Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New from TN

Guest JenB

Originally posted by DeLarla

Jen, I totally "get" what you're saying about getting away from home, and I don't even have kids. But a day away from my husband alone! He's like having 3 nine year olds. Example: I don't drink coffee but he does. Today he called me at work to tell me he's out of coffee. When I got home he told me he was out of coffee. Later, he reminded me twice that he's out of coffee. He just stood there staring at me while making this declaration. Can anyone out there explain to me how this could possibly be my problem?

I laughed so hard when I read this I almost spewed Diet Coke on the monitor. Isn't that an attractive thought?

DH wanted to know what I was laughing at. I told him....he didn't get it

That man! His alarm goes off at 3:00 a.m., but I've gotten used to sleeping through it. But today he jiggled me when his alarm went off and said, "honey, I don't have any coffee." DUH. I grunted and went back to bed. When I got up at 6:00 a.m., I found a note from him, "honey, I don't have any coffee." That's EIGHT times. And NO, that bike is purring like a kitten, which is my exact point. How is his absence of coffee my problem?

Originally posted by birdee

The 30th works for me too!!!!! Just keep me posted!

Birdee

Tricia...I PM'D you!!!!

So far it looks like the 30th might be best for everyone. There is a slight chance that I won't make it, trying to get my trip scheduled for my first fill, but I should know something more next week.

I pm'd you back! :)

O. K., Jen, you know you probably won't be drinking Diet Coke or any carbonated beverage after you get your band, don't you? If you do drink it, you need to let it set and go flat first. Then it will probably taste so yucky, you won't want it. You might want to start weaning yourself off now, and get those withdrawal headaches over with.

Jen, what a wonderful website! We adopted both our sons from birth (independent adoptions). They weren't born in my womb, but in my heart. They're now 23 1/2 and 20 1/2. I was at the hospital during our oldest son's birth and brought him home from the hospital. We've always been very open about their adoptions. They know they were wanted for years before they even existed! I told them that I would do everything possible to try and find their birth parents when they reached 18 years old. Neither has ever been interested, but that may change later.

Any parents who go through the rigors of adoption know they're having children because they WANT them. Adopted children are not "accidents". We were thoroughly researched ... our income, health insurance, our physical home, our marriage relationship, our church and community involvement, personal references, etc. I've always felt birth parents should have to go through similiar routines. I think child abuse would sharply decrease.

Well, sorry, I guess you can tell that I love my boys!

:cheeky :cheeky :cheeky

P. S. I also loved your "Cats' Advice"! That had to be written by a true animal lover! The only thing missing was patterns... laying out paper patterns on fabric and cats running thorough, tearing them before you can get them pinned down.

Jen, Michelle, Tricia, and anyone else in the Nashville, TN area. I am here and here is my cell number. 818-201-4109

Call me and let me know what works for you guys today the 30th Monday to meet. If lunch is not an option then what about dinner?

Would love to meet you guys.

hey TN girls! i just talked to penni and we are going to try to meet up at or after 6:30! PM me if you want my phone number to work something out!

michelle

Originally posted by shellyj

hey TN girls! i just talked to penni and we are going to try to meet up at or after 6:30! PM me if you want my phone number to work something out!

michelle

Tonight or tomorrow?

Tonight is not doable for me....Some kind of Monday Night Football party or something :D

Tomorrow is doable.

If I don't get a chance to meet you all (if you're meeting tonight) maybe we can plan to get together in the future again.

hey tricia!

i dont know if penni will be here tommorrow. i am going to call her around 4-5 pm and will ask her. tommorrow is great for me 'cause i had planned to watch MNF as well!

michelle

Thanks Michelle, just let me know what you find out.

Thanks!!

OK guys if meeting today is not doable then that is fine. We can do it another time. I come to Nashville quite often as I have family and friends here still. I won't be in town tomorrow as I am heading on a plane for Jamaica.

So if tonight isn't workable then that is cool. NOt a problem at all. I understand about the MNF issue totally.

We can do it another time.

OK guys if meeting today is not doable then that is fine. We can do it another time. I come to Nashville quite often as I have family and friends here still. I won't be in town tomorrow as I am heading on a plane for Jamaica.

So if tonight isn't workable then that is cool. NOt a problem at all. I understand about the MNF issue totally.

We can do it another time.

Hi I'm a Tennessee girl also. I live about 2 hours from Nashville in Dayton Tennessee which is 35 min. north of Chattanooga. I would love to a friend to all. I need a fill doctor that takes Mexico pateints..Hope to hear from you all soon...

Thanks Cindy:bounce: