Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has LBT helped or hindered your success?

Has LBT helped or hindered?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Has LBT helped or hindered?

• I am not swayed by others and follow my doctors guidelines completely.
    • I have let others opinons sway me and to stray away from my doctors guidelines.
    • I think it would have been easier to follow the doctors guidelines if I had never found LBT.
    • LBT is a godsend and I can't live without it.

Using this site and another UK site has been absolutely invaluable to me. I don't think I would have been as motivated if left to my own devices. The support and information I have recieved has been brilliant.

Laura x

HELPED!HELPED!HELPED! I wouldnt have made it thru without it. When I have a question I can always come here for answers. My doctors appts are always 2 months apart, and I cant wait that long for an answer. Besides, it is so comforting to hear about everyone elses experience.

I need another category, lol. I"m not really swayed by others but I pretty much dance to my own tune. If my doc told me to do something that I didnt agree with (based on some research of course) I would ignore him, but luckily in Australia its pretty much about all foods in moderation and exercise. I wouldnt do Protein first if I were told to, as I dont think I'd get a balanced diet that way as I dont believe you need 60 or 70g of Protein each and every day. I drink with my meals because it doesnt make any difference to me and I dont think it hurts to have a treat. I think bread and grain foods are an important part of a balanced diet.

That's certainly not a majority opinion on this particular board, but that doesnt phase me. I found this board just invaluable in the research stage and I never would have gotten the band without the support and assurance that life was good after banding from people on this board. So whilst I dont really view it as a "resource" that helps me lose weight now, I hang around because its fun, and I care about how people on here are going and I realise how helpful those everyday discussions are to people considering the band.

I love our LBT forum. It has not swayed me one way or the other and I have followed my doctors orders and lo and behold I believe he must be right as I am almost at goal but I have made two of the best friends and many more e-mail good friends on this board that I never would have met otherwise.I have traveled and spent the weekend with one of my lapband buddies and it was like we had known each other forever and the other I get to meet this summer. So if any of you live close to your band buddies get to know them. Even tho I have'nt met my Greeklish buddie I can tell you I already love her. The best to all our lapbanders.:)

LBT has been a great source of comfort for me. It helps to know there are others that are going through exactly what you are going through. The bandsters that are ahead of me have helped me with what to expect at different stages. I don't, however, follow any other advice other than my doctors. I have gotten some great recipes from LBT.

LBT is extremely valuable to me. I don't have anyone else to talk to about this. I love reading everyone's posts. It feels really good to know that I am not alone in this.

I was swayed by something I read here but I don't think it's that bad of a thing. I read that Dr. Ortiz lets people go off their liquid diet on day 22. My surgeon wants us on a liquid diet for 4 weeks. I think Dr. Ortiz must be a great doctor from everything I have read about him so I ate a soft piece of white fish today.

I've lost 15 lbs since surgery which I am absolutely thrilled about. I would have been too afraid to have the lap band done if I hadn't been able to come here and read extensively before I made this decision. It's very comforting to know if anything comes up, I can come here and get answers to my questions by many people who have had their bands a lot longer than I have.

This board is the greatest!!:)

I follow my doc's instructions but do enjoy the cameraderie and commiseration on occasion that can be found here.

I've always learned so much from the older (and younger) wiser bandsters!

I recently joined LBT,but I have been a member of another site since i got my band. Now, I love both sites, but it was on the other site,(which I'm sure could've happened here too) that I learned how to eat around the band. I think If i hadn't known these tricks, then I wouldn't have tried them. I also didnt know that u could eat certain things that I was told to stay away from, like bread, Pasta, potatoes, until someone posted they could eat all of those things. So... the other site, has hindered my progress IMHO.