Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

I KNOWS you can! Look at that warrior face in your profile. Get out of my way face!!! And super skinny too! ;)

Lol butter always gives me crap about not smiling in pics :P

Yep it the look of determination!

Only got in 1.5 yesterday. Very lazy and sleepy Sunday. 85.75 total.

I promise I will do better today! dde04

Me too!

On that note imma going to get on that treadmill or bike right now and knock some miles out!

Lol butter always gives me crap about not smiling in pics :P

It's not uncommon for folks here to not like the camera....and even scowl at it a little. But you rarely see it on a selfie. What where you telling yourself not to take that selfie.....and then took it anyway? Do you often argue with yourself? Hear voices? I'm worried about you.

It's not uncommon for folks here to not like the camera....and even scowl at it a little. But you rarely see it on a selfie. What where you telling yourself not to take that selfie.....and then took it anyway? Do you often argue with yourself? Hear voices? I'm worried about you.

Lol! You mean son of a beep! Don't you know that picture was taken as I was pouting??

I was feeling fat unhappy about my weight as I wa getting ready to go somewhere. And I happen to see myself in the mirror and what I saw was not the same as what I was feeling..

So I guess your right I was arguing with myself :P

Ok 8 on the bike hoping to get two more in later with the treadmill :)

I did a lot of walking today...3.14 miles. I just finished riding the recumbent bike 4.45 miles which put me at 7.59 miles today and a total of....101 miles!! I can't believe I did it and with days to spare!!! My wife took a pic right after I broke 100 miles...lol! I just need to figure out how to post it.

Come on everyone...we are in the home stretch!! If I can do it, you can do it. Before my surgery last month, if you told me I would do this I would have laughed at you. Now, exactly 5 weeks to the day post op, I have finished the 100 mile challenge and don't plan on stopping!! Thanks for the motivation everyone!

I figured out how to post pictures...lol Here I am breaking 100 miles...an extremely happy moment for me!

post-57238-13813670224124_thumb.jpg

I love reading this thread. It really inspires me and I can't WAIT until I can participate in one of these.

After hurting for over a week, I was able to walk a mile today and I cannot tell you how good it felt. Feeling hopeful :)

Hi all:

I haven't checked in but I have been busy! I did take off on Friday and yesterday but I managed to meet my personal goal...I now have a total of 73.46. I have done my usual: walking, biking, and hiking. Good job everyone! We're almost there...I have to do a minimum of 3.7 miles/day to meet my goal...I know I will do it!

I love reading this thread. It really inspires me and I can't WAIT until I can participate in one of these.

After hurting for over a week, I was able to walk a mile today and I cannot tell you how good it felt. Feeling hopeful :)

I am glad you are feeling better and glad you got a chance to walk today. Don't worry, after this challenge motivated me so much, I am sure it will hang around...I will even start the Oct challenge. Great job...just take it slow.

I got in 8.5 miles so far for a total of 76.1 miles. Going out again tonight and tomorrow. Should get in another 15 or 16 miles. It is much harder with the grand kids in the carrier to go for long distance and a better work out. The two of them together plus the carrier is about 80 extra pounds.

I was going to ride today and the carrier had a flat tire so by the time it was fixed, it started to get dark. I did do two rides in yesterday and am up to 82.8.

However the big news is I GOT VERBAL APPROVAL TODAY FROM THE INSURANCE CO. Now all I need is the written letter, then figure out when is the best time to leave work for a while. Butter and Laura, I told you both that when I got approved, I would be shouting it in the forum and everyone would know.

I will get my miles in the before the month end and hope to pass 100.

4000 m of rowing today in 1000 m increments for time. That is about 2 1/4 mile. Workout was 1000m followed by as many push-ups as possible in 6 minute increments with 3 min rest in between. 4 increments total. Ended up with 244 push-ups total and very tired arms. :) I am glad we did not run today because it was raining a monsoon outside!!

Tomorrow it looks like we will be running a mile for time along with a test for max squat, bench and deadlift 1 rep. Time to put on the after burners again like last thursday. I want to run sub 5 minutes.

I figured out how to post pictures...lol Here I am breaking 100 miles...an extremely happy moment for me!

Look at you!!! Awesome!

I was going to ride today and the carrier had a flat tire so by the time it was fixed, it started to get dark. I did do two rides in yesterday and am up to 82.8.

However the big news is I GOT VERBAL APPROVAL TODAY FROM THE INSURANCE CO. Now all I need is the written letter, then figure out when is the best time to leave work for a while. Butter and Laura, I told you both that when I got approved, I would be shouting it in the forum and everyone would know.

I will get my miles in the before the month end and hope to pass 100.

OMG!

Congratulations rib!!!

Good news everywhere today! :)

Hey everyone! Did 3 miles today!! Putting me to 32 miles.