Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gym vent

I have to vent about the gym.

I can.not.stand the:

super tan 50 year old ladies (I am 47 by the way)

who park their convertible BMW

in the corner of the park lot so they don't get scratched

wearing full make up when they show up at the gym

with matching

headbands

sneakers

and outfits

who come into class and complain about the instructors

and the routines

and how the old instructor was so much better

UGGGGHHHHHH! We are here to stinkin' workout, get or maintain health and

get stronger. Please, I can't stand it.

Thank you, now back to your regularly scheduled programs.

And I hope I didn't offend anybody.

I totally agree with you.

We get that in Yoga. 20 somethings who think they are more, IDK, something than people who don't fit into the cookie cutter image, basically:

-well-off or tryin got look like they are not trying to look like it, but are really, really trying

-less well off and tryin got look like they are better off not trying to look well off

-dressed in lulumon

- educated on current topics, which means whatever NBC, CNN, Bloomberg, or the next hippy to the left has told them is going on in the world.

- extremely into everyone doing their own thing, and being open to everyone making their own choices, but to be sure of it let's make it a law to do it this way, just in case...

On the other hand, there are amazing people who look just the same, and have alot to contribute, you just have to keep an open mind, open ear, and drink lots of Water (thought I'd throw that in since we were talking about exercise).

I totally agree...Yesterday I was doing Water aerobics and there were chicks who were all "dolled-up" and were looking for guys to meet...I'm like what happened to "happy hour" and why are spending some much money to be picked up...WEIRD!

I have to vent about the gym.

I can.not.stand the:

super tan 50 year old ladies (I am 47 by the way)

who park their convertible BMW

in the corner of the park lot so they don't get scratched

wearing full make up when they show up at the gym

with matching

headbands

sneakers

and outfits

who come into class and complain about the instructors

and the routines

and how the old instructor was so much better

UGGGGHHHHHH! We are here to stinkin' workout, get or maintain health and

get stronger. Please, I can't stand it.

Thank you, now back to your regularly scheduled programs.

And I hope I didn't offend anybody.

Thanks SueJersey! Though I support their right to look artificial and stupid if they choose.......I have my own right to be grossed out by the excessive tanning and makeup. Natural looks better to me....but maybe that's just me. I get that people may want to get a "base tan" or whatever you call it. But I think that so many people don't understand the concept of moderation in regards to their looks....tan, makeup, hair color, etc. My personal preference is certainly NOT for the fake blonde, overly tanned female creatures that walk this earth with little dogs in their purse. :wacko: And why they show up at the gym that way...........I have no clue. Though I haven't actually seen one bring their dog to the gym............but I'm sure it's coming. :P

Ummm... I park my convertible Porsche at the far end of the parking lot as not to get scratched!

**** that thing cost a mint!

But I do not wear make up, ever..

Nor do I go matchy matchy!

So don't judge all far off car parkers the same.

Besides its exercise...

I can't stand the flipping perfume.

Who the hell does that? Or, just all of them wear the same stinky fragrance so they don't have a hundred different b.s. smells.

I can't stand the flipping perfume.

Who the hell does that? Or, just all of them wear the same stinky fragrance so they don't have a hundred different b.s. smells.

Yep......that's a lack of consideration for others.....makes it hard for me to breathe.

Ummm... I park my convertable Porsche at the far end of the parking lot as not to get scratched!

**** that thing cost a mint!

But I do not wear make up, ever..

Nor do I go matchy matchy!

So don't judge all far off car parkers the same.

Besides its exercise...

Laura......word on the street is that you show up to the gym in 80's style, color coordinated designer clothes with matching bling bling, makeup and hair spray. :)

Laura......word on the street is that you show up to the gym in 80's style' date=' color coordinated designer clothes with matching bling bling, makeup and hair spray. :)[/quote']

I'm starting to think that yes I might look that way to you! :D

This is why I had to leave my last gym. I was there to actually you know, work out. All the "social hour" types would talk so loud during the classes you couldn't hear the instructor. It drove me crazy.

Then, they would all stay for hours...not working out...SITTING on the equipment talking and sipping Water. I mean really?!?!

Oh the looks they'd give when you asked them to move; and they'd stand there watching you until you were done so they could sit back down. I still remember thinking, why hang out at the gym??? Oh and BTW, it was an all women's gym and these were the married ladies, so who the HECK were they trying to impress dressing alike and wearing full makeup?!?

I am glad I am not the only one! What drives me the most nuts though is the complaining about the instructors and putting them down. I had one woman walk out all in a huff in the middle of the class making it very clear that she was not impressed with the class. Give me a break, then YOU become the instructor if you are such an expert.

Laura - are you serious or joking? Good for you on the Porsche if you are serious. My mini-van is so beat up you won't even be able to tell someone scratched it if they did LOL! I was really just commenting on the "whole package" There are literally 3 different women that do all of the above and then so many others that are a bit of each.

I just go to the gym, sweat like a pig, work hard and get out.

Sounds like my mom, lol. Except shes also really nice, and drives a range rover.

Shes the tan (naturally) lady walking way to fast on the treadmill and just generally looking like shes trying to hard.

Lol.. yes I'm serious about the Porsche! I'm 47 and just lost a bunch of weight! :P

Some get a boob job and a tummy tuck..

Some get a car!

But I'm not into make up Botox and gallons of perfume.. So I don't think I fit the bill of annoying gym person, I hope???

I do b***h but its because I'm lazy and just about die if I'm working out!

I liken myself to a fat calf getting ready for the slaughter to become veal (no muscle tone) :D

Lol.. yes I'm serious about the Porsche! I'm 47 and just lost a bunch of weight! :P

Some get a boob job and a tummy tuck..

Some get a car!

But I'm not into make up Botox and gallons of perfume.. So I don't think I fit the bill of annoying gym person, I hope???

I would go for the Porsche as well instead of that other stuff......good choice! ;)