Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey, banded veterans - What was week 4 like for you???

How did you feel around week 4 post-op in regards to eating? (please elaborate below)  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How did you feel around week 4 post-op in regards to eating? (please elaborate below)

• Satisfied - following post-op diet plan exactly as directed by doc
    • Satisfied - deviating from post-op diet plan as directed by doc
    • Unsatisfied - but still following post-op diet plan as directed by doc
    • Unsatisfied - deviating from post-op diet plan as directed by doc
    • Somewhere in between
    • Other

Dreamer and Renebean -- thanks so much!

i still feel as frustrated as i did the day i wrote this message. i've had one fill (only 2 cc's) and my 2nd fill was cancled this week (doc had a death in the family) so i have to reschedule for next week. I CANNOT WAIT TO FEEL SOME RESTRICTION that everyone keeps talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how much are you up to with fills?

:hungry: my doc says we can eat solids in the second week..mushies, have much more cals when you eat more and more of them...I started eating more normal foods pretty quickly..I am not normal in that I havent gotten used to the protien, veggies idea yet...too boring..till I can find something I llike..for Breakfast I either have a good bowl of low cal Cereal, or my no carb high protien choc drink,,it is very good. 50grms of Protein, and 1 carb, in the choc. I use Water. Then for lunch I have had tuna, on bread without crust, sliced turkey, and sliced cheese..taking alternate bites, fruit, and a SF pudding. dinner is not that great..I like cottage cheese, with a banana, or some taco bell meat with refried beans..and a SF ice cream bar. I was still loosing 2lbs a week, and didnt do a diet before surgery at all..so I started at 310 the day of surgery and I am now fluctuating between 291 and 294, at just under 2 months. So, just about 20lbs. Only this week has been bad because I am always hungry and all the junk is looking good again..since I know I can, shouldnt, but can eat it..I had some cream of wheat and then my sons brought MCds breakfasts home and they gave them 2 extra hash browns..eww yes I ate them...so, I know it is time, I am so glad my 2nd fill is next week..Mond or Tues..geri:faint: :hungry:

as you can see below, i am 2 months, 1 week, and 1 day since surgery and only down 20.5 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR...

i am still fighting to get my 2nd fill. i can eat a horse if let myself. i am STILL frustrated as hell!

hashbrowns = bad!!! but hey, we all fall off the boat now and then, right??? (((like a whole sleeve of reduced fat chips-a-hoy Cookies last saturday???? hey, they were reduced fat!))) ugh!

Oh Jess - this was the hardest time for me, too. Each fill helped a little bit - and by now I have had MANY fills - I have 8.8 in my Vanguard Band - I am pretty close to the "Sweet Spot" on my restriction - but it has taken an awful lot of time to get here.

Your 20.5 pounds in 2 mos looks pretty good to me... I have lost very slowly - but it's my own fault. I just haven't worked very hard at this since I got the surgery. It's like, after fighting the insurance company for so long, I just gave up for the first year.

I am a little back on track, now.... You can get more info by reading my journal. (a button on the blue bar at the top). Journals are a wealth of information. I was pretty good about journaling for the first few months - but now it's pretty sporadic.

Try not to go completely insane on your food choices - and just know that once in a while you are going to screw up. So long as you don't make a habit of it - it will be ok.

10 lbs a month is just about right - especially with no restriction - so take a deep breath, and do the best that you can. So long as you don't just give up - you haven't failed.

Hugs!!

actually 20 lbs is really good..you are supposed to loose about 10 a month...you figure in a year that is 120lb..which is great..geri

Hi everyone, I too am just now at about 4 weeks post-op. The first 2 weeks I felt so great (other than the pain). But on the other hand, for the past 2 weeks I have felt so hungry. My post-op diet for the first 2 weeks was Clear liquids, and the past 2 weeks it has been full liquids. I have my 1 month nutrition apt. tomorrow and my diet will probably be advanced to mushies/purees. I just can't wait to get this hunger under control and to feel as though I actually have a band. I am scared to death about screwing up.

Another thing that might be contributing to my increased hunger is that I have unfortunately started my period (not wanting to offend anyone) within the last few days. I pretty sure that also had something to do with it. I can't wait until I am done, I hoping it will be a lot easier for me to judge my actual hunger. Because I know for me that I am always a lot hungry during this time.

I feel bad saying that it makes me feel better to know that I am not the only one feeling this way and having the same issues as I do, but the truth is it does. But we wouldn't be of any help to one another if we couldn't relate to one another. It definitely helps me to know that there is support out there when I need it. I have support from my family and friends, but it is not the same. They don't and can't understand what I am going through.

Even with my struggle to get through the hunger, I have lost about 20 lbs. since my surgery. In the last week I have been at a stand still. I must be in starvation mode or something. Can't wait til it passes and I start to loss again.

Good luck everyone!!:clap2:

Stacy