Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

favorite NSV's/most anticipated NSV's

I'm posting this in the 200 pounds forum because I know that for us, our NSV's can be very different from the run of the mill NSV's the lightweights have... so here are some NSV's from a (former)super-morbidly obese woman....

Being able to shop in ANY plus size section of any department store or chain with plus sizes (some of which carry up to 22 or 24 only) and not just the store with "extended plus sizes". *cough* Catherine's. BOOYEAH! It's awesome. But now my problem is TOO MUCH selection... I'm looking for a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding but I have too many options and can't decide!

Not having EVERY SINGLE SHIRT I own have a hole/stain at the belly from where I rub up against everything. Still waiting for this one... RUINED another shirt at work yesterday :-(

Being able to grab my own ankle without assistance in order to do quad stretches. It's embarrassing to have to have a stranger in your class push your leg up far enough for you to grab your ankle!.... I'm almost there but not quite.. I think my entire aerobics class is going to Celebrate with me when I can stretch my own quads.

Having the nasty yeasty fat lady feet problem go away. I had some sort of fungal/yeast infection thing going on on my feet for YEARS.. (ya know, that yellow chalky peeling cracking ugly old people/fatpeople feet) My right foot now looks like it belongs to a newborn baby and my left foot is ALMOST completely clear and I can wear SANDALS for the first time in a decade!

Bending over to pick something off the floor without thinking about it/without dreading it. A larger lady at the store dropped a quarter the other day and I KNEW she was thinking: "is that quarter worth bending over to pick up?" UG, I remember that feeling well... I didn't even really realize what a NSV this is until being reminded what a struggle it was for me before, because now I just bend and get stuff all the time now without even thinking about it.

OK so there you have it.. some of my favorite NSV's So let's hear it What NSV's made you the happiest.. or if you're just starting, what NSV's are you looking forward to?

As far as shopping goes, just wait till you get into regular woman's clothing. Talk about a selection. I can't remember ever being in regular size clothing before. I go into a dept store and just wonder around looking at all my choices. It is so awesome. It won't be long and you will be here also. By the way you are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Um heres an embarasing one for me, the other night I went to the emergi clinic for my son and I always dread those stupid permanent cupped seats they have. i would usually need lube to squeeze myself in, Well I just sat down, wow I fit no hanging hips over the side nothing I sat like a normal person. AAAAHHHHHHh.

As far as shopping goes, just wait till you get into regular woman's clothing. Talk about a selection. I can't remember ever being in regular size clothing before. I go into a dept store and just wonder around looking at all my choices. It is so awesome. It won't be long and you will be here also. By the way you are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work.

LOL, this reminds me of the "coffee" scene from Moscow on the Hudson, where Robin Williams has a breakdown in the grocery store because he can't handle the huge selection of coffee available.

I realized this morning as I was putting on my walking shoes that I was not out of breath. There was no big belly when I bent over to tie my shoes.

Mine -

One day soon hitting Twoderland. Yeah I know that word makes no sense but hey...to be in the 200s will be awesome!

For my kids to wrap their arms all the way around me.

To not hang over the seat on the Metro. Although that means more people will sit in the empty seat beside me.

Went to a restaurant last night and didn't have to ask for a table, just sat right down in a booth - no problemo.

Went to granddaughter's 4th grade orientation "blow out" at school and didn't even think about scouting out a place I could sit and rest.

Went shopping and playing and then more shopping and didn't feel like I needed to lay down to recover.

I think the key word here is "went" . I have been able to do so much more of everything !

My favorite thing, above people saying I look better or seeing the numbers, is all the NSV you appreciate when you are so big that the little things become unbearably awkward.

Car seatbelts fitting (especially where the cars yell at you when it’s not buckled).

Flying without feeling mortified or getting a 2nd seat (haven’t done this yet, I was still nervous about my flight in November so I still got an extra seat – we’ll see how it goes).

Not feeling like a beached whale when trying to roll out of bed.

I won't get too TMI, but anyone who was at the point I was might understand when I talk about just general bathroom and bathing issues.

Not constantly fearing that I’ll break every chair you sit in. I mean, really, Seating could be an entire NSV for me all on its own. Chairs, cars, airplanes, toilets, the booth/table issue, etc.

Still looking forward to: Not shopping from online or Catherine’s. I’m just now getting to the point where Lane Bryant will fit me. Roller coaster rides. Taking up running.

I was getting to the point where my mobility was severely impaired. I felt like I was dying walking from my office to my car, and I would leave later or earlier than my coworkers just to avoid them seeing how bad it was (though they knew). The freedom that comes from being able to want to do something or somewhere and actually doing it is the greatest thing in the world. I say “yes” to so many more activities now because I don’t have to worry about not being able to walk the distances required or fit in the seats that are there.

what is NSV stand for? I know it's the stuff you can do now that your smaller.

I'm posting this in the 200 pounds forum because I know that for us, our NSV's can be very different from the run of the mill NSV's the lightweights have... so here are some NSV's from a (former)super-morbidly obese woman....

Not having EVERY SINGLE SHIRT I own have a hole/stain at the belly from where I rub up against everything. Still waiting for this one... RUINED another shirt at work yesterday :-(

Being able to grab my own ankle without assistance in order to do quad stretches. It's embarrassing to have to have a stranger in your class push your leg up far enough for you to grab your ankle!.... I'm almost there but not quite.. I think my entire aerobics class is going to Celebrate with me when I can stretch my own quads.

I am looking forward to some of these. My shirts ALWAYS have stains on them from either dropping food when I eat or leaning over a counter.

Having difficulty putting my socks on without pulling the leg of my pants up to lift my foot off the floor!

Looking forward to sitting in ANY booth and not scoping out which side I have to sit on because it has the most room.

I want to wear jeans again. I grew out of my 22/24 and the bigger size I bought never fit right. I've been wearing t-shirt material capri pants from Woman WIthin and sweats in the winter.

I also don't want to have to stretch my t-shirts before putting them on to make sure they don't hug too tight!

Hoping my surgery is by the end of this year. I will be self-pay but insurance should cover some of the preop testing and our new insurance doesn't kick in until November 1.

I'll be starting around 310 so I look forward to dropping pretty quickly in the beginning. I actually LOVE to exercise and it just got to where I couldn't anymore. Hoping the initial drop of 20 to 30 pounds will allow me to get out and move!

Congrats to all of you for you NSV's. They are as wonderful as the weight loss. I love being 30lbs less than my husband for the first time in 35 years!

Non scale victory. :-)

My biggest NVS will be never having to have that difficult talk with your manager because you have sweated or got an infection in your folds and someone complained about hygiene.

i started as a man standing 5'6" weighing 373lbs, wearing a 56 inch waist jeans and a 5-6x shirt. now, i'm still 5'6" (a nurse measured me at 5'6.5" and i laughed saying my spine must have decompressed) i wear a 30" waist jeans and a 1x shirt. my favorite nsv's so far?

1. i ran a 5 k with my teenage son and i didn't die. and at the end, he told me that HE was proud of ME. that's probably my best one

2. don't have to wait for a table, a booth is fine.

3. i can tie my shoes without holding my breath or passing out

4. buying clothes at the thrift store :) (because we all know that us overweight people wear stuff till it's falling apart and cant be donated) :)

5. doing things with my kids that i just didn't have the energy or desire to before

6. not having to ask my wife to cut my toenails for me

7. being able to wear the 1 piece of clothing that i kept all these years because i couldn't bear to throw it out when it didn't fit me anymore.

8. i get an extra 5 miles a gallon on my motorcycle :)

9. let's face it.......... skinny sex is better ;)

Today's NSV... I crashed my bike and didn't get injured/killed. When I was 360 I was petrified of crashing because with all the force from my weight, I could get really injured from just a minor crash.. Today, I had a minor crash and was more worried about the bike than me... and we're BOTH fine!