Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there a reason that this group isn't totally private? Meaning only those of us in the group can read the posts we make?

Hey sarsar,

We had talked about having them totally hidden in the beginning but for several reasons just kept them "closed" we can certainly open it up for discussion again when this all gets fixed! :)

We could exchange email addresses. We could do group emails. That is if we want to be sure that  only the members we want are able to read and write within our group.

I am on a new high ladies. 137.5!  Yay! I am so close. This break up has been so good for my weight.

I've been thinking of him constantly and that is not good. Yeserday was his birthday. I know he has to be missing me. I want to stop thinking about him.. I wrote down everything he did to annoy me and all the reasonss  our relationship won't work.

So, you guys are all I've got!

Keep messaging Ken the administrator Globe Tell his the list of your issues. Explain to him where you are ane VST is your life line. He will help you!

Yep!  Me too with the salt thing... but at least we know!

I've been meaning to pop on and vent for a while... don't know what has stopped me really.  I suppose I didn't wanna put a downer on the recent successes that have been shared.  And kinda hoping that the cloud over my head would bugger off... but it hasn't.

Anyway, I've been in a funk for a while now - think I mentioned it a while ago - and it usually comes and goes within a few days, however, this particular funk has lasted longer.  last Friday, I got weighed and measured in Curves - in over a month my 'official' weight had only gone down a pound, yes one effing pound and I had lost just over an inch - all over!  I was gutted.  Previous to this I was feeling fat and ugly; and that kinda confirmed and nurtured my inner demon!

I just felt that I 'deserved' more... I needed to hear more and I wanted more.  This kinda peed me off to such a degree I thought sh*t to it and indulged all over the weekend; pizza, fish and chips, chocolate and cider.  Hmmm... all clearly made choices and no regrets.  No affect on the scales as it read 159 on Sunday morning... how stupid is that?  This morning 161! No drama, top end of the bounce range.

I really don't want to give up, but I am getting really pi**ed at not getting what I perceive as results.

I just feel that after 3 1/2 years I 'should' be at my surgeon's goal weight and with all the extra hard work I put it, I 'should' be below it.

I know the BMI is a load of BS, but I can't help to yearn after a healthy number on that side of things... I really am envious of all you that are in the healthy range.

Don't get me wrong, I will continue to do the  5:2 and I will keep fighting the good fight, I suppose after all this time and longing I am getting a little bored of not being at goal.  I want to moan about maintenance; I want to complain that my clothes are too big and I need to get a new set!  Even after my TT I still look at my tummy and think it is too big!  FFS!

This is so much bashing on the grey cells as well as the physical ones!  

Perhaps I am just tired... I don't know... but I just wanted to put it out there with you guys cos I know you'll understand.  I mentioned my frustrations to a friend who just told me that I looked great - yea, thanks!  She didn't get it!  It is hard for those who haven't been in our shoes; who haven't walked our path; who haven't struggled with weight loss or obesity!  

She just didn't get IT!

OK, rant over... sorry but I had to get it out of my system.

I am so in a funk too......I am being so complacent with my fasting days. Today i just automatically ate a Breakfast without giving it much thought. I ate a couple bites too many too. My days seem so dim......I'm am totally freezing too. 

I feel fat too......so much padding with the excess skin......

Skinniness, there is no fat there! We have seen your pictures..

Are you down because of skin? Are you thinking of plastics?

If I look at the sagging anything on me to long I get depressed. :(

So I just try not to look :P

And I tell myself "chick you are 47, this is life"

I want to "forgive" and accept some of my imperfections.. And I know, easier said than done somedays..

Fasting today, and of course two co-workers brought treats... home made plum pie and persimmon bread.... I had a piece of the bread... this will probably put me a little over my goal today. It was good, and made low fat etc. It was so easy to just take it and put it in my mouth! I think the cold weather does make it easier to eat for comfort. This did not ruin my day. Its just a treat and the rest of the day will be healthy and well done! (said over and over in my head)

Oh I would of lost it with persimmon bread!

My MIL makes the best!

The weather the site. It all seems to be hitting at once. I'm going to do my best today on my fast..I don't want to fall apart now..

Because we are coming up on the holidays. Scary waters to navigate.

Not only are we going to try and not gain weight. Some of us need to lose weight through them!

Scary waters indeed.

Hold tight girls! It's going to be a bumpy ride.

But we can do this, right?

Sarsar...I LOVE this!

"Seems like a lot of us are in a funk. All I know to try to do is put one foot in front of the other, take one day at a time. This is for life and we will have these ups and downs forever. I just keep trying to march forward..."

Yep, we have our ups and downs and sometimes when the downs arrive they are a hard hole to climb out of.

I wish this was not only a "closed" group but "private" as well...closed meaning everyone can read but only members can post and private meaning only members can read and post. Sigh.

Fasting today ladies...last week I only fasted ONE day and that was after taking 10 days off from the 5:2 completely. So I REALLY need to lock down 2 days this week to fast. So far it's 1pm and I've worked out for 2 hours and my cals are right at 189...so I'm in a good spot to have 300 cals for dinner which is a good chunk.

My positive to interject today is that I'm taking a women & weights class and putting plastics on hold. Now I know that weight lifting isn't going to give me the results that plastics would but it certainly can't hurt and it makes me *feel* like I'm doing *something* instead of just bemoaning the state I'm in. Plus it clears the cobwebs and makes me feel good. So I took a 6 week session, had a one week break from class and started the next 6 week session today. My instructors quote was "we are so happy you are back, you are really strong...I've had ladies who take this class for an entire year to get to your fitness level...and you don't whine or complain a lot, so I'm happy you are back!" YAY! :D

I asked everyone if anyone wanted to start an email list. We would just have to write someone an email and CC everyone else, then we could talk about whatever we wanted and nobody that was not on the email list could read it or write in it.

I am not sure if they have groups here there are closed so that only members can read and post. I wil ask Susan.

Coops hasn't posted. She offered to help me with my profile. I  need help. My profile is so "vanilla" I need one that is peppy and upbeat, more unique.

Is there anyone else good at writing that  would be willing to  help me?

I think I saw a post where she said she would work on it.... you were going to send her a few for her to look at or something like that?

I would love it if I could have a list to refer with "stage name" real name (I feel terrible whenI forget your first names!) , town and email. If the Water rises and the bridge falls in, there might still be a way to contact, and if anyone is in town, they can drop by! What do you think?

Easy peasy is to set up a google group, just need everyone's email addresses. Or if we are all on fb, can do secret group there, but harder to have good convos with that interface.

Swiz would you set that group up?

does it have to be a gmail address?

As I was about to write, our interpreter came in with a gift for me, a pair of pomegranates! Pomegranates are my most favorite thing in the world! So, that was my good thing for today :)

I had Ruth's Chia Goodness-chocolate with a tsp of coconut oil, hot for breakfast, amazingly healthy and tasty! I would love to get a private 5:2 group going, at least until Alex cleans up this mess. I am having an exacerbation today, don't know what triggered it, stress probably. Took an MS drug last night for the first time, emotionally very very upsetting. Painting has been very therapeutic, my Father passed away last Christmas so there is a lot of emotion headed my way, I painted a family portrait for my Mom and sent it off in the mail yesterday, hope it gets there by Christmas. Painting my Father, was like touching him again, he was an artist professionally and this felt intimate and good.

I was able to get into a thread finally and it was worth the effort - here is a link...http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/287666-you-may-be-more-successful-than-you-think/page-7#entry3240558

Gamergirl started it and it just blew my mind - this formula gives you percent total excess weight lost and she is so right, it lets you see that you are way more successful than you think! Just today I was being self-loathing, sick of being the fat girl which I still am even after 118 pounds lost. Then I did this formula and discovered that I am at seventy-two percent excess weight lost!! That's significant!! I can also vividly remember fantasizing about what it would be like to even lose the initial 50 pounds, how grand that sounded, and now here I am with only 46 pounds to go until goal! This is all very positive and I felt like we could use it ^_^.