Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Donali's Secrets of Success

Guest BFountain

I am new to this web site and I am considering the lap band surgery. I am not understanding what I'm reading. Did some people get banded, lose weight, then have the band removed? If so, why? I'm trying to obtain as much information as possible in order to make a decision as to whether I want to go through with this or not. Thanks.

BFountain -

Click on the links in my post above and you can read about my erosion and my band removal. This is one of the risks of having any implanted device, but is reported at only 1-3% complication rate. Don't know how accurrate that figure is, but that's what is propogated.

I am so affraid of erosion or slippage.

This was the only 10,000$ I will ever have in my life.

I am glad I cannot weigh myself daily, it would drive me insane!

The only scale that will weigh me is in another town at my doctors office.

I weighed last monday at 374. I will not weigh for another week or so.

I wonder what it will be????

I read some of Donali's links and I am crying. I am so scared. I hate to sound like a whiny freak but I feel like one of those people bad things happen to.. ya know... lol

I was drinking tomatoe Soup at day 8 and taking one bite of like cheese and a salad to see what would happen..

NO MORE!

I swear, I wont touch a solid food until week 4!!!!

I am gonna go do some research on band slippage and erosion now.

How did you know that your band eroded? What were the signs? Why did you choose to not have a new one implanted? Thanks in advance for your response.

Donali ...your contribution to this site is invaluable. You're always giving excellent advise/tips and keep yourself busy encouraging others on this forum. Just wanted to let you know your appreciated also wanted to say that when you do struggle or need support we'll be here, I hope that you allow us to scratch your back in return.

Realting to your POV on these things comes easy for me and many others obviously. It's good to hear that you are staying on top of things (emotional eating ect ...) and have come to a place of honesty with yourself. Something this band has done for me is open my eyes to the lies I once told myself. It sure feels good to be free of that "ghosts" in my closet that once haunted me. Seeking help/therapy is a good thing and I'm still on my way ...not trying to say I've "arrived" cause I know I hav'nt.

Alexandra you too girl, I appreciate the "NO Nonsence" and "Level Headed" way of approaching things. You offer balance and this forum would'nt be the same with out you. Thanks for volunteering your time moderating for us kids here @LBT.com :)

The loss of our dear Blossom has caused me to be gratitude for the people that has influenced or encouraged me in some way or another. I just want to let yall know you make a difference. No, you do more than that ...You people Rock!

Psst ...Donali aka Super Woman, hows the new hubby doin? Hav'nt heard from you in a long time :D also did you ever finish your porch all the way?

You can PM me if you don't want to hijack this thread :)