Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before/After Pics - 2 months post-op

You guys are so sweet:) Thanks for the support!

Wow, what a difference! I am 242 and surgery next week. Would love to lose around 40 in a few months. Can you share what you have been eating and exercise?

The total lost includes my 1 week pre-op diet.

As far as food - I followed my post op diet plan which was Clear liquids for a week, full liquids for a week, puree/soft foods for 2 weeks and then I reintroduced foods as tolerated. Now I can eat just about anything (within reason). I don't track my food and I go by the "everything in moderation" philosophy. I see a therapist every week and she agrees with this. Dieting and the whole idea of certain foods being "bad" (therefore, I am bad if I eat them) is what got me to this point in the first place. So I am trying to have a healthy mindset. If my family is eating pizza, I will have a couple bites and I'm satisfied. Instead of eating none and obsessing about wanting pizza - then eating eveything in site because I really want the pizza! A typical day for me might be an egg and 1/2 piece of toast for Breakfast, a 2 ounces of chicken salad with a couple crackers for lunch and 2 ounces of fish with steamed veggies for dinner. If I need a snack, I eat a Protein bar or shake, a popcicle, or fruit.< /p>

I also haven't really incorporated exercise yet - other then some stretching. My arms and legs are not very toned and I have some loose skin in some areas. So I plan to start toning exercises this week and work up to cardio. The weight loss has slowed down so maybe this will jump start it again.

This has worked for me so far but everyone is different. I know many after surgery completely avoid most carbs. As I get further out, I may start tracking my food, limiting carbs or whatever works at that point.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches