Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

**WARNING*** DONT DRINK PLAIN Water ONLY. some of you know ive been having dizzy spells over the past few months. been to the ER where they told me nothing was wrong and sent me home. well a week later i was dizzy again, yesterday got really bad i had to leave work and go back to the dr. i guess it depends on who the dr is because this dr not only read my labs from the ER, but told me it popped up clearly my potassium levels are very low hummmmmmmmm the ER dr just sent me on my way, and the cold part is he didnt even send the results to my primary dr, member services will be contacted. so what i put together after my visit is 1. my bp meds is a water pill. 2. i drink more than a gallon of water daily, **note** i only drink water occasionally coffee or tea , but only plain water, so this morning god spoke to me, yes god for the believers. said drink some gatorade along with the potassium pills i was prescribed. so i am on my way to the store now to get some and add it to my water intake. be careful dont just drink plain water especially if you take bp meds.

I am a firm believer in the Lord speaking to us. Glad you heard the word!! Yes, gatorade is a staple in my frig and I partake of it at least once a day. Hydration is important and it has some important replacements. So if you are dizzy or disoriented and I am sure there are are symptoms then drink the gatorade!! Hope you are feeling better! :)

I was getting leg cramps or tingling especially in my left leg. Started reading an found that runners drink gator ade or power ade so they don't get leg cramps. It's lack of potassium. Before surgery I ate a banana every day. I have it...but dilute it.

Good to know. I'm still in the Clear Liquids only phase, but wondered how I'm supposed to get all the nutrients I should have in (especially since I can only do a few sips of anything at a time). Thank you for sharing that information.

Try poweraide zero's sports drink without sugar they are great

I'm a nurse and have treated people for hyponatremia (too much Water, not enuf sodium) in the past. But they drank like 3 gallons at a time. Can't imagine that happening with a gallon a day.

I hate Gatorade. Tastes like salty Koolaid to me. I bought some Powerade Lite for post op next week. Haven't tried it yet, but I know I've got to get the salt and potassium that plain Water doesn't provide.

Good luck to you. Glad you're feeling better!

It definitely sounds like a electrolyte imbalance or not enough sodium in your diet. I drink plain Water but I also make sure to even that out with salty foods like some babybel cheese or chicken noodle Soup. Usually I will get a headache if I drink a ton of water and don't eat something salty. Gatorade is good but pedialyte (sp?) is even better because it contains more sodium than gatorade. I don't have blood pressure issues so what works for me may not work for you :/ I still prefer plain water because it doesn't give me an after taste but I do ingest a good amount of sodium.

thank you everyone. i really dont like gatorade or Powerade so i searched for something i could like and low and behold i found this drink called bodyarmor it has 650 mg of potassium and other great things. i feel al ittle better

**WARNING*** DONT DRINK PLAIN Water ONLY. some of you know ive been having dizzy spells over the past few months. been to the ER where they told me nothing was wrong and sent me home. well a week later i was dizzy again' date=' yesterday got really bad i had to leave work and go back to the dr. i guess it depends on who the dr is because this dr not only read my labs from the ER, but told me it popped up clearly my potassium levels are very low hummmmmmmmm the ER dr just sent me on my way, and the cold part is he didnt even send the results to my primary dr, member services will be contacted. so what i put together after my visit is 1. my bp meds is a Water pill. 2. i drink more than a gallon of water daily, **note** i only drink water occasionally coffee or tea , but only plain water, so this morning god spoke to me, yes god for the believers. said drink some gatorade along with the potassium pills i was prescribed. so i am on my way to the store now to get some and add it to my water intake. be careful dont just drink plain water especially if you take bp meds.[/quote']

Same thing happened to me. Spent all day Tuesday in the ER. Very weak. Got potassium and now I feel so much better. While I am not in BP meds any longer, I think people should be aware if they are weak that this may be the culprit. Drink Powerade zero!

I have had this problem quite often since surgery. I am one of the "lucky" ones that cannot tolerate plain Water. And typically I hate fake sugar anything. I am also a photographer and spend long days walking in the sun with my clients. Since surgery I have had to carry a Gatorade G2 with me every where I go and drink all day long. Otherwise I become crazy sick and dizzy and my leg muscles cramp. I have never been a fan before but now I have no choice. :/

thanks guys, at least i dont get the cramps

The Water didn't give you the low potassium, the antihypertensives did. You shouldn't warn ppl against drinking water!!! Some may not know the process and misunderstand what your saying.

Same here. I ended up in the ER. I was given to potassium bags via IV and a Rx for 10 days.

My pcp told me the same, get some potassium in via bananas or take a supplements. Yep, another pill to take.

Smh

I just eat half a banana a day.

sun let me rephrase myself. no the Water did not do it i was saying becareful drinking just plain water,, you can lose nutrients through urine so drink like gatoroade or something. it happend when i increased mywater. ive been taking the pills for about a year and this just started happening so from now on i will have a gatorade here or there.

mimi yep when i was in er they gave me an iv bag and i felt better for a week and fell ill again. im good now