Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling jipped

Congratulations on your loss so far and best of luck investigating how to get your weight loss jumpstarted... I have had to do that, tryed a number of things and finally losing again... Im at 2 1/2 years and have not reached my goal yet...only 11 pounds away....

Thank you, definitely going to make some changes and see where this goes. The last time I changed, I discovered I was losing at 900 calories. Maybe adding a few more calories with more Protein (if that's even possible, it gets so hard to add more). My question is my go to for added Protein is Greek yogurt. What is your take on that? I don't do protein powders well and trying to psych myself out to try it in my homemade Greek yogurt smoothie. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using VST

How is the balance of your diet? Are you still low carbing like we tend to do in the beginning? I see zero issues with Greek yogurt - in fact, it's one of the better foods you can eat and is better than regular yogurt because all of the major brands are made with real food and no substitutes. So many yogurts are made with corn Syrup and artificial sweeteners and even have added Gelatin to thicken them back up. Yuck to that!

If you're willing to experiment I'd give it a solid three days of eating whatever you want, within reason. Don't worry so much about calories but do focus on quality foods. See where you're at calorie, protein, carb and fat-wise. So I'd track, but not beat myself up about my choices.

From there, adjust. No need to eat protein, protein, protein all day long if you're getting sufficient numbers. I know many will disagree because their surgeons taught them to give up shakes as soon as possible, but around 6-9 months I added a shake back in because it freed up my meals for a bigger variety of foods. I got a big protein boost from the shake and was not only better satisfied from my food selection, but also able to introduce new foods again. I felt less restricted and was eventually able to break past my stall.

Do what works for you. Don't get as hung up on the numbers. Follow your body and what works for you. Shake it up the "fun" way, in my opinion. Eat more for a while and see what happens. Don't go crazy, but don't be super restrictive, either. If nothing happens on the scale after a few days of that, you can either continue on, knowing your body will allow you more and see if that eventually breaks you through, or take that as the time to dial it back again and see if restricting back down does the trick.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's just time...our bodies just slowly, slowly shed weight and take a long time to adjust and nothing we do to trick it will work. But it can't hurt to try!

~Cheri

Keep us posted on what your doctor says...we're all thinking positive thoughts for you!

How is the balance of your diet? Are you still low carbing like we tend to do in the beginning? I see zero issues with Greek yogurt - in fact' date=' it's one of the better foods you can eat and is better than regular yogurt because all of the major brands are made with real food and no substitutes. So many yogurts are made with corn Syrup and artificial sweeteners and even have added Gelatin to thicken them back up. Yuck to that!

If you're willing to experiment I'd give it a solid three days of eating whatever you want, within reason. Don't worry so much about calories but do focus on quality foods. See where you're at calorie, Protein, carb and fat-wise. So I'd track, but not beat myself up about my choices.

From there, adjust. No need to eat Protein, protein, protein all day long if you're getting sufficient numbers. I know many will disagree because their surgeons taught them to give up shakes as soon as possible, but around 6-9 months I added a shake back in because it freed up my meals for a bigger variety of foods. I got a big protein boost from the shake and was not only better satisfied from my food selection, but also able to introduce new foods again. I felt less restricted and was eventually able to break past my stall.

Do what works for you. Don't get as hung up on the numbers. Follow your body and what works for you. Shake it up the "fun" way, in my opinion. Eat more for a while and see what happens. Don't go crazy, but don't be super restrictive, either. If nothing happens on the scale after a few days of that, you can either continue on, knowing your body will allow you more and see if that eventually breaks you through, or take that as the time to dial it back again and see if restricting back down does the trick.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's just time...our bodies just slowly, slowly shed weight and take a long time to adjust and nothing we do to trick it will work. But it can't hurt to try!

~Cheri[/quote']

Since my last post, I've been super aware of of cutting out carbs, well minimizing the best I can as they are everywhere. I'm not feeling sluggish or anything and my biggest accomplishment today was I added Proteins powder to my Greek yogurt wannabe smoothie! I played some music while cleaning and didn't think about! However, I didn't add a whole bunch of the powder, probably about a teaspoon, but that's major for me as I detect everything in my food. So hopefully adding the protein will make things easier for me. We'll see.

You have to be careful with Greek yogurt because of the carbs. If you're eating plain with sf syrups, thats good. The ones with 23 grams of carbs would br way too high. during my losing stages, I keep them as low as possible.

I would never lose on as many carbs as your dr. told you.

You have to be careful with Greek yogurt because of the carbs. If you're eating plain with sf syrups' date=' thats good. The ones with 23 grams of carbs would br way too high. during my losing stages, I keep them as low as possible.

I would never lose on as many carbs as your dr. told you.[/quote']

How many carbs did you do?

You have to be careful with Greek yogurt because of the carbs. If you're eating plain with sf syrups, thats good. The ones with 23 grams of carbs would br way too high. during my losing stages, I keep them as low as possible.

I would never lose on as many carbs as your dr. told you.

I agree about the greek yogurt. Some of them are loaded with sugar. Make sure you are eating one that is sugar free, or, like Oregon said, buy plain and sweeten it yourself (that's what I do).

I prefer Chobani Fat Free Plan or Fage 0. I sweeten with splenda and sometimes add a little fruit, such as blueberries or strawberries. In the winter, I also sometimes mix with canned, unsweeetened pumpkin, a little vanilla,and some pumpkin pie spice.

Lynda

How many carbs did you do?

I don't really worry about my carbs.... Because most days are high Protein and complex carbs from veg and fruit.< /p>

Not to say that I don't have a "treat" during the week, because trust me I do!

But meals are meat and veg. I like to keep it simple.

Yes Fage plain with stevia and frozen blueberries!

My favorite thing in the world Lynda :)

I probably kept my carbs at 20-40 during losing phases. Carbs from dairy and veggies.

You guys make this sound so easy. :). Since my original post I have been very picky about what I'm eating and really concentrating on staying away from the extra hidden carbs. I will admit I feel super full on a little Protein and forcing myself to eat because so much time has passed since my last meal. How do you do that? I'm not hungry but know I have to eat. What kinds of Snacks are you eating. I usually went to my yogurt or smoothies. So much to learn even after a year out!

Easy? hell no! Not here anyway :D

For Snacks, I still eat yogurt, but like I said plain Greek with stevia and a bit of frozen blueberries does the trick.

Snacks are also things like low sodium lunch meat. Or a bit of cheese. If I need crunch I do kims magic pops with hummus.

Easy? hell no! Not here anyway :D

For snacks' date=' I still eat yogurt, but like I said plain Greek with stevia and a bit of frozen blueberries does the trick.

Snacks are also things like low sodium lunch meat. Or a bit of cheese. If I need crunch I do kims magic pops with hummus.[/quote']

Kim's magic pops? What is that? I love hummus, I eat that with carrots.

Kim's magic pops? What is that? I love hummus' date=' I eat that with carrots.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

I have to buy them online because I can't find them in California... But apparently they sell them everywhere else!

Oh and I eat Greek yogurt hummus I forgot the brand but I will look when I get home..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007YURQVU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1375824681&sr=8-2π=AC_SX110_SY190