Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First at two and one half years, I am holding the weight down. It's an everyday struggle but it's worth it. My problem is consuming (approx. 60 to 75 ounces per day ) a lot of liquids containing aspartame such as Crystal Lite, Hawaiian Punch, and other non-carbonated drinks with aspartame. The problem now is headaches; I will talk to the doctor at my next visit in a few weeks. The headaches have slowly gone away now I am drinking more Water and less diet drinks.

My question has anyone gotten headaches from diet beverages.

There's a ton if info on the web about aspartame and headache.

Thanks

Lash44

I have a hard time drinking plain Water and generally add Crystal Light. I have a breast cancer survivor BFF who is always trying to get me to cut back out of fear for my health. I have not noticed a correlation between CL/Splenda and headaches, but that's just me. I do sub one or two plain iced green teas (homemade with some mint brewed in) for all the fake, and that goes down ok.

I should say too, 15 months out and prolly 60 oz of CL a day.

I can do aspartame in small amounts but anything more than the equivalent to 3 glasses of crystal light in a day and it gives me the worst headache ever. I still use aspartame in small quantities, but I'm careful. Sucralose or saccharine don't cause headaches for me just the aspartame.

I also cannot tolerate artificial sweeteners. I make my own Water flavors. I use either Monkfruit, stevia or nectresse. I find they don't bother me. I add a variety of flavors of extracts or flavors with a little bit of sweetener to my water. I have almond, raspberry, lavender, cinnamon, lime, orange, lemon, ginger and coconut. I mix them up. It makes my water much more enjoyable and I can sweeten to my taste.

I quit drinking diet products a few years ago because they are very harmful and I had bad headaches and brain fog. And now I have started them again, but have to be very careful. Aspertame is known for causing you to want more sweets and wait gain. I would rather dilute my low sugar baby juices than to put that stuff in my body again. I do use stevia.

Yup and that's the exact reason why I don't drink them. My headaches felt more like Migraines though and I also get them from coffee. I can have a cup of coffee on rare occasions but if I drink it too often I start to get headaches. I drink plain Water now and I don't eat foods that are labeled "low fat or sugar free" because they make me feel ill and crave more food.< /p>

I cant drink anything with aspartame so i found this recipe on internet --- Have Not tried yet but will ----Here are the ingredients in a homemade electrolyte drink: 4 cups of coconut Water or Water 1 cup freshly juiced/squeezed orange juice 1/2 cup of freshly juiced/squeezed lemon juice 6- 8 tablespoons of natural sweetener (raw, local honey) 1/4 teaspoon unrefined salt (NOT table salt)

Sent from my iPhone using VST