Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my 1st class yesterday

Had my first class at the hospital yesterday. 14 people. 1 1/2 hours. Yikes. A lot of info to absorb. I sat down and went over it this am.

It's doable. Less anxious today.

Thank you ev1 for your support when I was all frazzled. :blink:

You are a great support system and I do appreciate ya'll being here.

Hello!

I have also just completed my first class, as well as some pre-op appointments. I am very up and down with my feelings lately. Most of the time I am super excited, as well as anxious and nervous, and then there are days that I second guess myself. I know this is my best option to getting healthy and making changes that NEED to be made. It's nice to be able to talk to people at the same stage I am, who are also anxious. Good luck to you!!

Today I woke up depressed and anxious. I know it's b/c I'm not doing everything perfectly.

I'm having trouble putting this all together. For instance:

Take 20-30 min to finish a meal, Then waiting 1/2 hr. to drink. Yet get all the food and Water in? I find it very difficult.

It would help if I knew that I'd positively get approved.

Where do you live, Bonnie?

Yes, it is very difficult to make such big changes! I live in Madison, WI. How about you?

I live in Schuylkill County' date=' PA[/quote']

Where is that? I am in Monroe County, PA

I've heard of Monroe County, but I don't know where it is.

Schuylkill County is north of Reading, PA on Rt 61.

It's near Pottsville.

Also, 1 hr. from Hershey Medical Center on interstate 81.

Hope that helps.

I've heard of Monroe County' date=' but I don't know where it is.

Schuylkill County is north of Reading, PA on Rt 61.

It's near Pottsville.

Also, 1 hr. from Hershey Medical Center on interstate 81.

Hope that helps.[/quote']

Abot an hour or so from me then. I am on the other side of Allentown.

Wow, that's not that far from me, ejsfanatic.

I'm starting to feel more comfortable w the eating guidelines that they gave us. It was so overwhelming at first. Now, it's getting easier. I didn't think I could ever do this at first.

Tonight, after I got home from the mandatory support group, I wrote down what I still need to work on. It's not that bad really.

So, how are you both doing, Bonnie and ejsfanatic?

I added you both as friends. Hope you don't mind.

Wow' date=' that's not that far from me, ejsfanatic.

I'm starting to feel more comfortable w the eating guidelines that they gave us. It was so overwhelming at first. Now, it's getting easier. I didn't think I could ever do this at first.

Tonight, after I got home from the mandatory support group, I wrote down what I still need to work on. It's not that bad really.

So, how are you both doing, Bonnie and ejsfanatic?

I added you both as friends. Hope you don't mind.[/quote']

Dont mind at all. I am winding down on the requirements. Friday is the last. I have a chest xray, blood work and the PFT test. Then I just have to finish my 90 day wt loss which is 9/20. Then they can submit to insurance. I had the sleep apnea test last sat but no results yet, although when I had my EDG I was told then that I do have it. The doc said as soon as they put me under, my airway closed up. He said 'how do you ever get any rest???'. So I imagine they will be fitting me for head gear shortly.

How are you doing??

Glad you're doing well.

I chuckled to myself about what the doc said to you about how do you get any rest. lol

I was fitted for headgear. Ugh! I sent it back. I just couldn't sleep w that on me. When I wake up in the morning, my mouth is so dry that my teeth are sticking to my gums. lol

It never fails that when the grandkids sleep over one of them will say, "Nana, you snore loud." With the emphasis on the word loud. lol

I've just been journeling (however u spell it) my food and keeping busy.

I notice that I don't take naps any longer. And, by the time bedtime comes around, I'm tired. Maybe it's all that Protein and Vitamins. Humm...who knows.

\

Have you been sleeved already, or starting the journey? Today I finished up the rest of the required testing, feel really good about that! I am going to try to drag out the next step in the apnea testing so.....maybe I can be sleeved before then and wont need the headgear.

What are your goals and wants with the sleeve!

I'm still pre-op. Surgery date is Nov. 14.

I have 5 grandchildren ranging fm. 13 to 3. I want to run and play w them. Go bike riding.

Here's one embarrassing thing that happened to me one year: My dau. and her family invited me to go w them to Myrtle Beach, SC. Even though I'm fat, sometimes I forget it. I was on the beach and ran into the Water like I was a kid again. A wave, that I once would have enjoyed jumping over, came and knocked me over. I was so weak that I couldn't fight it. I stopped struggling and just left the ocean carry me onto the beach. When I was on the beach, still in the Water, I was too heavy and weak to get up. My daughter finally came over and lifted me up. I never went into the ocean after that. With this body, I am too afraid.

So, one day, I'm going back to that beach, and I am going into that ocean, and I am going to play in the waves.

Also, I check out chairs right now. I evaluate them. Such as, am I too wide for that chair? Will my weight break that chair if I sit in it? I avoid rides at the amusement park that I once enjoyed b/c the seats are too small.

One day I am going on all those rides and enjoy myself.

So, those are a few examples.

You will do it too! I love your resolve.

What a beautiful gift you are giving to yourself. How did you get a date so fast? Didnt you have to go through all the testing first? I have had so many tests I dont know if I am coming or going and I still dont have a surgery date yet,

Before I called the hospital to enroll in the program, I called the surgeon's office. I didn't know any different. The surgeon's office asked me when the review board is. I didn't know what they were talking about. She said to call over to the wt. mgt. program and ask. So, I did. I guess since it was the surgeon asking, she hurried and figured out when my case will go to the review board b/c I noticed she sounded like she was falling all over herself. So, I called back to the surgeon's office and told them when my case should go to the review board. They gave me a date two weeks later than that date.

Then when I started the classes, they said at the class not to call the surgeon until the program is over. O, well....I didn't know.

So, there you have it. That's how I got my date so fast.

How are you doing?