aisle with the kitchen supplies.

My guess is you can get them just about anywhere.

Here's a picture

post-13420-1381380968932_thumb.jpg

Ordered mine from Amazon.< /p>

Bed Bath and Beyond has a similar one made be oxo and I love it!

Any other helpful hints? I bought some flavorings for my shakes that have no calories, no sugar etc. They are by Capella. Folks use it for coffee but, it's great to make your plain shakes take on other flavors. I add coconut and toasted almond to my chocolate shake and it's fantastic! I've also added the Peanut Butter flavor to my chocolate and liked that too.

Where do you buy the Capella?

Hello folks....What tools to you find helpful to you to stay with the program? What I mean is do you have certain items that help you along the way such as:

Bento Box - to help with Portion Control

Blender Bottle - to help mix your shakes without lumps

food Journal - to help track your protein' date=' exercise, Water etc.[/quote']

I have nada I'm the worst. No food schedule no Vitamin timing & no measuring bottle. I better get to it pronto.

DL they have their own website Capella Flavor Drops. They just came out with drops for Water too but, I haven't tried those. They have over 70 flavors and usually there is a deal when purchasing them. Looks like right now they are offering 10% off orders of $20 or more. I got mine when the deal was 5 bottles for $19.95. The bottles last a long time because you only have to use about 6-10 drops in your shake depending on how strong you like it.

I recently bought a thermos too that holds 8 oz of Fluid. Cold or hot. Figuring I'll have to take mushi stuff to work for lunch for a while. Plus I love Soups during the winter months and I know I'll really eat them more so after the surgery.

DL they have their own website Capella Flavor Drops. They just came out with drops for Water too but, I haven't tried those. They have over 70 flavors and usually there is a deal when purchasing them. Looks like right now they are offering 10% off orders of $20 or more. I got mine when the deal was 5 bottles for $19.95. The bottles last a long time because you only have to use about 6-10 drops in your shake depending on how strong you like it.

Definitely gonna get me some of those! They sound like a fantastic flavor enhancer! I love new ideas for flavor and Protein. Thank you!!

You are very welcome. When you first get them, you'll have to test how many drops are enough for you. For me I find with my chocolate whey Protein shake (Pure Protein brand) I use 8 oz of Water, one scoop of the powder and 10 drops of coconut and 8 drops of toasted almond. My FAVORITE combo.

Another great taste if you're craving Peanut Butter is to use PB2 in your Protein Shake. It's rich and it adds more protein to it without adding a lot of fat. :)

Placed my order with Capellas this morning. Definitely trying the coconut and toasted almond recipe!! Next I gotta try the PB2!

Although I haven't had the surgery, my nutritionist has had me drink 1 shake as a replacement meal a day and that's been for the last 2 months. Needless to say I've needed to change em up for sure. The PB2 makes the shakes really rich and thick. If you like Peanut Butter and chocolate you'll like the combo as a Protein shake. It's great that the PB2 adds Protein without all the fat of regular pb too.

Now...I have to figure out the best way to flavor vanilla shake. I don't care for the vanilla AT ALL but, I have a whole tub of it. Thinking I may try adding the PB2chocolate to it. Yup..they make PB2 with cocoa in it. So I'll try that next. Might even try my orange capella in it in hopes it make it more like a creamsicle or something. Just anything to cut the taste of the protein aftertaste from the vanilla. Any suggestions?

For some reason, Protein and vanilla don't seem to go very well together. I never found a vanilla Protein Shake that I liked and I love vanilla - just not protein/vanilla. Maybe you could come up with something tasty by mixing some kind of berries or berry flavoring? Or fruit/fruit flavoring?