Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I need a fill ?

Hi

I was banded just under 2 years ago and had lost about 98 lbs. I had 1ml taken out in Oct last year as my band became very tight and managed to maintain my weight loss until Xmas. However although I still have a little restriction and if I eat the wrong stuff can still pb, I now find I can eat just about anything and I am now starting to gain. I have never had a fill before when i still had restriction, but the problem is the full feeling does not last very long. I have a fill booked on Tuesday and am wondering wether to go or not, and how much fill to have. What do you think.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Gaynor (UK)

Yes and talk your doctor and let them help you decide. If it takes alot to fill up I would want more restriction. I am 20 lbs away from goal and am starting to think about MY "sweet spot". I am going to just roll with the punches. So far I am learning as I go.

edie

did you get?

i got 1.6 on my first fill and im not losing and im only on shakes,

im gping to sit down and figiure out exactly how many calories come with the Isopure and skim milk- how may shakes a day i can have- becaus ei sort of have as many as i want- dr Carson >Liu ( UCLA) is my lap doctor- and he said it was a tighjt fill- il thinking ofgetting more- but if i eat the teensiest thing i reguritate- and your talkingabout getting 1cc taken out? how big , ho wmuch did you get>>?

gonne be skinnny but the scales not moving,

not cheating not exercising much euther,

Hi there

I'm afraid I dont know exactly how much I have in my band or what type it is come to that, but I do know that my band became so tight i was having trouble getting fluids down and this was not just after a fill, the band tightened on its own. Weird huh, if you are only able to get fluids down I would think that you dont need a fill, But definately keep an eye on calories,

If you've been gaining a while (more than a couple of weeks), I would definitely get a fill. Not being full very long and being able to eat almost anything are signs you need a fill. Even though you still have some restriction, you don't seem to have enough for you. I totally understand these issues-I'm having them now, too.

gonnabeskinney: You must have a problem with calories in the Protien shakes. Have you ever heard of Muscle Milk Light? Look it up on ebay.

It lookd expensive, but some times you can get great deals, and check out the price in a GNC un real!!! It is great stuff, I use it 195 in calories,

25G. of protien. So say 3 shakes 585 in calories, and 75G of protien.

i don't no how many calories you allow so you do your'e own math, but the flavors are great, and just read the variety's. Check it out, it's a good thing. Just don't drink any thing that say's WEY on it. Put's weight on.

Shirley...

Thanks to all who replied. I actually had a fill on Tuesday, and admitedly at first thought I was too tight, but it seems to have settled down now and I am back to restriction and healthy eating, and the weight is coming off allready. i really do hope I have at long last found my sweet spot.

Thanks again

Gaynor

It's a difficult juggle for me. I don't feel restriction excpet in the morning...so I eat too much during the day, without help from the band. then I kick myself for not following the program, and convince myself I just need to do better. Then I decide I could do better with a fill. But Idon't know that because I haven't felt much restriction since I was banded in November or after 2 fills since. The circular thinking of a fat person who hasn't had much experience of weight loss success in life........

I love Muscle Milk light! But I had to stop buying it. I need all my calories to be nonliquid to try to get some feeling of restriction.