Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 week liquids-scared!

I did a trial run of my two week liquic diet today and it really was not that bad at all... I just keep psyching myself wondering how 14 days without food at all will be like..kinda scary. I know I can do it, but I cant.even have chicken broth on my.liquid diet..mainly carnation sugar free shakes...idk ! Im so nervous! I havent gotten a surgery date yet but should be submitting.to insurance next week...eeek!

my pre op diet was a protien drink for Breakfast and lunch, and a piece of fish for dinner. Im not going to tell you to not listen to your suregons directions, but you don't need to do all liquids. Just low carb and high Protein to shrink your liver.

my pre op diet was a protien drink for breakfast and lunch' date=' and a piece of fish for dinner. Im not going to tell you to not listen to your suregons directions, but you don't need to do all liquids. Just low carb and high Protein to shrink your liver.[/quote']

Thanks for the advice because I'm over here dying to chew something. I've tried the egg drop Soup for the texture but it's still smooth :(

I lost 15lbs in 10 days doing only fish for dinner pre op. it will work.

I lost ten on mine im 6 days post op now

Always follow your surgeons instructions - there's a reason for what they do! Some don't worry too much about liver size, mine did - if your liver was a certain size, he'd close you up and not do the surgery. That's the point of the all-liquid diets.

There are lots of ways to make it palatable for the two weeks before surgery - and the full liquids stage after.

Does he have you on a specific Protein shake? If so, you can add extracts and spices (cinnamon, allspice, etc.) to vary the flavors. If not, you can also make homemade Soups and stews and puree them (just omit any Pasta, rice, or potatoes for the two weeks).

If your interested, we have lots of ideas on our first episode. Just click the link in my signature for the YouTube channel, then go to the episode called "Preventing Yuck in a Cup".

Hope this helps! :-) Good luck!

I lost 15lbs in 10 days doing only fish for dinner pre op. it will work.

How did you cook your fish??? How much Water did you drink????

Edited by Beauteous

pan fried filet with some olive oil. simple. used frozen talapia and salmon bought at the grocery store. Water intake was normal, i did not add to or decrease my water consumption.

pan fried filet with some olive oil. simple. used frozen talapia and salmon bought at the grocery store. Water intake was normal' date=' i did not add to or decrease my Water consumption.[/quote']

Can you have ready mix shakes like premier Protein and ESA shakes?

yeah thats all ever drink, i dont have the time or the patience to mix my own. I buy this one, http://www.mealreplacementshakereviews.com/myoplex-lite-review/ best tasting chocolate flavor and tons of protien. you only need 1 per day at most.

Can you have ready mix shakes like premier Protein and ESA shakes?

yeah thats all ever drink, i dont have the time or the patience to mix my own. I buy this one, http://www.mealrepla...ex-lite-review/ best tasting chocolate flavor i have tried a lot of different kinds too, and tons of Protein. I buy it at my local grocery store which is Kroger, not online, but i haven't compared the pricing so maybe you could find a deal because they are kind of expensive. They way I look at it is that I don't eat a lot of food anyways so I might as well spend a little more on the food I do eat and make sure they are of superior quality.

Always follow your surgeons instructions - there's a reason for what they do! Some don't worry too much about liver size' date=' mine did - if your liver was a certain size, he'd close you up and not do the surgery. That's the point of the all-liquid diets.

There are lots of ways to make it palatable for the two weeks before surgery - and the full liquids stage after.

Does he have you on a specific Protein shake? If so, you can add extracts and spices (cinnamon, allspice, etc.) to vary the flavors. If not, you can also make homemade Soups and stews and puree them (just omit any Pasta, rice, or potatoes for the two weeks).

If your interested, we have lots of ideas on our first episode. Just click the link in my signature for the YouTube channel, then go to the episode called "Preventing Yuck in a Cup".

Hope this helps! :-) Good luck![/quote']

Hi, I would love to see ur vid...what's the link please?

Edited by babypoe

My preopwas 3-4 Protein "shakes" /day.

Pretty good. I was never hungry. There were shakes, Soups, and puddings, on the system I had.

Hot coco was the best. strawberry shake was least fav.

I did an extra 1/2 week.. Started early. Lost 12 lbs. surgeon was happy with results.

I had the same thing for 2 weeks post op. after that they gave me cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, youghurt, crean of wheat, and milk in addition to 3-4 shakes.< /p>