Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had a 20oz gatorade a week postop in 30 min or so....why can you only have 4oz an hour?

@ Laura - so then what, my body has gotten used to liquids and is not getting full, so moving on to thicker things (solids) will make me full? So what happens when I dont get full off of solids? The pain was the hardest part. Now the pain has subsided besides some dullness around the lower left part of my belly (below the incisions, is that where my stomach is?)

@Lipsticklady - Fair enough. I have been actively measuring out EVERYTHING and ANYTHING I put in my mouth pretty much. I honestly have to say Im proud of myself for being diligent on that. I have not felt any naseua or throwing up or feeling any kind of sickness at all. What do you mean your steps?

@ Laura - so then what' date=' my body has gotten used to liquids and is not getting full, so moving on to thicker things (solids) will make me full? So what happens when I dont get full off of solids? The pain was the hardest part. Now the pain has subsided besides some dullness around the lower left part of my belly (below the incisions, is that where my stomach is?[/quote']

Liquids don't fill most people up in the beginning!

Everyday we have people here saying "I think the doctor didn't take out enough of my stomach because I don't feel full" you had a little fullness in the first couple of days on liquids.. Lucky you but most do not.

YES you will feel full when you move on to solids and NO it will not go away.. :)

I make sure I walk at least 10,000 steps a day along with the other exercise I do. Walking a lap around the family room after each bite helps, plus it makes me burp. HA!

Think about this... Your stomach was just cut and stapled. It's really swollen at first and even a few teaspoons of anything will fill it up. Each day, the swelling goes down a bit allowing a little more substance in. Have you ever gotten a black eye where your eye was swollen shut? The first day or three, you couldn't see out of your bad eye, then slowly, each day, the swelling went down and you could see a bit more until it was fully healed. That's what is happening to you.

After surgery, I couldn't hold more than an ounce of Water every 15 minutes. By week two, I could get in 8 oz over an hour. By week 4, I could get in 8oz in 30 minutes. Now I can get in 16 oz in 30 minutes. My tummy is still healing. I still can't eat a full yogurt or an entire egg with a little cheese but I am eating more than I was a month ago. It's normal.

@ Laura - fine :) Ill believe you. Just in CASE I leaked, what are the symptoms that I can call my nurse? So far I see a high unexplained fever, basically. So far, none of that :)

Robo I just read your first post on this forum..

Yes binger, I thought so (I am too) I know that eating until pain you are looking for, I was (am the same way) I will tell you now you need to do therapy along with this surgery because binging is dangerous right now, but after you heal it will still be possible to some extent. Eat pain, pain goes away a bit eat again...

Please find a good support person.

@ Laura - fine :) Ill believe you. Just in CASE I leaked' date=' what are the symptoms that I can call my nurse? So far I see a high unexplained fever, basically. So far, none of that :)[/quote']

Fever, nausea, pain left shoulder..

I was sleeved Monday (22nd). I'm on full liquids as well. I don't have any problem getting my thinner, watery liquids in but do have some difficultly with the denser liquids, Protein shakes, yogurt, malto meal Cereal etc. I can only handle 1-2 oz of those at a time. More than that and I feel like I have a bubble in my chest. I never feel "full" I just seem to be in a constant state of not being hungry.

With that being said, 4 oz per hour is the minimum. My dr said 2 oz should be Water or Water substitute like crystal light and the other 2 oz full liquids. It's ok to have more liquids than that, just slow it down and you'll be fine.

They say 64 ounces of Fluid minimum and for me, that seems hard. So 4 ounces/hr tells me what I should be doing, If you're doing fine outside of that, good job, I don't think it matters if you drink faster.

Hey Laura! I havent hopped on in awhile. Things are going well. My diet has been perfect, no fevers, no leaks :). Thank you for checking up on me. Its really kind, and appreciated!