Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Peanut butter?

if you are at least 1 month out heck yeah, I ate it almost everyday for the first 6 months

Peanut Butter is OK, but not really the best choice because peanuts are not really a nut. It is a legume and grows below ground. Nuts like walnuts, almonds, etc grow above ground. They have more Protein and have fats that are better for you. A better choice would be a nut butter like almond butter or cashew butter. You can usually find these in the natural section at a grocery store or you can make your own. Safeway has an area where you can grind the almonds or cashews and make a tub of nut butter to take home with you. Yummy on apples and bananas. Hope this helps.

Peanut Butter has been my new obsession I buy the Jif snack packs and have one every 3 hours

I recommend Justins nut butters. They sell them at Trader Joes, and Target has some of them also. My favorite is the maple almond nut butter. OMG! 1Tablespoon with a banana is like HEAVEN! They have little single packets to try out the butters so you're not stuck with a whole jar if you don't like it, but I haven't had one of their butters that was not delicious yet.

I eat a spoonful almost everyday. Keeps me satisfied. Good Protein. Feels like I'm having a treat. Go for it. Linda

I also eat it almost everyday. Have always loved it. Can't live without it!!! :wub:

My NUT said that Peanut Butter is great, better if its the natural stuff but doesn't really allow it directly after surgery because its sticky. She did say they sell it in powder form which I need to find :)

I recommend Justins nut butters. They sell them at Trader Joes' date=' and Target has some of them also. My favorite is the maple almond nut butter. OMG! 1Tablespoon with a banana is like HEAVEN! They have little single packets to try out the butters so you're not stuck with a whole jar if you don't like it, but I haven't had one of their butters that was not delicious yet.[/quote']

I tried Justin's almond butter once and did not like it that much. It didn't really taste fresh. Once I switched to grinding my own nut butter, there was no turning back. :) also when you grind your own, there is no added sugar, no added salt, no added anything. It is pure 100% nut in buttered form.

My NUT said that Peanut Butter is great' date=' better if its the natural stuff but doesn't really allow it directly after surgery because its sticky. She did say they sell it in powder form which I need to find :)[/quote']

I think you are referring to PB2. You can find it online at Amazon, but I also found a similar product (different brand) at Vitamin shoppe. Trader Joes might have something like PB2. These products are both lower in calories and fat when compared with regular Peanut Butter, as in 1/3 the calories and fat. Still tastes great! My surgical center sells PB2, but I think you can probably also find it at mybariatricpantry.com or bariatric sites like that.

Fiddle, I couldn't agree more that nothing beats fresh ground! It is super easy to do, I have a VitaMix and should use it more often. THey have an almond butter and a maple almond I agree the plain almond is nothing special, but the maple almond something just hits me when I eat it...yum! Also soaking cashews over night, then puree them, they are a good substitute for cream cheese in recipes.

AmBer09- your NUT is probably talkigna bout PB2, I get mine off of Amazon, they have it in regular and chocolate. Both are yummy!

Amy920 great call on the cashews they are awesome!!!! Trader joe's used to sell a PB2 like product which was simply labeled "defatted peanut flour" but u can't buy it in many stores any more because of allergic sensitivities. I have heard within the last year that some stores on the east coast sell it.

I know I'll be looking into it because I am a pb lover!!

I know I'll be looking into it because I am a pb lover!!

Amber the powder is called PB2 they have 2 flavors I put it in my shakes its so good

Thanks!! I found it on Amazon and plan on ordering both flavors