Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY B- MAN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U

THIS IS YOUR FIRST LAPBAND BIRTHDAY YEAH

YEAH YEAH

KAY - YEP MY DAD IS ON BLOOD THINNER SHOTS BUT NOT THE BOOTIES I WILL ASK FOR THEM THEY HAD TO DO A CT SCAN TODAY BECAUSE HE HAS NOT WAKEN UP GOOD SINCE HIS SURGERY SUN NIGHT

THE CT CAME BACK OKAY MAYBE HE WILL GET BETTER SOON THEY EXPECT HIM IN THE HOSPITAL REHAB TODAY BUT WHEN I ARRIVED HE HAD GOTTON A LOT WORSE

HE WAS NOT RESPONDING WELL

MAKES ME NERVOUS

MAYBE HE CAN BE MOVED TO REHAB TOMMORROW

THANKS FOR ALL THE PRAYERS THEY WILL HELP

Nat - have the damn glass of wine! Its not going to hurt anything. I've drank wine several times - I only have one glass and it didn't hurt anything other then the wasted calories. Think about it - a glass of wine or a peice of chocolate cake - which do you think has more calories. I drink merlot and it sits good with me.

BK - we will continue to pray for you dad - and you, stress sucks.

Update on my friend - she's out of the hospital and doing good. They got the bleeding stopped. I didn't talk to her so I don't know all the details but I'm sure the bypass and the stress worked together to form an ulcer.

My sil is having the gastric bypass today - my neice (who is like one of my own) is with her so I'm picking up my great nephew (who's like my grandbaby) from kindergarten and then I think I'll take him to see Happily N'ever After - anyone seen it yet? He's my movie buddy and I need to get out of the house! I love being laid off in the winter but it does get boring at times.

Have a good day! I'll post later.

B-man - baby I'm sorry I missed your birthday yesterday! I hope you have a wonderful blessed healthy year full of weight loss, healthy living, loving and laughter! You're the best sweetie and we love ya!

Bkwalling-I am so sorry about your dad. I am praying for him and I hope he does better soon. Keep us posted.

Nat-I am off to check our thread. I will get back to you. Hang in there. You are not failing your son. Parenting is so tough sometimes and even tougher when you are on your own. Just hang tight. It will get better. Have that glass of wine like Steph said. Make it a small glass, sip it slow, and relax.

Steph-have fun at the movies. I never go, but want to take my kids to see CHarlottes Web-maybe tomorrow after school. That would be a nice surprise for them. Anyway, let me know how the movie is.

BMAN...HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!! Hope it was a good one!!

KAY...yes, I have to confess, I went to McDs and got a Happy Meal w/1% Milk (drank the milk 1 hr after eating though). The fries were as good as I remembered them, and the burger was OK, but not quite as good as I had built it up in my mind. But, it was enough. I ate it, was satisfied, and don't feel like I need anymore for a while. I don't think I did too much damage b/c my scale moved downwards again this AM, so I'm pretty happy about that! I remember when I was on WW, a Happy Meal was 12 points, so I know that it can be fit into my day caloriewise....

Today you're off liquids!! Woo hoo!!! Congratulations!! ;)

NAT...how are you doing today?? You know that they say a glass of red wine is actually healthy for you right? ;-) Although I guess they say that about dark chocolate too lol....

BK...sorry to hear your dads not doing so hot....I hope they can figure it out and help him get better soon!!

STEPH, I took my kids to see happily Never after this weekend....I didn't like it. The kids thought it was boring....All the funny stuff is in the commercials unfortunately.....and its not often I don't like these animated movies! But if there is another kid movie out that he wants to see, I'd recommend doing that. ;) Glad to hear your friend is doing OK though!

Nat - hang in there girl! We've got your back!

BK - hope your dad is doing better today!

B-man - happy birthday!

Hi Friends!

No daycare today, so I'm doing great. Thanks for thinking of me. I feel like we are real friends around here. Glad to vent. The good news is, my eating is under control, so I am proud about that. Old Me would have killed a chocolate cake and a plate of nachos.

I am on the run until Saturday, so you may not hear from me until then. I'll check in as soon as I can though.

Love you!

Nathalie

nathalie- so sorry you had a crappy Day! I'm sure it is so tough to be a single mom and having to work full time. i feel for you. You seem to have so many changes in your life right now. I'm sure you can feel overwhelmed sometimes. hang in there. This too shall pass.

what is the yahoo group? i didn't know about that? can i be in on it?

ok dr. weiner said if i'm hungry call and schedule a fill!! i figured if i bugged him enough he would ok it. i think i schedule it for the week after next which is 5 weeks out. not too soon.

HI KAY ,

I DOING MUCH BETTER YES i TOTALLY THINK IT WAS THE Soup NO MORE FOR ME. I FEELING MUCH BETTER BUT YOU NEVER KNOW IT MIDE OF BEEN A 24 HOUR FLU . THANKS FOR ASKING ;)

BER- DONT CRY YOUR A WONDERFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT AND YOU DESIRVE THE BEST .THAT WHY WE ALL CARE ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOUR WORTH A LOT:):clap2:

I'm ok ladies. Thank you for the kind words :-)

I've had some horrible things happen to me the last 5 months, and sometimes they all just catch up. It was something that I could never have imagined.

My finance moved to the US from York, England last April, and we planned to be married. He was a complete part of my family, and even asked my father's permission to marry me.

I was married on July 1, 2006. a Beautiful outdoor wedding. Everything seemed to be better than I could ever have imagined. He told me all the right things and seemed to be nothing short of amazing to everyone he met.

He got a job through the police department here, and we bought a car. We were in the process of buying a home of our own. It seemed that I'd found the person I was spending the rest of my life with.

on September 2, 2006 I went to work for four hours... only two blocks away from our home. When I came home, I found a note on my bed that said I would never see him again.

There were no signs... we didnt even have a fight. He was just gone...

I rushed to the airport making it there before his flight left. I bought a $800 ticket just to make it past security and ran all the way to the gate... trying to stop him. I got there 5min after they boarded. The plane was still at the gate.... and I couldn;t get to him.

He called me the next day from France to tell me that he'd made a horrible mistake, and even if I hated him, that he would come back to me. (This was the worst part of all) becuase two days later he stopped answering my phone calls and I've never heard from him since.

I discovered that he'd been lying to me since the beginning, and he was lying to his family and friends in the UK. I spoke to his father, and found out he was ok... but none of them would help me.

So, here I sit... alone. It was not over for me. I do not even know to this day why he left. He gave no explanation. When I did talk to him, he told me that I was absolutely perfect and had done nothing wrong. It would have been easier if he'd just told me the truth. You don't leave your wife two months after being married if there is not a reason.

I was not going to tell my story here. I'd promised to be nothing but supportive to everyone and keep it to myself. But... when you all see me gone for days at a time, and wonder why I'm quiet... Now you know what is going on.

I had this surgery to focus on something... anything else but the life I was leading. I'd thought about doing it for years, and had been spending all my time and money on someone that left me without a backward glance. I decided that I had to do something for myself... spend all of my time, money, and attention on me. It was all I could do to keep moving forward. I had to have something to focus on.

If I didn't do something drastic, I was afriad I was going to lose it all together. So, I booked my date, and thats when all of you met me.

All of my days are spent with that weighing me down.

I know so much about all of you. I just feel like this is a huge part of who I am. I decided you all could have a peak of what Brandi's world is really like.

It is so hard reading the posts from our UK girls. I talk/think like that too. I know all about how many "stones" you weigh... your "bits"... "no worries" ... all the "puddings" you eat -- I still have "tea" every night, not dinner. I "nip" to the store... instead of run. "spaghetti bolonaise".. been there done that -- I have a whole family over there that I will never know. There is not a thing that I can do about it. It just really hurts seeing anything that reminds me of him.

Even though someone so manipulative, selfish, and heartless is surely no one to still be so distaught over. The person he turned out to be... was not the person that I'd known for so long. The person I knew ceased to exist in the course of meer minutes.

So, I still have to file for divorce (which I still have not done)... I still have to pay for the car. I still have to live each day in the house we lived in together.

Without a single word from him....

Sorry it is so long... but you all would have started wondering what was wrong at some point. Today was as good as any other day to tell you.

Thank God for my band, and my new start at life.

--Brandi

OH BMAN....I'm soooo sorry about what happened to you!!! You Did NOT deserve that at all!!! :-( I can relate to your story b/c I too, was what I thought happily married and had lost 60 pounds on WW b/c my husband and I wanted to have a child together...life was great! Then he tells me he doesn't want kids....then I find out he's cheating on me. We separated and he led me on for 2 more years before I had finally realized he just wanted to have his cake and eat it too, so I had to file for divorce. To this day I'm not sure what I did to make him cheat (if anything??). But the point is....it doesn't matter. I didn't deserve it, and you don't either! But...we are strong women and we will survive! I gained all the weight back during my divorce and then some, so now I'm bound and determined to lose it all and then a lot more now! GOOD FOR YOU for doing this for yourself!!! I know it may not seem like it now, but you will get through it and you will be so much stronger in the end!! You deserve a great life w/a man who will adore you and be by your side forever....and you will get it, I'm sure!!

BIG HUGS....and thank you for sharing your story.

Brandi - you have amazing strength. I'm so proud of you for choosing to do something better with your life.

My (now ex) husband told me on Jan 2, 2006 that he was sleeping with a coworker, had been for 2 1/2 weeks (weeks, not months) and he was willing to let our 7+ year relationship go. Over a 2 1/2 week fling. He also insisted he had been happy and I hadn't done anything wrong. I gave him one shot the next day with a marriage counselor, when that didn't work I filed for divorce, and only a few weeks later she dumped him. Karma's a bi*#h. Just know that you are a great person, and we all love you!!!

Oh Brandi....just know that it really is him....what secrets is he hiding???? It sounds to me like he has some huge major issues! What a dork that he doesn't want an intelligent, beautiful young woman!!!

Well, My relationship history really sucks. I got married for the first time at 19. We had a child one year after that, and he had significant brain damage. The stress that put on both of us....well things didn't last long. Then I met a man...(well can I really call him a Man???) I thought he was the perfect guy! married four years then I find out that he was gay...well should I say there was finally postitive proof after four years....so then I lost a huge amount of weight....dated a ton of men to prove to myself that I was lovable and desirable....that was a very destructive time in my life. Then when I was 36 I finally found a kind and gentle man that wanted to spend his life with me, and have a few kids. I also don't tell my story very often....but at least you will see that we all go through a lot of crap until we meet the "one".....which you will....you are already on the right road!!!!

Oh Brandi!

I am not going to say I am so sorry for you-because you do not need anyone feeling sorry for you! You are a strong woman and I will say that I am sorry that something like this happened to you. I am sorry that this world has people in it that do these things. I imagine it may have been less painful to have him cheat, but to have him disappear without explanation is beyond explanation. I hope you believe in your heart that this is not something you did wrong. I will not believe for a second that you are anything but the wonderful girl we have learned to love here and I know you will find true happiness. I am so proud of you for sharing this story and letting us in. We love you and support you and are here for any vent you need to get out. Please do not hesitate.

Like Kirsten said, someday you will look back and realize that you are a stronger person in the end. I know it is cliche but what doesn't kill you truly makes you stronger. I too have learned that the hard way (story for another day).

You can have all the quiet days you need, but know we will still be shouting out and looking for you because you are such a vital part of this thread!