Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

BOO....congratulations on getting an agent!! Can we all get an autographed copy when it comes out?? :(

BMan...woo hooo!! You go girl!! having a guy ask for your digits!! :P Must have been nice!! I still haven't had that happen in well....forEVER! :) good for you!!

Of course you will all get autographed copies and when I go on Oprah you will be my panel of sucesses! :( lol...Thanks guys, I am just so freaking stoked...

I want to post some of it here but I am too scared! Not of you girls of course, but other people that may try to steal it...but I want to post one paragraph...and if someone steals it you are all with me that I wrote it! lol..

And no diet or weight loss plan will ever work until you feel that you are worth it. I had to come to terms with my past to be able to embrace my future. If I didn’t understand why I was fat, no matter what I did I was bound to repeat it. My success would not come from me cutting anything out of my life, but adding something so much more, self love. Love in short, can move mountains, even when you place them in front yourself!

:think WOW BOO DONT HAVE WORDS ONLY TEARS IN MY EYES YOU TRULY WILL PUT AN OUTLOOK OF HOW WE FEEL INSIDE AND WHAT A DIFFRENCE OUR DAYS AND NIGHTS ARE WITH THE BAND.

I HERE FOR YOU GIRL DONT BE STOKED YOU DESERVE IT AND GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE THAT WHY WE ARE ALL GETTING SKINNY LOL :(

LOVE YA ALL GIRLS :P

CLAU

claudia sorry I didn't see your post with the questions to me

My weekend was a sore one I am now attending boot camp workouts at the gym and I am very sore

but my scale is not moving I am very confused I eat about 1/3 of what I did why am I not losing

how are you hey post some pics of your self

you have to look way different before and after so far

Morning girls. I am wondering since we are all complaining that we are doing the right things but the scale is not moiving is that typical for this time of year or something? Something in the enviroment? lol...I have no clue just trying to make sense of this stuff! :)

Thanks for the comments girls. I am very excited about it, but I am debating to those I have not come out of the band closet with, should I tell them before the book comes out or let them read it and also read WHY I didn't tell them????

Hello,

Hey bkwalling I noticed your surgen was Dr. Westmoreland in Murfreesboro. That is who I am thinking about using. He is covered by my insurance. What can you tell me about him? Did you like him, what pre-op diet required etc.? Anything you can tell me would be great. I am going to the seminar tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you,

Thanks

Laura

I'm glad you all like my plan! Boo we're all here for you and that paragraph was awesome - I bet the whole book will be great! Can't wait to read it!

What are we doing wrong! I can't stand being a slow loser! I haven't lost a pound since my fill on Wed, almost a week! I'm still walking the treadmill, counting my calories - although mine tend to be 1000 - 1300 most days but still there should be some movement!

Support group tonight... maybe I'll mention it. Or not.

I picked up paint to paint the guest room today. That'll keep me busy for a day or 2. Hubby has the flooring almost done in here now. Remember we did the living and kitchen, and now he just did the computer/dining/hunting room - UGH! The floor looks wonderful but I need to change this room, it drives me crazy! He has a 6 foot gun cabinet in what is supose to be my dining room, so besides all the dining room furniture it also has a deer head on the wall, and my desk with computer. Anyone want to do trading spaces?

Has anyone heard from Kaydoll or Nat? Whats up my friends?

Boo - CONGRATS on the book stuff - that is SO COOL! :welldoneclap: :Banane20:

Steph - My weight got stuck for a week. Drove me batty, absolutely insane, and almost into depression. I thought I was doing all the right things - if nothing else, my calories were too low and exercise too high. I e-mailed the RN at my doc's office that I work with who is banded herself and has written a book on banding for advice. She said that if you lose weight fast that occasionally your body needs a break to catch up. So, not to worry about a week if you really, truly are behaving. It'll catch up then the scale will move.

Some quotes from her e-mail:

"There is nothing you can do to speed up the pace of mother nature."

"Weight loss is not a straight slide downwards. It's more like going down steps and right now you are on a landing. Just keep doing what you are doing and eventually the scale will move. I promise."

Ladies How Are Yall

Today Is My Anniversary And I Have The Most Awesome Husband He Bought Me Flowers A Spring Mix My Fav

A Purse And Matching Wallet And He Had My Intial Put On It

2 Cds

And A Massage And Spa Peel He Is Awesome

We Went Out To dinner And A Movie

I Behaved And Ate Well

scale Still Stuck

Hey Kay And Nat Check In When U Can

Yeah, so everyone at work somehow found out about my band. I didn't tell anyone, but apparently they have nothing better to do than to sit around and talk about me all day... and someone figured it out. :angry these people are so freaking nosey! It is none of their business. I don't mind telling people if I am the one who TELLS them. NOT when they go talking about things they don't understand. Apparently, I had "lap belt" surgery. so, THAT tells you how accurate the information is that is going around. I hate people!

More importantly, though... I have a little brother who is also overweight. It is because my mother keeps crap food in front of him 24/7 just like she did me. He is 15 years old and is probably just as big as i was.. .if not a bit bigger. He is 6'3'' so... i know he weighs more than I did three months ago...

Last night, he told me that it wasnt fair that I was losing all this weight, and that i took the easy way out. That was the only reason i was losing it.

I've been trying to get him to come with me to the gym to exercise, but he just gets more and more discouraged with each pound I lose.

That wasn't my intention. :D I don't want him to feel bad. As soon as he turns 18 I will get him the surgery if I can possibly afford it... I would get it for him now if I thought it would help. I love him so much, and I feel so horrible that my success is making him feel like a failure. He is exactly like me, and I know how he feels.

I don't know what to do to make him feel better. I don't know what to do to help. I try to get my mother to buy healthier foods and she just keeps buying piles and piles of SHIT. She is hurting him, and I can't stop her. :mad: I've told her how unhappy I was, and how much being overweight hurt me, and she just tells me to "shut up."

They still don't support the decision I made to have the surgery anyway. She told my brother last night that, "you don't have to have surgery to lose weight... thats just something unnecessary that some people choose to do."

Made me feel guilty... and horrible.

What can I say to him to help? I can't get the food out of the house. She buys him chips, soda, candy, cakes, pies, ice cream. She fries everything. He loves turkey burger. She buys the fatty ground beef. He loves vegetables. I've never seen her cook fresh vegetables in the 27 years that Ive been alive. He wants to drink diet soda, but she buys him the regular becuase "he likes it." He ends up drinking it... It is there in front of him 24 hrs a day.

She tells me to butt out.

So, I just don't know what to do.

Now, he is getting depressed becuase i was the one person like him who understood and now, he feels like he is all alone in his struggle. I was able to get help, and he is so sad that he can't get someone to help him.

BMAn....sorry to hear about your Brother...and WORK! OMG!!! How did anyone find out if you didn't tell anyone?? I would have just denied it I think! That is NONE of anyones business!!

Now...about your brother....Just tell him that you know what it's like and that you'll help him get the surgery in a few years when you can, and just let him know that he won't be like that forever if he doesn't want to be! Ignore your Mother....tell her just to butt out! :mad:

Brandi - do you guys live close enough together that you can cook him dinner a few nights a week? If he wants help (and nothing will change if *HE* doesn't want to change) that may be a way for you to show him what you're doing, how to do it on his own, and get him motivated enough that maybe he'll stand up to your mom and say please don't buy me sugary pop and I want veggies and turkey burgers. Your brother needs to be willing to fight a bit for what he wants! If he gets a few good meals in from you, he'll feel better physically from the good nutrients, and hopefully that'll motivate him to also push for the change!

Being "rebellious" with your mom may be hard for him, but he's got to take some responsibility and push, too - it can't just be your battle!