Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reno or N. Nevada Bandsters out there???

Well, hey everyone! Just thought I would jump in and let everyone know that EVERYONE in Nevada is not dead!

hi reno people. ia am a reno resident. i was banded by dr ganser on 3-12-07, i havea 10cc band. i have had 2 fill to equal 2.6 cc. i am not doing too great. no real restriction. go in for another fill in 10 days. maybe that will help. glad i finally found the nv page of this site.

take care and good luck every one.

joan b

Hi Joan,

I was banded by Dr. G on 3-7-7. I am thinking I am a slow loser but I am ok with that. I just had my third fill yesterday. Definitely feeling some restriction. Hope it lasts.

Good luck to you too!

Gail

Hi all, do you mind if I jump into your thread?

I live in Reno, and just got my approval letter from my insurance today. I also will be banded by Dr Ganser. I talked to Michelle at Western Bariatric today and was told to hold my horses that she has 10 files ahead of me and will call me in a few days with dates and more info.

How long did it take you guys from time of approval until the actual banding?

Hi Robin,

Welcome and Good Luck to you! First of all, I have no regrets at all! Just wanted to tell you that. I first contacted them in July of 2006. Because I was on Medicare, I had to wait my turn in line. They only take so many medicare patients. So, I waited 6 months for my Dr. consultation and then two months to surgery on March 7th.

They were pretty much right on with the estimated surgery date they gave me. However, I must say, I had to stay on top of everything and double check with them that they had all the different test info etc. A couple of times I was told by my PCP that they had faxed all my info that WBI requested but WBI said they didn't have it I know that they did too, because I called and checked the following day and they said yes, they had sent it. By this time a couple of months had passed and I know if I hadn't been checking on things it would have delayed my surgery by at least a couple of months.

So stay on top of things. Call and check to see if they have received everything. If you have tests done you might want to call and see if the results are in (within a reasonable amount of time of course).

Everyone at the Office has been just great, they somehow manage to stay cheerful and very helpful even tho they are very busy.

Gail

Got my call from Michelle today, my banding date is August 13th. I am really excited.. I did go to the Steak house at Western Village for celebration. I figure I only have 2 weeks before I am on the liquid diet, so I can splurge today.

I started the process in December. My insurance required a 6 month Weight Management program with my PCP. That ended on 6/21. I had completed everything else months ago. Trees sent in my package after that and the approval letter was dated 7/2 (quicker then I expected)and surgery was scheduled for 8/13 (also quicker then I expected).. the 6 months seemed so long. I did lose my 10% during that time. (i guess that is one thing my insurance is looking at, to see that I can follow instructions.)

Welcome Robin.

Good luck with the liquid diet. Good luck with the surgery. The staff at south meadows were great when I had my surgery in March.

let us know how it is going. I go in next tuesday for my 3rd fill.

Joan B

Reno

Banded by Dr Ganser

3-12-07

Hi every one.

Is anyone going to go to the support group meeting on Thursday at South Meadows. They say the are going to have a guest speaker. I could not get the flyer to open on my computer. Might be informational.

i'll see you there if you can make it look me up!

Joan B

Reno

Did any of you have problems with your port moving? I went in for my first fill last week and after trying several times to do a fill I was sent for an x-ray. Turns out that my port is tilted now. I had a feeling I did something to it because that area hurt very bad a day before I went to see the doctor. Anyways, after the x-ray I asked them to try again since they could tell which way it was tilted and they still couldn't get it. I am very discouraged now and am having a hard time because I have no restriction.

Oh no that would be very disappointing! What did they say they could do about it? Who did it for you? I have had three fills now the first one was a little uncomfortable, the second was very uncomfortable and they said mine was tilted but they were able to get a fill in. This time the third different person did my fill and it was a piece of cake. Just a little sting. She didn't have any problems at all. Please let me know what happens to you now? Gail

Hey all, long time since I wrote. Been doing ok, just not dropping anythin lately. Just had my 3rd fill wed. so I am still doing the liquids.

Gail, I got your email, just have not really sat down at the computer to respond. I will do that tomorow.

Alicia, that sucks about your port!! hope they get it fixed!!!

Chris

well guys, I am doing great. I have gone back on the downward swing since my fill on Tues. Down about 6 pounds and feeling like I can do this again. I don't feel too different, but I am pushing my food away now when I get that feeling instead of saying, " I only have 3 bites left, I will just finish it"!!!!

Keep it up all

Chris