Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

OMG, I think I am melting!!! At least that's one way to lose some of this fat! LOL!

Great idea for a chat thread Fee.

I have this week off work, so at least don't have to spend over an hour in the car each way to get there in all this heat. It looks like it's going to be one heck of a long, hot summer.

Had a bit of fun this afternoon in the heat, with the blackout, a 5yo with "cabin fever" (i.e. restless), and trying to pack up the Xmas decos - FUN??? FUNNN????!!!#$%&*#??? I don't think so. We hare having more fun tomorrow, with a play date with some kinder friends at our place. While we'd love them all to come, I just hope that they don't all turn up, as we'll have to be inside due to the heat, and I don't look forward to a house full of hot, screaming 5yo. Maybe we'll take them out onto the trampoline and squirt them with Water pistols & Water bombs (reclaimed water of course!). LOL!

I thought that Mikey Robins was looking slim - DH and I remarked on it a couple of months back when we saw him on TV. Not surprised that it was a lapband. I am so pleased to see him getting healthier, and no longer on the way to an early grave like what happened to one of my other favourite commedians (John Candy).

Great work with the liquid diet Susannah - us this your pre-op phase?? Remind my failing memory please! That pre-op diet really was the worst part for me. Before you know it you'll be better than new!

And thanks Jacqui for the inspiration and thoughts on exercise - I am at the very early 'hard slog' phase of things, and reading that it gets easier to do and even love is really motivating to try harder.

Hey....yeah my power was out for 2 and a half hours and the kids were very restless.....thank god its back on its still 39 degrees

Hi girls

Great idea with this melbourne thread Fee! Its great to chat to locals and compare notes :)

How hot is it! I am still at work.. have to sleep here tonight and the aircon is out of action :P ... think i will just stay online all night with the fan on lol

How is the liquid diet going Susannah? Like you said it would be much easier now than trying to do it in winter so hang in there :)

Good luck for feb Bronnie.. it is just around the corner you lucky girl :)

Anyway,hope to catch up with you all soon if i don't melt away tonight. Hope you all cope with this heat ok

Loretta :)

Hey All......what a hot night....has anyone heard about these new restrictions coming in about no air con?

Oh and Anna and Loretta...yeah thanks...tho it would be good for us to jump in here and chat:)

Morning all...

well, i melted badly yesterday working in a hospital with no lights or aircon isnt exactly fun. Lifts weren't working so had to use the stairs to get anywhere. Of-coarse I work on the top floor. :faint:

Well done with the liquid diet Susanah....

Tangle....yeh!! cant wait to 12th Feb to see Dr Nottle but op date maybe a while after that. I hope i dont have to wait long. Going private and as im an egar beaver ive already booked into see a dietician and the physician on 14th feb.

Susannah - I didnt get anything back from Medicare from my $3060 out of pocket expense. Who is banding you? I took the receipt to Medicare just to check in case I could get a pleasant surprise but no. Still when I consider how much $$ i have saved in food - particularly when eating out which i do regularly. Now I have a bowl or Soup or salad where in the past I would have a full meal and desert. I also have saved heaps in my weekly grocery bill I am well on the way to recovering some of my out of pocket expense, that is without considering the health benefits and being able to buy nicer off the rack clothes. Remember you can claim the $3500 in your tax so you will get back 20% of what you pay in the tax year for medical expenses over about $1500 or $1600 I dont know exactly the amount.

Hi Girls,

Anna and Loretta, I am pre op liquid diet on Optifast.

Tara, Its probably wishful thinking re getting anything back! :rolleyes:

Susannah:biggrin1:

I dunno maybe there all different as i got some back...and so did my friend who got banded by the same doc as me...and there is a thread on here somewhere about others claiming back from medicare as well....just check up to see

Fee.... how much did you get back??? im prepared to watch my $3500 or however much it is for Dr Nottle to just disappear. Of coarse anything back is a bonus. At the end of the day... this i hope will be $ well spent

Hey Bronnie, my surgeon charges $3500. Your surgeon might charge less. It differs probably. At the end of the day it is money well spent for all of us really. You can't put a price on your health. Susannah

How true that is, susannah.

Hows the liquid diet going. Im not a vegie eater so can you have salad as well or is it strictly vegies?? Im thinking of going on Optifast for 1 or 2 weeks prior to the op even if the surgeon doesnt insist as i think it is good to start preparing yourself for the liquid phase post op.