Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm literally in tears because I am 12 days out from surgery and just stuffed my face with a double cheeseburger, large fry and about 20 cheese puffs! I was doing so good on my liquid diet from Monday to about 20 minutes ago. OMG! Does this mean I will pay for surgery and get opened up only to be closed and told that I cant have the surgery and they are keeping my money? I am so STUPID! I had my shake ready but started thinking about how hungry I was. I know its because I was off work today and didn't drink my first shke until about noon. I am ready to get back on the wagon and not do this again. Am I too late?

And I had lost 6 pounds already since Monday! Uugghh! 10 years of college to be so stupid! This is exactly why I need this surgery. I start, but there is nothing holding me to it so I mess up every time.

I don't think your out of luck but I sure would not do this kind of thing again. My prep with my doctor is only ten days so I think you should be ok. But if your really want to know, you better check with your nutritionist.

No. Just get back on track and stick with it like it's your new religion from now til your surgery. However, if you can't get thru the pre-op diet without cheating you may not be ready to do this. It is a huge commitment and massive lifestyle shift that you are enforcing on yourself. Ask yourself if you are truly ready to take it on. If not, wait until you are ready. I looked into getting the lap band two years ago and backed out two weeks prior to the surgery date. I just wasn't psychologically ready.

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2

Should I drink a bottle of that magnesium stuff to clean me out? Should I try to throw up? Why didn't I think about this before I drove my happy a$$ to mcdonalds and pigged out in the parking lot. I don't know why they built this darn mcdonalds across the street from my darn house anyway! I'm so upset. Where can I go to research this?

I'm ready. I know I'm ready. I have planned this out to the T and can't believe what I just did! I'm really freaking out.

I'm ready. I know I'm ready. I have planned this out to the T and can't believe what I just did! I'm really freaking out.

Take a deep breath. Actually take ten of them. Normally I don't side with those who go off their Pre-ops, but you are being SO hard on yourself!!! If you are 12 days out, you should be ok. Let your NUT know just so they know everything that's going on. Please take this one as "lesson learned" and get back on your plan. You are an intelligent woman so you know that this stress is bad for you too, ok?

Should I drink a bottle of that magnesium stuff to clean me out? Should I try to throw up? Why didn't I think about this before I drove my happy a$$ to mcdonalds and pigged out in the parking lot. I don't know why they built this darn mcdonalds across the street from my darn house anyway! I'm so upset. Where can I go to research this?

I live right across the street from a McD's too! Thankfully, however, I don't really care for their food (their fries are decent) so I've only been there 2x in the past 2 yrs!

I have absolutely no pre op diet, just 24 hrs of liquids beforehand next Monday. Just giving you some reference. Not sure why they give some people diet and others have none. I had absolutely no pre op 4 yrs ago when banded. He had no idea how big my liver is either, no tests to determine that.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Just go back to what you were instructed to do from this day on. Good luck! And I know how you feel...

Awww don't be so hard on yourself. It was a mistake! Now it's time to move on and continue on the path to the losers' bench.

Someone posted a link about pre-op diets that was very encouraging. Check it out. Good luck & keep us updated. ;)

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/78443-the-pre-op-diet-is-not-a-punishment-its-an-opportunity/

Awww don't be so hard on yourself. It was a mistake! Now it's time to move on and continue on the path to the losers' bench.

Someone posted a link about pre-op diets that was very encouraging. Check it out. Good luck & keep us updated. ;)

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/78443-the-pre-op-diet-is-not-a-punishment-its-an-opportunity/

Thank you so much. Yesterday was the push that has me planning ahead and not allowing myself to get hungry anymore. I am thankful that it was 12 days out and after calming down and taking those 10 suggested deep breaths, I had to laugh. The entire time I was eating, I kept thinking, why doesn't this food taste as good as it used to? I think a week of Protein shakes and Water has changed my taste buds or something because I had to make my physical self do what my mental self insisted on my doing. Interesting. I'm back on track and getting myself ready for the surgery. My passport has yet to arrive so tht is my next concern. Any advise on tht?

Thank you so much. Yesterday was the push that has me planning ahead and not allowing myself to get hungry anymore. I am thankful that it was 12 days out and after calming down and taking those 10 suggested deep breaths' date=' I had to laugh. The entire time I was eating, I kept thinking, why doesn't this food taste as good as it used to? I think a week of Protein Shakes and Water has changed my taste buds or something because I had to make my physical self do what my mental self insisted on my doing. Interesting. I'm back on track and getting myself ready for the surgery. My passport has yet to arrive so tht is my next concern. Any advise on tht?[/quote']

That's great! I'm happy that you were able to get through it. Keep going! It's preparing you for what's to come.

Try contacting your surgeon's office to see what they advise. Also, contact the office where you submitted your passport application and let them know what's going on.

Don't worry about it. I am not condoning it but I also get it! I had a bucket list of restaurants that I went to before I started by liquid diet. This helped me to get through it. I don't think you messed up your surgery date at all. If you are really hungry and need something my surgeon told me an occasional small piece of lean meat with some steamed veggies was just fine. Hang in there!

Personally, i see what you did not as a "maybe you are not ready" but your mind's fear that u may fail even with the sleeve so u made tourself fail. We do this to ourselves, we expect to fail so we DO since we know it is inevitable anyway. Just collect yourself, start again, and again, and again. You only fail when you do not get right back up after a fall. You will have these moments after the surgery too. Do you give up and say "I screwed up so I suck and I can't do it!" NO! You try again. And again. Think of how many times celebrities reinvet themselves after a fall from fame. You can always start again!!!

My pre-op liquid is 9 days long, so you should be OK. I wouldn't drink the magnesium citrate or anything like that b/c you'll only bemessing with yourself more. I think you will probably feel crappy when that stuff hits your blood stream after a week of Protein shakes! This is the last diet you will have to do without your helpful new tool!

Personally' date=' i see what you did not as a "maybe you are not ready" but your mind's fear that u may fail even with the sleeve so u made tourself fail. We do this to ourselves, we expect to fail so we DO since we know it is inevitable anyway. Just collect yourself, start again, and again, and again. You only fail when you do not get right back up after a fall. You will have these moments after the surgery too. Do you give up and say "I screwed up so I suck and I can't do it!" NO! You try again. And again. Think of how many times celebrities reinvet themselves after a fall from fame. You can always start again!!![/quote']

That was wonderfully encouraging! Thank you. Today is going very well. No cravings at all. Back as though the slip never happened. Thank God.