Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help i have stopped losing weight

Next week will be 3 months since my vst. The first month I lost 25 pounds. The second month I lost 10. This month I have gained 2. What is going on? Is it over for me? Have I seriously screwed up? I eat no fat cottage cheese with a piece of fresh fruit every morning to get in 30 grams of Protein. O follow up with tuna or salmon or some times a burger of I am away from home. If I want sweets I eat a no sugar added fudge bar The only thing I ca think of is I may be eating too many nuts. Help please I am so discouraged. I started at 225 and am only down to 190. I didn't think the weight loss was supposed to slow down until after 6 months. And I am still drinking my Water and crystal lite lemonade.

I have also slowed down. I think it is just out bodies catching up. I was frustrated at first, but I have convinced myself it is better to be slower in weight loss so my skin has a chance to retract and not be so saggy!

Don't give up!

I have not had the surgery yet but from what I understand from reading on this board is people go through periods of stalls then it starts back up again. I have seen some people have stalls at 3 weeks. But I also did read that someone said they were eating too many nuts and once they cut that out they started losing again....:)

I'm in the same boat :-( its 6 weeks out lost 27lbs but have gained 2 urrrggggg! Its frustrating! I measure my waist,thigh,breast, belly and nothing has changed. I eat 60-90g of Protein and try to stay below 30g of Carbs drink my Water 64oz but nothing happens!!! I've heard if the 3 week stall but not to be stalled for 3 weeks. I know its a process but still gets frustrating not to see results. Can ya'll tell me what your eating if you are 6 weeks postop ? I'm eating soft foods like fish tuna and soft water crackers Protein Shakes

At 6 weeks I was eating anything I wanted. However, I have stayed away from the bad carbs. You will continue to lose weight it's just a stall. It might seem easy to say this but I know it messes with your head. Just hang in there and try increasing your exercise that is what my doctor told me to do when this hit. For the last 4 days I have stayed the same and I guess I need to listen to my own advice! Good luck to you and hold the faith!! :)

It's a stall. You will be fine. Just be patient. I know easier said then done, but stressing over it won't help either. :)

I was in a stall and increase my calories by 200 a day and since lost 5 pounds in a weekend! I know it doesn't make sense but it works.

I was in a stall and increase my calories by 200 a day and since lost 5 pounds in a weekend! I know it doesn't make sense but it works.

You increased 200 calories from what amount?

I started off eating 370 then 480 then 600 and now 742-800 on days I walk 2 miles

My surgeon told me I should be eating 1000cal which I can't do :-(

I am 13 weeks out and have never stalled. I have been consistently losing about 4 pounds a week. Down 67 pounds in 13 weeks. I'm following gastric sleeve nutritional guidelines. I believe the most important thing for me is that I have been doing cardio workout 5 times a week on an elliptical, starting 2 weeks after being sleeved. 35 minutes of hard physical workouts and burning over 525 calories each session.

Exercise only accounts for so much. A majority of weight loss comes from quality and quantity of food.

I have MS so strenuous exercise is not a possibility for me. But I still lose at a decent rate. Also on average men tend to lose weight faster then women.

To the op, you are still new at this. Your body just went through major major surgery and then you lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. Your body is probably taking a little bit of time to readjust. Also are you tracking your measurements? When you don't lose lbs you might be losing inches.

Do you have a preop pic? Take a pic today and compare the two. I'm sure you will see some difference. Are you eating a lot of salty foods? Maybe sodium is too high and you are retaining some Water.< /p>

Gals have hormone fluctuations that can cause gains on the scale, too. I can expect +4 every cycle.

We all lose at a different pace. The idea that loss slows after six month is due to the idea that many have lost about half their weight to goal by then, but it's not something you can count on. I had one big loss month (the first) and from that point onward got slower and slower each month. By the third month I was losing less than 10 pounds a month and I only lost 4 in my fifth month. From that point onward, I did a song and dance for anything more than 1 pound a week because it was hard to log even 1 after that point.

There's no need to panic. All you really need to do is what you've already been doing. Give your body time to adjust. Be sure to track your intake. It's not something I enjoy doing but it's important to know what you're eating and where you could make improvements.

~Cheri

Its normal to slow down after the second month. My doc said the first two mths you loose fast and what ever amount u loose the first two mths you will loose the next 4 mths. Then u start slowing down. That's why you should do as told the first 6 mths. Its hard. But we can do it.

I was so frustrated at first with counting and portions. My nut said stop that don't count. Just eat protien. And drink one shake a day. And it helped a lot. I loose 1-3 lbs a week. I'm 3 mths and I'm down 60lbs.

So don't worry we r all diffrent. You have not stoped loosing.

I'm 9 weeks out, have lost 32 lbs since surgery. No weight lost during the 4th, 5th and 6th week. But week 7 i lost 3.2 lbs and then 4.4 lbs last week. I was in the same boat, upset about the weeks with no loss, but just kept going. You just have to be patient if you're doing the right things.

It's easier typed than done, but you can do it!!

How do you get 30 GM of Protein with the cottage cheese and fruit? Do you add Protein Powder or is there a particular brand? I eat the breakstone farms, but it's only 12gn for 1/2 cup.