Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months post op and on a 3 month stall!

Getting real tired of scales not moving. Beginning to think I am done losing. Guess 66 pounds is it for me. Getting depressed. Will lose a couple of pounds and then gain them back. I retain a lot of Fluid. Been having bleeding issues since preop non stop bleeding. Hysterectomy coming my way beginning of the year. And my thyroid is a huge issue. Changed meds 3 times now since surgery. I am very greatful for what I have lost dont get me wrong. But I feel as if I'm a failure at this. Going from a size 26 to a 16 is wonderful. But I still have 30 to 40 more pounds to lose to be where I want to be at. Afraid I will not make it :(

Be encouraged! You will! I thought I was never going to see the scale move again . I am nine months out! Went from 22 to size 10! Once I reached size sixteen I was so excited and thought i would be in it for the whole summer. I bought Capri jeans size 12 and hadn't been on the scale but it Was on sale. I decided to try then on for fun and was shocked when I could wear then. Don't get on the scale for a few days and increase your Water intake or Protein and enjoy watching the pounds shed off. This journey is so exciting! Today, I bought size ten on sale tried it on once I was home, woo woo it fits! So don't worry, be happy!

My body retains a lot of Fluid for some reason as well. I find even when I don't drink much Water I'm still loaded with fluids. I don't know why my body retains so much fluid, prior to being sleeved I had to always pie multiple times a day,and at time sit seemed I was going like 3 times in a hour and a half. 3 months is along time to go and not see any results. I hope you are able to loose more soon.

I had many stalls through this whole process, and yes sometimes for months. Make sure to measure your inches during stalls instead of weighing. Some people are exchanging fat for muscle...and I have said this a lot of times before; while a pound of fat and a pound of muscle still weigh a pound....muscle takes up less volume, and therefore you may weigh the same, or even more....but you are smaller because those pounds are taking up less space...which gives you the reason why it is so important to measure instead of weigh! Good luck to you, and stop stressing about it! Stress also causes us to release hormones which hinder us losing weight. :)

Hang in there. I'm just coming off my first stall, and I understand how demoralizing it can be. Have you taken any measurements of yourself. My surgeon suggested doing so, as he said when the scale won't cooperate, the ruler generally tells the truth. Good luck and you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Be good to your body. The first initial weight loss can be so fast and so easy that the next step, when it is harder and takes awhile, that can be just soooo really hard. If you were on a regular diet, this might would be your yo-yo point, so for awhile just focus on every bite being nutritional and drink plently of calorie-free fluids, put a little citrus in your Water, with some mint. GET YOUR sleep. sleep is sooo important, especially if you are starting to get depressed.

It sounds like you are having other issues, too. I hope it all works out. Just keep a log of what you eat, get in some walking, take the stairs, do something new, a little different. Everytime you want to get out the scales, go for a walk instead.

I am right at a 16/14 and have been that way for awhile. I am just letting it go. Make sure I do what is right food-wise everyday (my exercise takes care of itself right now), sleep as much as possible, and just enjoy the fact that I have NEVER has a 2-year plus stretch on a diet working - and it is working. (I was sleeved 1-4-12 but started the initial diet a year earlier).

Good luck, big hugs and find equanimity within all this, you are amazing! Your choices have been brave and you are in a better place than you would have been without it. Celebrate you life, your life has not stalled!!!! Just the scale. So 'poo!' on the scale and enjoy the fall season.

Thank you all for the pep talk! I really loved what you said pookeyism! One day at a time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches