Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tired all the time!!!

Does anyone else have this problem? Literally I am tired all the time. I wake up after a good 8 hours and can sleep the rest of the day if I was allowed. I was banded in November and have to admit that I'm not consistant on taking my Vitamins. Could this be the problem? I believe I'm getting enough Protein. Is it just me? This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I need to get some energy!!!! I've also been having a HUGE problem with night sweats (don't know if that's related to the problem or not).

Anyone have advise, or have a similar story??

Thanks!

Vitamins....quality stuff, not kid's Vitamins. Water...at least 1/2 gal. Protein...about 100 gr/day. No reason not to do any of these things every day. Are you exercising any?....movement creates energy.

After I lost a good bit of weight, my blood pressure fell rapidly and I have had to cut out all my bp meds.....I felt exhausted and finally figured out it was because my bp was running about 90/60!

Hope you feel better soon!!

If you take blood pressure medicince, check that. I had the same problem but after I adjusted the BP meds, I was feeling great again.

yeah...no sleep apnea here. Thanks for the advise...I think I'll go back to my regular Vitamins and add in some Iron. I was taking Centrum chewable, but my regular vitamins had a lot more stuff in them. (GNC Women's active). I also have been diagnosed borderline anemic, but that was years ago. However, I know that once you're anemic it's difficult to maintain a good balance of iron. And the whole blood pressure thing...yes I take meds for that. I should have my bp checked!!!

Thank you all for your advise!!!!

I completely understand! Honest. I'm narcoleptic. You see, I do sleep all day sometimes. And all night too. After you check out all the various things you can like nutrition, Vitamins and sleep hygene (that includes going to bed at same time and getting up at same time, good sleep environment, etc) if you are still having problems you should check with your doctor. Since you know you don't have sleep apnea you can still get some blood tests and so forth run to check on basic things that make on sleepy. Might also talk about hormones and stuff like that too- birth control dosages, interactions, all sorts of little things can make you tired. Good luck!

On the question of energy... I am currently tired almost all the time. I have been to the sleep clinic and been diagnosed as having "excessive daytime sleepiness" they gave me ritalin to perk me up. This is not a good long term solution. Has anyone on this board found that their energy levels went up after being banded and losing some weight?

I also just thought about it and I'm on Zoloft. That can cause my night sweats....fyi.

Hi, I just noticed this.......I was on zoloft for 18 months (and gained 40 pounds), but I was sweating ALL the time. Everywhere, no matter what the temperature. It could definitely be part of the problem.

Gretchen