Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Melbourne Chat Thread!!!!

Hi All,

Sussanah - Great Pic, you'll have guys knocking down your door soon!!!!!

Bronnie - How are you doing? liquids was awful, I'm right there with you.

I am feeling a little down at the moment I lost huge amount in the first week and none since!!!! Is this normanl??? :( I don't feel that I am eating alot or the wrong foods example:

Breakfast Up & Go

lunch - tuna and cottage cheese

dinner - chicken & salad or Mexican Beans ( I love hot food)

If hungry at all in between I'll have a fruit puree or something like that,

I still feel hungry, and don't have alot of energy, can anyone recommend a Multi-Vitamin, not doing alot f exercise as just sooooo tired.

Help!!!!:think :think

My sister looks like a model, my brothers bioth the same (Benn deceased), My mum is approx 5Ft (and she says 1/2inch), she is overweight I think around 80kgs but lives in denial, she dosen't have alot of money and lives on crap - really p..... me off.

My natural dad is 6ft and overweight ( I haven't seen him since I was 5) but remember him being Fat. Lucky me!!!!

Hi Dionne, How are you? One thing I have found that really speeds up your weight loss is the dreaded exercise. It really does. I know it is hard and unpleasant at first, but as you get fitter it gets a little easier each time, and you feel a real sense of accomplishment for doing it and sticking with it.

As for my picture I know That I was not blessed with looks, but I was blessed with having a big and kind heart.

Your diet sounds good. The only thing I would get rid of is the up and go. It has a lot of sugar in it.

Good on ya D.!!!!:clap2:

Susannah

hi everyone...

well today is day 11 on liquids. Going quite well. I have to actually force myself to have Fluid as i dont feel like anything. Im still a bit sore. If i take a big breath in, i get pain in the middle of my chest and in the left of my upper back... Did/has anyone had this?? I still have to sleep basically sitting up in bed with 3-4 pillows behind me. If i lie down it feels like everything is pulling.

Ive commenced excersise... walked the past 3 days and going back to tennis tomorrow. Hey!! maybe in the near future i wont waddle around the court.

For Vitamins ive been taking... Supradyn.... gives me heaps of energy....

Bronnie, the pain you are feeling is totally normal. The pain in your back is still gas pain, it will pass (I know I keep saying that but it will!) I slept sitting up until about 4 weeks out.

GOOD JOB on the exercise! Enjoy the tennis tomorrow (wear sunscreen!!)

I take supradyn too.

I'm going for ANOTHER fill tomorrow. Lets home THIS one is the last. We'll see.

Im so happy all these feelings/pain etc are normal.. ive been getting concerned. Also i cant feel my port only my extra padding!!! Im seeing the surgeon on friday for my first post-op check-up. I heard he sometimes does a fill 2 weeks post-op..... im a bit scared of what to expect r/e is it painful??

Hi Bronnie, Do you see your surgeon already? I didn't see mine until 5 weeks post op. He does not fill before that point.

I am going to see him again next week, and I am looking down the barrel of a possible port revision already!:) :) Will know by next week what the go is.

Meanwhile Bronnie all your aches and pains are normal as Meredith said. You must be looking forward to the mushies and solid stages also.:)

Enjoy your game of tennis. You are doing really well. Good on you B!:clap2:

Susannah

I saw my Dr for my first fill exactly 4 weeks after my surgery. My surgeon wouldn't fill any sooner than that. I'm not a Dr (obviously!) but 2 weeks seems rather soon for the first fill. I was still feeling like a pile of crap 2 weeks out...anyway your Dr will decide with his infinite wisdom what is best for you.

Even after 28 kilos gone Bronnie I can only just feel my port and even then I have to press pretty deep. I gave up trying to find it after a week or two, I knew it was in there, but I just couldn't feel it either. It'll pop up as the kilos fall off.

Susannah you know my best wishes and hopes and prayers are with you lovely girl. I hope that the port situation is sorted easily or the revision is quick and painless for you!

So I got another fill today. I'm up to 8.5mls. PLEASE let this be it for me!!

But I had a total shock when I got on the scales and I saw 86.4 kilos! That means that I have lost 4 kilos since my last fill 2 weeks ago!! I have no idea how that happened, cos I haven't been doing any thing different. If anything I have been nibbling on chocolate a little more!!

Hi Everyone....

Been a bit stressed... i have 2 jobs one being as a nurse at a hospital part-time and the other as a Nurse casual with a pharmaceutical company doing health assessments. To make a long story short... i got a phone call yesterday at 2pm from my boss at my second job and he said my employment was terminated. He said some crap about needing higher qualifications then i have. mmmmm.... ive been employed with them for 3 years and no problems and even won an award for outstanding performance in 2006. You may recall i went for another position a couple of months back that was higher up with the company but i 'didnt fit the profile' mmmmm... why didnt they say cause i was fat...

Now i believe that they got rid of me 1/ because i spoke up in a big way when i didnt get the other job 2/ because i took time off for op/recovery etc.................... I have sort lots of legal advise and not much i can do.

Anyway....

Bel, i went private throught Dr Nottle.

Everyone, I heard Dr Nottle sometimes does a fill at 2 weeks, im seeing him this friday. I went back to playing tennis today and im now exhausted. Still on liquids. Im finding i have no restiction now, i guess swelling has gone down. I actually had a full small fat blast juice drink from one of those juice bars today. 4 days ago i couldnt get through 1/2 of it.

Thanks for listening to my wingeing, guess you havernt got a choice!!!!

Hey Meredith, 4 kilos!:biggrin1: :clap2: That is ace mate! Don't ya just love it! You eat a little bit of choccie and you still lose. That is wicked.

Belinda, I have heard that there is quite a considerable wait to be banded on the public waiting list at most of the hospitals. I would say at least 18 months to two years.

Is there any way you could go private? Check it out anyway.

Loretta are you out there? Hope you are well.

I am doing well, I just keep on keeping on.:mad:

Susannah

Ok Bronnie here's my advice on your situation with my "9-5 work hat" on. You need to call the Office of Workplace Services (OWS) in Vic and get them to investigate this for you (or have a look at ows.gov.au). I work in industrial relations for the Government and what they have done sounds like it might have strong tones of unfair dissmisal that you will be able to establish in an investigation. Ask for a termination letter from them. Get it in writing and see if they squirm. They might refuse to do that, and if they do, that sways things strongly in your favour in a claim against them. Another organisation you can contact is job-watch, they investigate similar cases as OWS. But boy! The cheek of some employers! I'm sorry all of this happened :cry

Susannah, I know! 4 kilos, I almost fell off the scales in shock! What am I on biggest loser or something haha :heh:

I spoke to my Mum today and the surgeon called her today and brought her lap band surgery date forward to the 10th April. She is chuffed cos she knows now she will have a good stab at losing about 10-15 kilos before my wedding.

Hey Meredith, Will your mum have the same surgeon as you did? How is your dad going with it all? How much has he lost? Susannah

I am three and 1/2 weeks banded....and I feel like I need some help staying the course.

I can pretty much eat anything I want now. I regularly feel hungry. And I have had chocolate a few days running!

I feel like I have fallen off the track. I don't want to sabotage the work of the band....Is this normal?

I am having a fill next week...hoping that helps....but I live in fear of sabotaging myself.

Any ideas?

:help:

Hello... Im 2 weeks banded tomorrow ( still on liquid phase) and up until yesterday i was only able to tolerate small amounts of Fluid but as i found out when i had a juice from the juice bar yesterday... i could drink it all.

My guess is all the swelling has gone down inside and out and there is now no restriction.

My advise to myself and you.... think of why we were banded and the results we will achieve. Im starting on the 'mushies' tomorrow .

Goodluck Rightsize and put that chocolate away and go for a walk!!! Easy for me to say... you may well be giving me advise on this subject when im at your stage.