Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have anyone of filled yourself.

Charlene, look at the following chart. Only when VG band is filled at least 5cc of saline, the stoma size is same as the other Inamed bands without any fill. Even you fill 10cc,its nominal size, stoma is wider than the other bands that are full, thats why they fill upto 13cc, if required.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. "They" could be right.

You guys are really mean and prejudiced.. The same question was asked in other thread,more politically, noone was too negative.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/self-fills-t24088.html?t=24088&highlight=port+infection

I think comments like "stop the insanity" might be considered pretty negative. But we really don't intend to sound "mean" or "prejudiced". You asked a question and we gave you honest feedback. Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Why don't you pose your question to our resident expert, Dr. C? He can give you the benefit of a professional opinion. If you want one, that is. If you are looking for cheerleaders, you probably won't find them here. Sorry 'bout that.

Your comparison with 4cc band and vanguard band was pretty wrong, and you accused me I was wrong. Yes my English is not good but I can read a written article and understand it.

I have a VG band and I just ate 6 oranges in 15 minutes. Is it possible with 4cc band. Get your facts. Noone is stupid here. None of you blamed the doctor. Do you think he is doing a good job.

My port is just sticking out. Noway I could miss it. I will fill it again, after 2 weeks, till I get some restriction.

Have a nice day

Your comparison with 4cc band and vanguard band was pretty wrong, and you accused me I was wrong.

I didn't give you an opinion, I gave you my personal experience, and that of my husband. And you were wrong when you stated that with the 4 cc band you only need 3 fills to achieve good restriction. That simply does not apply to everyone. Three fills, if you have the smaller band, would normally equal about 1.5 cc of saline.

Good luck with your self-treatment plan. I truly do hope that it works out for you.

terriable and bad decision idea

First of all sorry if you were offended but i don't believe anyone is trying to be predjudice or mean, you asked we answered, my OPINION is that you should not do your own fills, first its dangerous, and you might think everything is going fine now but what if something happens in the long run becasue of this. So this again is an opinion, if you didn't want to hear the truth you shouldn't have posted this thread. What you want us to lie and say oh yea go ahead do your fills yourself.....um...NO sorry

Charlene I just meant with 4cc band you get a good restriction faster, and lose weight faster, on the average 3 fills. Can you understand the graph I sent.

But I am sure You would not lose half of what You lost till now,if you had a VG band, I wish you had it, you would understand. Follow the treads by fellow VG banders, how hard they are loosing weight.

Charlene I just meant with 4cc band you get a good restriction faster, and lose weight faster, on the average 3 fills. Can you understand the graph I sent.

But I am sure You would not lose half of what You lost till now,if you had a VG band, I wish you had it, you would understand. Follow the treads by fellow VG banders, how hard they are loosing weight.

My husband was banded after me. He has lost 78 pounds, with the VG band.

You must be his inspiration, what can I say. I was talking about an average Joe.

I am not an avarage Joe either. I lost 30 pounds in two months, and 50 more pounds to go (BMI 25 is the target). If I had a 4cc band, I would not even consider filling it. I just ate 6 oranges and two apples , all of them went down without discomfort even if I have 5cc in my band. Go figure. Maybe my body is different.

You must be his inspiration, what can I say. I was talking about an average Joe.

I am not an avarage Joe either. I lost 30 pounds in two months, and 50 more pounds to go (BMI 25 is the target). If I had a 4cc band, I would not even consider filling it. I just ate 6 oranges and two apples , all of them went down without discomfort even if I have 5cc in my band. Go figure. Maybe my body is different.

First of all, 6 oranges and 2 apples is not making good food choices. You should eat your Protein first, then have one piece of fruit, if you still have room.

It took my husband about 8 cc to achieve good restriction. You need to be a bit more patient. And more diligent about eating Protein first.

I am sorry, But the bands are differnt on everone. I have a 4cc band and I just had my 2 fill and I still have no restriction. Ya it would be great to do are on fills it would save time and money in my case. but its not a good idea.

You should be very careful.

GOOD LUCK

Its late nite in Bucharest, and I prefer to eat fruits in the evening.

I hit a platou for a month around 105kg, and now I feel like starting losing weight again. I never ate so much fruit after banding , and I was curious if I could.Now I know I can eat as much as I want, then what is this band for. Nothing stays in the pouch. Hope you understand my frustration.

I have a large Vanguard band, 11cm, and can hold up to 13cc. I live now abroad. I have 2cc already, but I still can eat 2 whopper burgers without any problem at a time. I am constanly on regime, and still can not lose weight. I feel like my stema is wide open.

I dont like anything sweet, or bread, biscuits so I am on a healthy diet.

2 whoppers = not a healthy diet...

I did this because I dont like the doctors fill policy. He is too conservative, and too arrogant. You can not see a smile on his face. I have no other doctor to go at 500 miles radius.
Here's a novel idea: Find another doctor! You should have considered this before you got banded. You'll be lucky if ANY doctor will treat you or if insurance will cover it, if they do. Medical school exists for a reason. If it wasn't needed, everyone would be their own doctor.