Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg Omg Omg i got Approved

Happy New Year!

How are my sept sleevers and friends??

Please update!!!!

ReadyNewMe how are you hows it going with you? I am 2 days from my 4 months out i feel GREAT i am at 169lbs i still have a hard time believing it =) my hair has really started to fall out now =( i'm trying not to stress it because i know it makes it worse but on that note i have started to increase my Protein intake because i hear that helps

Does anyone know a way or has been successful in speeding up the 6 month diet for insurance purposes ?? I am so ready for surgery.

Hi MzGee fortunately i didn't have 2 go through that process i have Harvard Pilgrim but i do see some people say that if they get prior records of like programs that they have done to loose weight and prior records from doctors that it does help. I am about to start helping my hubbys aunt who wants to have the surgery and she will have to do the 6 months prior to having surgery if i find out any info i def will let you know =)

Does anyone know a way or has been successful in speeding up the 6 month diet for insurance purposes ?? I am so ready for surgery.

I'm in the same boat!! I thought I had two weeks left for my six months but it's 4! I'm super bummed out because I don't want to get denied for being below 40 BMI with one comorbidity. I wonder if they can still send the referral to see the surge region knowing I only have two more weeks and will continue to attend until my surgery? I just want to star the ball rolling I'm super anxious and excited for this new journey

Bethzy!!! How are you????

Bethzy!!! How are you????

ReadyNewMe how are you hows it going with you? I am 2 days from my 4 months out i feel GREAT i am at 169lbs i still have a hard time believing it =) my hair has really started to fall out now =( i'm trying not to stress it because i know it makes it worse but on that note i have started to increase my Protein intake because i hear that helps

Hi!!! Great lost Betzy! Im at 136 and Im so happy. Yes, and my hair is falling out since 1 month go.... Im so frustrated about it, because Im taking 10, 000 mg of Biotin daily before my surgery....Do you know any good Shampoo or hair treatment? :( yea, my dr told me that the increase of protein should help....keep in touch!!

Congrats you deserve it .

Hi!!! Great lost Betzy! Im at 136 and Im so happy. Yes, and my hair is falling out since 1 month go.... Im so frustrated about it, because Im taking 10, 000 mg of Biotin daily before my surgery....Do you know any good Shampoo or hair treatment? :( yea, my dr told me that the increase of Protein should help....keep in touch!!

Thank you yeah i still can't believe i've gone from 250 lbs to 169 and counting its just amazing i am sooo happy i cant wait to see what i weigh a few more months from now =) hairloss is very stressfull but the more you get stressed the worst it is so try to look at the bright side we are loosing weight and it will grow back. I'm a hairdresser and trust me its hard 2 deal with my hair has always been one of my best features =( Nioxin shampoo treatment i hear is good i personally have never had to use it, i take biotin as well and use Organix biotin and collagen thick and fuller shampoo i get it at Walmart i like the way it makes my hair feel, and i've also read that increasing protein intake and taking your Vitamins is a MUST to help with the hairloss it wont stop it but it may slow it down which is better than nothing and some say that the hairloss should last between 3 to 6 months but then again everybody i different, i have a friend almost 2 years out and she says her hair keeps falling out pretty bad and uts extremely thin but she stopped taking her vitamins a while agoo so yeah staying on track with the vitamins i'm sure has alot to do with it and it will help.

post-178537-0-45021500-1389365235_thumb.png

Thats great happy for you

they told me last Friday they going to summit my paper work lets see

How are you doing? How did the surgery go if you don't mind me asking?

Hi, I'm new to the process and just 3 months into my required 6 mos of weight loss visits with my PCP. I have a list of the requirements from insurance and was pre-approved. I was assigned a bariatric weight-loss case manager and will complete all requirements on the list. I assumed approval was routine and provided if all of the boxes are checked. Have some of you found that it is more arbitrary? Should I add this to the list of things I worry about?

Thank you yeah i still can't believe i've gone from 250 lbs to 169 and counting its just amazing i am sooo happy i cant wait to see what i weigh a few more months from now =) hairloss is very stressfull but the more you get stressed the worst it is so try to look at the bright side we are loosing weight and it will grow back. I'm a hairdresser and trust me its hard 2 deal with my hair has always been one of my best features =( Nioxin Shampoo treatment i hear is good i personally have never had to use it, i take Biotin as well and use Organix biotin and collagen thick and fuller shampoo i get it at Walmart i like the way it makes my hair feel, and i've also read that increasing Protein intake and taking your Vitamins is a MUST to help with the hairloss it wont stop it but it may slow it down which is better than nothing and some say that the hairloss should last between 3 to 6 months but then again everybody i different, i have a friend almost 2 years out and she says her hair keeps falling out pretty bad and uts extremely thin but she stopped taking her vitamins a while agoo so yeah staying on track with the vitamins i'm sure has alot to do with it and it will help.

Thank you Berhzy!!!! I will try this shampoo....we need the vitamins and the proteinnnnn!!!! Take care!

Wow i have so many mixed emotions right now i wanna scream, cry, laugh all of the above ....lol...my isurance coordinator emailed me yesterday telling me she was gonna submit my info to insurance and that we should know by tuesday next week but she just emailed me saying that i got Approved and am all set and ready for the 10th yiiiiikes it's feeling sooo real NOW .. =)....soooo Nervioooous!

That is sooooo great! When did you first start the process????

Edited by 2cute2bbig

Yayyyy! Good luck!

I started my process in July 2013 and had my surgery in September =)