Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Evening Primrose Oil

My temperature was so low, and I stayed freezing cold all of the time. Coconut oil really helps me. :-) :-)

How much do you take and like, how? You just eat it off a spoon?

2 tablespoons (clear melted) daily.

I also cook with it.

I like Gold Label Tropical Traditions coconut oil

GG, have you tried other Omega supplements besides EPO? Just curious. It seems to me that we are on such fat restricted diets, that we run the risk of impairing a lot of metabolic, hormonal, and brain functions (which I really want to hang onto!). I use fermented cod liver oil and coconut oil...

You know I haven't. I hate, hate hate fish oil. Isn't that terrible? I really do. I got the coromega supplements that were supposed to be not-so-nasty and I can still taste the fish oil. I should do more coconut oil. I could easily cook with it. Actually what it REALLY tastes good with? Is popcorn. OMG. SO good!

But I agree with you, we really should supplement with more omegas. We have got to be deficient. I've altered my diet to include about 40% Protein, 40% fat, and 20% carbs this week. Usually I use ghee to cook with, but I might try moving to coconut oil, of which I have plenty.

I used to make a very yummy desert with just melting bittersweet, no sugar added chocolate and coconut oil together, and then mixing sliced almonds in it. Freeze it and leave it in the freezer. Take little squares out when you want. So freaking good. It's not sweet at all, but I'm wondering if it's not too many calories for our limited intakes now. I may have to calculate it and see.

How much do you take and like' date=' how? You just eat it off a spoon?[/quote']

How does EPO help? I could maybe add that to help my thyroid.

How does EPO help? I could maybe add that to help my thyroid.

For me, the MAJOR help was it helps me stop losing hair. I've tried life with and without it. Sometimes I forget I haven't taken EPO until I get in the shower, and then it's very apparent that I've stopped because my hair falls out much more. Fish oil capsules haven't helped me with Hair loss. Now, I know we lose hair with the surgery and I expect I will anyway, but you can already see my scalp in places and I don't need to lose more, so I'm swallowing my EPO daily.

It's supposed to also help with the dry skin that comes with thyroid, but maybe you need higher doses? It doesn't alleviate that for me. That's what lotion is for, IMO and I lurrve lotions anyway.

People say it helps with PMS as well, I dunno that I see a change.

For me' date=' the MAJOR help was it helps me stop losing hair. I've tried life with and without it. Sometimes I forget I haven't taken EPO until I get in the shower, and then it's very apparent that I've stopped because my hair falls out much more. Fish oil capsules haven't helped me with Hair loss. Now, I know we lose hair with the surgery and I expect I will anyway, but you can already see my scalp in places and I don't need to lose more, so I'm swallowing my EPO daily. It's supposed to also help with the dry skin that comes with thyroid, but maybe you need higher doses? It doesn't alleviate that for me. That's what lotion is for, IMO and I lurrve lotions anyway. People say it helps with PMS as well, I dunno that I see a change.[/quote']

Have you tried Arnica? May be something to help with hair loss. Apply toxically. It makes my hair grow like crazy!

Have you tried Arnica? May be something to help with Hair loss. Apply toxically. It makes my hair grow like crazy!

Really?? Like, just arnica oil? I would love to try that.

Really?? Like' date=' just arnica oil? I would love to try that.[/quote']

Arnica Extract. I got mine from Pure Herbs. They have the instructions online. I will try to find it for you.

Really?? Like' date=' just arnica oil? I would love to try that.[/quote']

Try this site. Arnica mixed with oil.

http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/256318/