Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question for everyone. What kind of Protein Powder did you drink pre-op and during your liquid post-op period. I know we are supposed to have a lot of Protein, so I'm just wondering what everyone used. I have no idea what to look for as far as taste, amount of protein, etc.

Joan

I have tried several so far. I can't stand anything from GNC. The ONLY kind I like is Unjuy.com chocolate Protein Powder. I didn't like any of thier other flavors. I mix it in my bullet blender with a cup of skim milk. It has 90 calories and 20 grams of Protein (before adding the milk) per serving. I usually have one in the morning and drink one at night if I haven't had enough protein that day from my other foods. Unjury has sample sizes for sale too, which is nice.

Someone on another message board suggested Hanks Finest Protein Milkshake. I ordered a sample for $3 and I liked it. I just did a search for it and they sent a chocolate and vanilla pack. I am not really a vanilla fan, so I have only tried the chocolate so far.

They give you a discount for any future purchases since you had to pay for the sample.

My doctor game me MyOCel for my pre op diet, which surprisingly was good. I have tried several shakes, including Medifast and prefer this. It was $40 for a 2 week supply.

I ordered a few samples from unjury.com as well. I tried the strawberry sorbert, chocolate and vanilla. Although I am a chocolate fan, I loved the vanilla. I just made my second order. I had a shake in the am, around 7am and was totally satisfied until noon time. A+ They also offer tasteless Protein powder to add to different things.

Has any one tried Muscle Milk Light? Lots of flavors High in protien Low in calories. 25G protien, 195 in calories for a 8oz shake. Go to ebay and type it in. It looks expensive, "check the prices at a GNC!!!" Sometimes you can get a good buy on ebay, or just type it in Google, and you will see how many places sell this stuff. I like the strawberry shake, Cookies n cream, and chocolate carmel swirel. Not to mention a few others. It is good stuff.

the Hospital gave me some, and recomend it. Shirley....

Thanks for all of the input guys. I have ordered some of the unjury samples, but I haven't tried them yet. I am sure gonna check into the others you guys mentioned. I am trying to find my favorites before surgery so I will be ready. Thanks again for all the help.

Joan

I really like the unjury as well. I have found I like the chocolate better than vanilla but I like soy milk and I buy the light chocolate soy milk and put the vanilla Unjury in it. It is really good. I started having them for Breakfast long before I needed to. I have also tried a few of the nectar protien powders but personally did not care for them.

Unjury.com

Thw two I invested the most in were (I may get the names slightly off) Isopure Zero Carb (or maybe it was perfect carb, don't remember) card free, low fat, low cal. Wasn't the best tasting.

Since about 2 months post-op I've been faithful to "Six Star" brand whey Protein isolate. IMO it tastes the best, has the least aftertaste, and if you mix it with milk it blends nicely with flavorings. Low carb/fat/cal, a little over 20gm per scoop - I do double scoops.

Thw two I invested the most in were (I may get the names slightly off) Isopure Zero Carb (or maybe it was perfect carb, don't remember) card free, low fat, low cal. Wasn't the best tasting.

Since about 2 months post-op I've been faithful to "Six Star" brand whey Protein isolate. IMO it tastes the best, has the least aftertaste, and if you mix it with milk it blends nicely with flavorings. Low carb/fat/cal, a little over 20gm per scoop - I do double scoops.

Wheetsin,

Where do you get the Six Star Protein isolate? I haven't heard of it before. Please let me know.

Joan

I get mine from Walmart...believe it or not. I too love the chocolate and mix it w/Skim milk for a decent flavor. I would like to try the vanilla, but haven't it hasn't been at the store when I've gone. It is smooth like chocolate milk. Just make sure you check the directions for the right amount of Protein & carbs. :rose: