Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why my 3mo stall is an NSV and other misc. ramblings from the half glass full girl!

So, I seem to be on a mini stall right at my three month post op mark which seems to be a trend around these parts. I have been losing and gaining the same pound for the last ten days, and my loss for the last 30 days is "only" about 8 pounds. My clothes are getting a wee bit looser but nothing significant. This slow loss certainly isn't what I signed up for when I chose to have WLS because I just knew I was going to be one of those people who loses 20-30 pounds a month, blah blah blah. I've lost more than this on WWs the gazillion times I've done that program. GEEZ LOUISE!!!

That said, I am having HUGE mental NSV each and every day!!

I am still tracking my food every day even though my efforts aren't being rewarded on the scale.

I am still finishing up my 10k steps every day.

I am still excited to get on the scale every morning (yes, I am one of THOSE) and I love the number I see even when it goes up .2 or .4 from the day before.

And best of all? I can't quit!!! I am no longer able to use my stall as an excuse to eat everything in the fridge. My day is no longer being planned around stopping at my favorite restaurant for those yummy onion rings or most excellent fajitas. I no longer feel the need to plan out each meal in excruciating detail only to blow it all with an unplanned stop for ice cream. (And y'all know THAT deal, once you've blown it for the day, you might as well "start over" tomorrow. Or Monday.)

This restriction thing is the BOMB DIGGITY!! I know it won't last forever but I do know it's teaching me to eat the right food first and it's getting me out of the habit of living to eat. I love my sleeve. I know I am still a "honey-mooner" and I don't care!! I am not living for the future, I am living for the now, and I am going to enjoy every single minute of this journey because I want to.

Another really cool revelation? (This was something my 15 year old pointed out to me yesterday. Love that girl!!!) We were at a consignment shop yesterday picking out some items to get me through the fall. I made a large stack of tops and with each selection, I would hold it up and ask my kids if I liked this one. (This one? This one?) Finally, my daughter looked at me, told me to PLEASE REALIZE that I am no longer severely limited in my choices because of my size and reminded me that I no longer had to settle on clothes just because they met two criteria - they fit and they weren't hideous. (And OH LORD, as I cleaned out my closet last week, I noted that I missed on that last bit of criteria many times.)

The choices I have now are UH-MAY-ZING!!!! Not only can I shop at almost any store, but I actually have to look at the items and figure out what size I am. I might be an XL, I might be a large and kick me in the junk and call me a cheese doodle, but I bought two tops in MEDIUM yesterday. WHUCK!?!?! Granted they were cardigans, but who the funk cares, they were beautiful and they were MEDIUM!!!

Oh my good gawd, ladies and gents. I am in heaven. I seriously am.

I seriously can't wait to wear some stylish outfits again! I have gone up and down with weight loss as we all have and didn't appreciate how good it was then! I hope this time I will lose it for good and buying too many clothes will be my problem hehe

Well done! Can't wait to be losing! Xo

Right there with you girl! I have been stuck for almost 2 months. I've eeked out about 3 lost in that time but usually the same up and down. Although, I've been on vacation twice in the 2 months for a week at at time so there were some splurges. Not on really bad things like bread, Pasta, and processed carbs ( it's my promise to my self to not go there till the end of the year) but on some wine and skinny girl margaritas so I can get the stall from that respect. However, the inches are still coming off. my 12 shorts are getting looser and have tried on 10's but won't buy them. Although short season here in Texas lasts till Oct. but that's only another month and I do get a cheap thrill out of jacking up my britches from time to time. :) I'm easily amused that way. My closet is getting emptier by the day and I love it! I look forward to when I get to my goal and fill it back up with cute and stylish clothes. Black will no longer be the mainstay of my color pallet. I will have a little black dress though!

I am making excellent choices most of the time and It is becoming a natural thing to do. That is the NSV for me. Ice cream? Not even tempted, the way I feel now feels WAY better than ice cream. Last week I'm on the plane on the way home, sitting there playing the the huge extra amount of seat belt material, who know it could be so entertaining? :P Later in the flight, I realize I am sitting with my legs crossed WITH the tray table down! How freaking cool is that? I didn't even know that was possible!

I honestly have ZERO regrets and yes, we are still on the honeymoon and I fully realize the hard work really kicks in when we get to goal and have to maintain for the rest of our lives. I'm sure I will moan and complain from time to time, but I am 100% sure it will be worth the work!

I'm SO happy for you and I know exactly how you feel! :)

With all of the positive, glowiness emanating from your post, you might need to borrow that rainbow unicorn Laura-Ven had posted to her profile a while back...but, seriously, excellent outlook and mindset, and a reminder for us all that you can keep your mind busy either making lists of things that are going well or that aren't going well...to me, the benefits of one over the other is clear!

Good for you, LipstickLady!! We are surgery sisters - May 16 - and pretty close in numbers too. I'm also not a fast loser, so I know what you mean. I wish I was one of those people who loses all their weight in six months, but it looks like I'll be a long haul kinda girl. That's ok, though. Reading some of the posts by the vets has convinced me that success takes many forms. You have a GREAT attitude, and that's what will get you to your goals!!

Keep up the good work, and thanks for pumping up my morale too!!!

I love love love your victories.

I, too, get so excited when I notice that I am sitting comfortably with my legs crossed. I giggle like a loon when I walk past the women's department and into the ladies'. I bounced up and down for a few minutes when I realized I could fit my handbag next to me on my movie theater seat AND my daughter's on the other side of me. It's thrilling to be comfortable in a booth at a restaurant, no longer having my boobs sitting on the table like a bib, just waiting for food to fall on top of them. And when a strange man gives me a double look and a grin, I want to make out with him! HA!!

With all of the positive, glowiness emanating from your post, you might need to borrow that rainbow unicorn Laura-Ven had posted to her profile a while back...but, seriously, excellent outlook and mindset, and a reminder for us all that you can keep your mind busy either making lists of things that are going well or that aren't going well...to me, the benefits of one over the other is clear!

Absolutely! Happiness is a choice I'm choosing all day long.

Good for you, LipstickLady!! We are surgery sisters - May 16 - and pretty close in numbers too. I'm also not a fast loser, so I know what you mean. I wish I was one of those people who loses all their weight in six months, but it looks like I'll be a long haul kinda girl. That's ok, though. Reading some of the posts by the vets has convinced me that success takes many forms. You have a GREAT attitude, and that's what will get you to your goals!!

Keep up the good work, and thanks for pumping up my morale too!!!

We will get there! I won't say that when doesn't matter, but if it takes a long time, we might as well enjoy it along the way.

Such a fabulous post! Congrats on all your success so far. You are absolutely on the track to long term success in so many ways.

Congrats on those mediums (I still remember the first time I could buy a shirt with no X's on the label!) and on maintaining an upbeat perspective. I never hit the double digits in loss after the fourth month out and it didn't stop me from reaching goal.

Oh, and we have similar stats, too! I'm shorter (5'1") and weighed 242 day of surgery. Pretty darn close.

~Cheri

I love love love your victories.

IIt's thrilling to be comfortable in a booth at a restaurant' date=' no longer having my boobs sitting on the table like a bib, just waiting for food to fall on top of them. [/quote']

LMAO!! SO true!! My poor girls have worn more lunches than I've eaten!!