Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Little things you never would of done.

Today at 6:15 am fresh out of bed and looking that way! I pulled up to the ER parked and walked into my husband work like a normal spouse delivering something to their husband

:)

He took me around to meet people and show me his office.

NSV? I would say normal life, and it felt good to be "normal" doing the little things you never would of done.

Damn you, Laura-ven. Now something is either wrong with my computer or my eyes because everything is blurry all of a sudden after reading that. :D

This morning my husband forgot his bag at home that contains all of his things for work..

So he called and asked me "How much do you love me?"

He's an ER PA so he said just pull up to the ER bay and call' date=' I can run out and meet you.

You see he's worked there for going on six years and I've never stepped foot in there because of embarrassment about my weight..

He's never been embarrassed about me but I have. some the nurses and techs tease him about not really having a wife because they have never seen me (no holiday parties for me).

Today at 6:15 am, fresh out of bed and looking that way! I pulled up to the ER, parked and walked into my husbands work like a normal spouse delivering something to their husband

He took me around to meet people and to show me his office.

NSV? I would say normal life, and it felt good to be "normal" doing the little things you never would of done.

[/quote']

Oh my word, Laura! Now you have me tearing up! Girl, you just broke down another hurdle/wall in your "normal" NOW " life! Aren't we silly? We robbed ourselves of so much simply because of fear and really, pride! I think of the countless times u would walk by and happen to glance in the mirror in a store and RUN before anyone else caught a glimpse. The times I refused invitations to certain social events because I was embarrassed to be the largest one in the room! ( nobody else thought a thing about it!).

Thank you , Sleeve, for helping us free ourselves! Congrats again!!!

That is truly an NSV!! I bet your husband was so proud to walk you around not just because you lost weight because they haven't seen you. But because he loves you and wanted to share with everyone one of the most precious things to him! You probably made his week with this one!! Congratulations to this great step in your journey! :)

This morning my husband forgot his bag at home that contains all of his things for work..

So he called and asked me "How much do you love me?"

He's an ER PA so he said just pull up to the ER bay and call, I can run out and meet you.

You see he's worked there for going on six years and I've never stepped foot in there because of embarrassment about my weight..

He's never been embarrassed about me but I have. some the nurses and techs tease him about not really having a wife because they have never seen me (no holiday parties for me).

Today at 6:15 am, fresh out of bed and looking that way! I pulled up to the ER, parked and walked into my husbands work like a normal spouse delivering something to their husband

He took me around to meet people and to show me his office.

Awesome & very inspiring! You should be so proud!!!!

Congrats to you and hubby Laura-Ven. I know he was proud to show you off!

Lynda

Congrats to you and hubby Laura-Ven. I know he was proud to show you off!

Lynda

Lol Lynda, I know he was happy to get his ID so he could get into the doctors lounge, they feed them pretty good in there :P

But really it is nice to do normal things without the "weight of the world" on me anymore....

Wow, I think this is one of the best "NSVs" I've ever heard!

That is an amazing NSV. Thank goodness for the surgery which helped you get to this point! I think you look beautiful so it is so hard for me to imagine you being ashamed of how you looked.

That's awesome. I just visited my wife's office for the first time recently. She still had fat pics of me in her office...no skinny pics. WTF?

I know! My husband does this to me - he even posts old fat pics of me on Facebook as he stumbles upon them. Then when people meet me for the first time they're completely bug eyed thinking, "WTH?!" I mean, look, I love all ten years we've spent together, but can't you concentrate more of the photographic evidence of that love on the pictures where I look this good?

~Cheri

Laura, you rock, by the way. And thanks for sharing your truly awesome NSV. My husband was never the limiting factor in my social life and my willingness to venture out. It was all me. I'm thankful now that I'm confident enough to leave the house and be social and be seen. Four years ago I was a hermit.

~Cheri

That's awesome. I just visited my wife's office for the first time recently. She still had fat pics of me in her office...no skinny pics. WTF?

You too? Wow how we hid ourselves is truly amazing (and hard seeing how big we were:p)

Sad really...

I'm glad you went' date=' now make her take the pictures down!

I know! My husband does this to me - he even posts old fat pics of me on Facebook as he stumbles upon them. Then when people meet me for the first time they're completely bug eyed thinking, "WTH?!" I mean, look, I love all ten years we've spent together, but can't you concentrate more of the photographic evidence of that love on the pictures where I look this good?

~Cheri

Oh my! That's why I ran from all pictures! My husband would of had no problem whipping them out to show people.

Of course the down side is family photos from the last 6 years without me...

I hated family pictures. So much so that I wouldn't do them for years and years. Finally about a year bf I had surgery I had lost about 30 pounds and I agreed to family pictures. I hated every single minute of it. I found the picture recently. It's funny because the pants I was wearing in the pic were the pair of fat pants that I kept. I put them on and showed my family while I was holding the old family picture. I actually had tears in my eyes. We were all shocked at the difference and the pants fall off if I don't hold them up.

I have love/hate feelings for that picture now. I love looking at it and seeing the changes. I hate looking at it and remembering all of the years I wasted being fat and thinking about everything I missed out on.

Needless to say even though I still don't like getting my picture taken, I don't run from the camera. We finally have pictures of the family all together doing different things, lots of them in the last year.

For Father's Day this year I put together a collage of different pictures and gave it to my husband. I made him take down the one fat picture of me he had in his office and replace it with the skinny pictures of me!

The family photographic black hole is noticeable, packets of pictures, in albums, scrapbooks, the old envelopes (remember how exciting it was to go pick up your photos before digital?!) and then ... nothing. It's like I was in a coma for 10 years. And although I've had a Facebook account for about 6 years now, there are maybe 4 photos of me in my FB albums prior to 2 years ago, and I was hypervigilant about not being tagged and removing any photos of me that others put up. Sad.

This thread is called little things you never would have done, and one of those things for me is wear high heels if I had to do anything other than sit. Before my obesity I lived in high heels, I'm only 5'3" and every shoe I had was a heel of some kind and I wore them all day and went up flights of stairs at a run. By my highest weight however, just getting out of bed made my feet swell up and they were so fat that squeezing them into any kind of shoe and then standing for more than 5 minutes meant agony, nevermind trying to wear heels. So, one of the sweetest little victories last year (when I was in a Stateside office) was getting all girlified for work and wearing pretty high heels, wearing dresses with hemlines around my kneecap, I even enjoyed wearing pantyhose because they were a snug second skin like they are supposed to be, not torturous sausage casings.