Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's the little things

So I'm traveling DFW-BOS today. First trip since sleeved, but the first of many since I typically travel at least 3 times a month.

Of course I struggled to pack my bag and had to sit down twice while getting dressed. Almost passed out while rushing around. Told myself to "man up" and get going because this is what I have to do.

My bag is full of weird things like Protein shake powders, Protein Soup packets, blender bottles, and is light enough that I can pick it up and put it in the overhead.

I get to the airport and you know what's really nice?? Not even having to THINK about "Do I want something to eat?" Sounds like a small thing and perhaps it is, but it's a big feel-good for me.

I was always very careful about eating junk while traveling but I THOUGHT about it. A lot. I had all these reasons I should get something just in case. In case we were delayed, in case I didn't have time to grab lunch before meetings, in case, in case.

Today I know I need a G-2 for carbs, a bottle of Water for my shake on the plane, and that's it! Oh sweet relief! Thank you sleeve! I love you!

Interestingly I have to take a client out to dinner tonight, and another one tomorrow. And me only 2 days old on soft foods. Should be fun :)

I was always very careful about eating junk while traveling but I THOUGHT about it.

gamegirl

i don't think there is such a thing like "little things"/NSV's

anything new you accomplish, big or small, WooHoo!!!!

the airport has so many vending machines/junk/danish/temptations!!!

hard to resist

but you did great!!!! applause, applause!!! :)

dinner with client - soft food????

not sure what to suggest :(

even though you are done with liquids - have a nice hot bowl of soup

say you just are "getting over the stomach flu" :blink:

no reason to say more then/and in the future in similar situations

they should MYOB - but you better not tell them that!!!!! ;)

24 lbs down :o

you are doing great :)

keep up the good job :)

kathy

congrats

You got this, girl! Good luck and safe trip!!

You got this' date=' girl! Good luck and safe trip!![/quote']

Thank you! It's just another adventure isn't it?

Yep it is and just look at your fine reflection in all those junk food shop windows as you walk by!! Totally worth it, right?

gamegirl

i don't think there is such a thing like "little things"/NSV's

anything new you accomplish' date=' big or small, WooHoo!!!!

the airport has so many vending machines/junk/danish/temptations!!!

hard to resist

but you did great!!!! applause, applause!!! :)

dinner with client - soft food????

not sure what to suggest :(

even though you are done with liquids - have a nice hot bowl of Soup

say you just are "getting over the stomach flu" :blink:

no reason to say more then/and in the future in similar situations

they should MYOB - but you better not tell them that!!!!! ;)

24 lbs down :o

you are doing great :)

keep up the good job :)

kathy

congrats[/quote']

It's 25 lbs today Grammy! I'm excited :)

My clients are used to eating half my food at restaurants anyway. They love when I take them out so I doubt they'd care. I will find a crab cake appetizer or something and eat a little and put the rest on their plate when they aren't looking :)

I'm so happy I'm back at work, it feels like life is slowly returning to normal.

Good luck on your trip!! And yay for being back at work. Treat yourself to a non-food splurge while you're gone, just for being awesome! B)

Good luck on your trip!! And yay for being back at work. Treat yourself to a non-food splurge while you're gone' date=' just for being awesome! B)[/quote']

Ooh what a good idea! Hmmm now I have to think of something. :)