Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clear liquid diet

I'm supposed to go on a 7 day clear liquid diet pre surgery. What is included in that? I've heard broth, Water, and Jello. I don't drink broth, so I wouldn't know if I would like that. I work in a restaurant and am wondering how easy it is to do a pre diet like this and wait tables. If anyone has recommendations as to what to have in those 7 days and not get grumpy at customers, I would love feedback!

I think that grumpy tends to go along with a clear liquid diet, no matter what. Most of the time it includes broth or bouillon, sugar free Jello, Decaf tea, Gatorade, and sometimes juices. Your doc should give you a list. You might want to try a few broths ahead of time to find one you like. Better Than Bullion makes pretty good concentrates that you mix with hot Water. One of the flavors they have is lobster & I liked that as a change from chicken or beef. Good luck!

You didn't get any instructions from your surgeon's office?

You are going to need Protein shakes. I used powdered shakes from both Bariatric Advantage and powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury (both online). I mixed the shakes with skim milk but make sure your surgeon approves. Unjury makes a powdered Protein powder that can be mixed with sugar-free Jello ( good for post-op if you can't use pre-op). They also have a protein- filled chicken Soup mix.

As far as broths, you will find that you will need the salt (it will give you energy). I used to go to restaurants (Panera bread is good for this) and ask for chicken noodle or french onion Soup /- but just the broth. Every restaurant worked very hard to help me out.

Good luck on your journey. It's going to be amazing!

You didn't get any instructions from your surgeon's office?

You are going to need Protein shakes. I used powdered shakes from both Bariatric Advantage and unjury (both online). I mixed the shakes with skim milk but make sure your surgeon approves. Unjury makes a powdered Protein Powder that can be mixed with sugar-free Jello ( good for post-op if you can't use pre-op). They also have a protein- filled chicken Soup mix.

As far as broths' date=' you will find that you will need the salt (it will give you energy). I used to go to restaurants (Panera bread is good for this) and ask for chicken noodle or french onion soup /- but just the broth. Every restaurant worked very hard to help me out.

Good luck on your journey. It's going to be amazing![/quote']

My surgery is set for the 19th. I'm going to see the Dr on the 28th. I'm nervous about a clear liquid diet. I'm always hungry and I feel that those 7 days are going to be hell on earth! I'm hoping for good suggestions, since I'm a fast food eater. I didn't even think to go to places and get broth. I kept thinking about canned foods and his gross they can be.

I think that grumpy tends to go along with a clear liquid diet' date=' no matter what. Most of the time it includes broth or bouillon, sugar free Jello, Decaf tea, Gatorade, and sometimes juices. Your doc should give you a list. You might want to try a few broths ahead of time to find one you like. Better Than Bullion makes pretty good concentrates that you mix with hot Water. One of the flavors they have is lobster & I liked that as a change from chicken or beef. Good luck![/quote']

I'm going to have to look for that. Thank you!

I was worried about being a raging b__h during the preop liquid diet but drinking 5 Protein shakes, and a couple of servings of broth got me through it.

One more thing that will help you will be to get off sugar and caffeine now. food withdrawal is hard enough without having to go through sugar and caffeine withdrawal at the same time.

If you are in or around Chicago, there is a local company that makes the most wonderful pre and post op shakes and broths. The items are fresh so can't be shipped, but I am happy to share the information if anyone is interested.

I was worried about being a raging b__h during the preop liquid diet but drinking 5 Protein shakes' date=' and a couple of servings of broth got me through it.

One more thing that will help you will be to get off sugar and caffeine now. food withdrawal is hard enough without having to go through sugar and caffeine withdrawal at the same time.

If you are in or around Chicago, there is a local company that makes the most wonderful pre and post op shakes and broths. The items are fresh so can't be shipped, but I am happy to share the information if anyone is interested.[/quote']

Where is this company located in Chicago

I was worried about being a raging b__h during the preop liquid diet but drinking 5 Protein shakes' date=' and a couple of servings of broth got me through it.

If you are in or around Chicago, there is a local company that makes the most wonderful pre and post op shakes and broths. The items are fresh so can't be shipped, but I am happy to share the information if anyone is interested.[/quote']

Im around Chicago :) sept 3 is my surg post up start aug 20. Hard finding shakes that dnt hve an after taste.

I'd love to know about that company I'm gonna need it real soon :-)