Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UK Local Lap-Band Support

Hi SaggiJ & Louise,

That must be tough for you Saggi re the underactive thyroid, and I agree with you the difficulty of changing your eating habits of a lifetime quickly. I too thought of this pre op, I thought I'll see how I go, but I might enrolled with somebody to get NLP therapy re diet/lifestyle, but I'll see how I go....Also thanks for the advice about how easy it is to put all the weight loss back on onceyou start solids again, I'll have to try and be really careful, I now write down what I eat each day and what the cals total up too, but once Im really back on the ment I am going to have to make myself do exercise. I do love it once Im doing it, its getting back into a habit again :)

Hey Louise thats a great weight loss 4.5lbs this week, wow I'd love to loseweight like that. I got on the scales again (lol) this am and Im down 12lbs now, but tomorrows D-Day 1 week after the op, so what ever that says tomorrow will be my first marker. I see you had your op done in the Bath clinic, I had mine done with BMI in Winchester, even though I live in Dorset.

I'll have to try and be disaplined and only weigh myself every Monday am too......but the first week was just tooooo tempting to do it every day! :)

Have a lovely day folks

Hugs Sara :)

Hi Sara,

I don't usually lose as much as this week every week. I've had 2 periods of 2 weeks when I haven't lost anything at all. I seem to lose in fits and starts but I have some restriction now and struggle to make 1000 calories a day so hopefully that will bode well for my weight loss.

I have been very impressed with BMI Healthcare; did you self pay as well? As you live in Winchester which isn't too far from where I live do you fancy meeting up sometime?

Hi Louise,

Bath is about 2hr drive away from me (I live just outside Corfe Castle in Dorset), and Id love to meet up, can we look round the shops too :( I love Bath, its a beautiful place!

Fancy meeting up in May?? I might have lost more weight...who knows??? I've got my 1st fill on the 12th of May...bit worried about that, did you find it ok??

I'm mightly proud of myself tonight :biggrin1: I managed to cooked a full blown Easter dinner for my family, & I had a 100mls of pureed veg and meat! & they were all eating chocholate too!!

Hope you had a great East day,

Speak soon,

Hugs Sara :)

Sara,

I've had two fills and Mr Krysztopik uses a local anaesthetic so neither fill was particularly painful. The first didn't have any effect but the second has given me restriction. I did feel a weird sensation around my stomach the second time.

I was a little worried about eating afterwards but I just stuck to Fluid for the rest of the day and I was fine. You will be too!

Hi Louise,

oo thats good to know re fills, I think until youve had the first one, its an unknown quanity!! :)

Well done on losing 2 stone in 2 months though, thats what I'm going to try an aspire too aswell!!!

Speak soon,

Hugs Sara

Hei Louise & Sara Moss,

Include me in if you are meeting up. Im live Nr Basingstoke. think its a great idea of bandster meeting up and supporting each other.

Hi SaggiJ

Its fine by me, the more the merrier :biggrin1: !! Were gonna do a bit of shoping too, well a nose around, I love bath! Were meeting up on the afternoon of the 18th of May (Friday afternoon), I'll let Louise explain where, as Im not that familiar with bath!!

Speak soon,

Hugs Sara :confused:

Hey SaggiJ,

That would be great if you could make it on May 18th. I work in Bath so will be taking a half day!

Hey Louise what about me and Caroline Troy coming as well.

As I said in the pm; the more the merrier. Although I can't count if you, Caroline and Sue come that will be 6 of us not 5. We'd better book somewhere in Bath!!lol!!

Cool :biggrin1:

We could set up a sub mini group........hope we can still look round the shops too! :dance:

Hugs Sara :confused:

As I said in the pm; the more the merrier. Although I can't count if you, Caroline and Sue come that will be 6 of us not 5. We'd better book somewhere in Bath!!lol!!

Hi Louise & Sara Moss,

Sorry I have not come on this site for the last 2weeks. I have been so busy at work, and so deadbeat when I returned home from work. Anyway, how are you all? My weight still plateuing but Im not too worried as Im not putting on either. I want to apologise cos I wont be able to meet up with you guys in Bath after all. I realised the following week is school break, and I need to take time off at that time. So I wont be taking 18 may to come down to Bath after all. Hope u all hv a fantastic time. Take care.