Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

seriously, I am having a pity party this evening...I am just over 2 months post-surgery and have only lost 30 pounds...that wouldn't be so bad except that I lost 20 of those pounds the first couple of weeks after surgery when I was on liquids...not even sure that can really be "counted"...anyway since then it has been like lose a pound...then stall for a few days...lose another pound, then stall...just very frustrating...and I am following my eating program for sure...I am averaging 600 or 700 calories a day (I write down everything I eat or drink), not doing great with the liquid intake but getting most of the Protein in and taking all of my vitamins...I think my main problem is lack of enough exercise...the problem is that I have such a low energy level, and I have not lost enough weight yet to be able to do much more than walk (which I do almost every night, but can only walk for about 30 minutes max)...I know I need to exercise more and I was committed to that going into this, but I had no idea I would be so lacking in energy...I guess my main "pity party" whine is that I paid a lot of money for this surgery, took the risk, and I have been following the program pretty well...I eat no starches--for two months, no bread, Pasta, rice, potatoes, cereal--not even a lousy cracker...and certainly no desserts/sweets...I have even completely given up my beloved Diet Coke...it is dairy (yogurt, cheese, eggs, milk), lean meats (turkey, chicken) and Beans occasionally....also some cooked veggies and the occasional bites of fruit...I have given up so much in the last two months to lose a lousy 30 lbs, 20 of which was during a liquid diet...geez...for the last couple of years, I had a stable weight (albeit a super obese weight) but I ate pretty much what I wanted and/or craved (without bingeing)...I guess I just had wanted more of a pay off by now...ok, my venting and self-pity rant is over now...thanks if you are still reading....and I am giving myself a hug since there is no one else here to hug me :unsure:

Hugs to you Tigerbell! I don't have any answers, but I do feel your pain!

Im here to hug you and I read it all :( hang in there and it will all come off in time. Each body is different whats important is that you will get there not how long it takes. Stay strong and fight threw these emotions :)

Sending a big hug your way! Every one of us has had a pity party or two. It comes when we least expect it. It's hard to look at a few weeks without progress on the scale but I did notice that when I was not losing pounds, I did seem to be losing inches during that time.

Hang in there, the weight might not come off as fast as we would like but it will come off. I would bet you are so much more healthy than you were pre op and will continue to get even healthier!

I will be 18 weeks out tomorrow and 53 pounds gone forever! Not the fastest but it has come off, one stinking pound at a time. It will continue. I know it will. It has no choice as long as I do what I am supposed to.

Keep up the good work, have some sugarfree pudding and watch a Bridget Jones movie! Things will look better in the morning!

{{{{ HUGS }}}} for you. Pity parties are allowed.

This is not a race, it's a journey. Remain steadfast & be encouraged. Try to add 1 additional minute more to your walk every other day or so. BE that Little Engine that could. It's easy for me to give advice right now, b/c I'm pre-op. But if/when I get to where you are, come encourage/poke me as well. I'm going to need it.

Ya know...I've been thinking. When my physician asks me if I'm getting any exercise, I really, really want to tell her that yeah! I'm carrying an extra 100 pounds around every day! Let any skinny person try to do that! I should be really fit by now!

So yeah....you are exercising!

I was a slow loser @ first. 30 in 9 weeks. but im 5 months out and 67lbs healthier. your still healing and adjusting. give it some time. Protein + Water protein + water. I used to think ppl were lung. their not. good luck!

A giant hug for you. I go days when the scale doesn't move at all, but I can see and feel the difference. You're allowed to feel frustrated. You wouldn't be human if you didn't. I walk in the pool for 1/2 an hour daily. Too hot in So. Cal desert to walk outside during the day and too tired at night. It's 8:30 at night and still 100 degrees outside. I also HATE the Vitamins. I ordered the new Celebrate chewy multi Vitamin. More like toffee. We'll see when they arrive. My blood pressure is actually low now and the Dr. said I need to make sure I drink my water/liquids to stay hydrated. Chin up, this too shall pass. We didn't get obese overnight so it's not gonna come off overnight.

Sending hugs your way!!

I don't lose anything for 4 days at a time and then lose less than a whole lb. It is very frustrating.

I made a vertical list of all the days of the month so I could see patterns in how I was losing and that was it- 4 days of nothing a day or two of small loss, 4 days of nothing, on and on. Those 4 days feel like they are 2 weeks long. I was amazed the last 10 lbs only took a month, it felt like forever.

This is hard and frustrating but when we look back in 6 months or a year I'm confident that we will have lost a decent amount of weight and the hard times will have been worth it!

Rena's you made me LoL, thanks

It helps me to remember how much I weighed this time last year and what NSVs I have had even only 9 weeks after surgery. Then, imagine how I will feel the same time next year! If it gets slow, I just tell myself it's giving my skin time to adapt and hopefully shrink. Also, maybe it will hinder the inevitable hair loss... ? At least, that's what I tell myself~ Chin up! :)

It's ok to feel sorry for yourself! You've been through a lot! Look at all the changes in your body since surgery ! It takes time for your body Ito adjust to 1/2 your stomach being gone! Any way you look at it the body is in shock! Stalls happen! We have all had them! It also takes time for head to adjust to this new way of living! Look what your eating now compared to a year ago! Even though you feel tired & wonder what the hell did I do you know you are going to be so much better off in the near future! Hang in there eat your Protein and drink the fluids! You will be surprised one day when you get on the scale. & you've dropped 5 lbs! Don't weigh every day either! Once a week is enough! Your loosing inches also! Be sure and measure yourself if you have not done so all ready and then measure monthly! You'll be amazed at the inches you loose!!!

Hugs to you Tigerbell. my loss is gradual, so I tend not to weigh myself too much - rather wait until I 'feel' like I've lost something then step on the scales... maybe just once every two weeks even. Sometimes its a loss of 3-4 lbs, sometimes not... but as long as I don't creep back up, then that's fine with me. I'm less than I was, and that's what counts.

Chin up. Hugs, because we all get to have a pity party every now and again.

It's hard to accept and it's frustrating that we cannot set the pace for our weight loss. It's just a fact. We're all individual and cannot base our success or our feelings on comparisons to other people. Even two women the same height, weight and age will have varying journeys to goal. That's just how it is.

I lost, on average, just over six pounds a month. I had "only" 107 pounds to my goal and it took me 17 months to get there. It took six months just to shed the last 20 pounds. And then I got pregnant and had a baby! And now it's taken me several months just to get back to my maintenance window again.

You know what? I know we want fast results. We want the surgery to "count" and we view success as reaching goal quickly.

But the truth is that it doesn't really matter how long it takes you. You certainly didn't put on thirty pounds in just two months. But you've lost them. And you'll continue to lose. You just need to keep doing the right things and focus on your particular journey. The real goal here is to keep the weight off. Slow and steady with plenty of time to reinforce those new, healthier habits is going to benefit you far more than cutting your calories to nil and dieting your way to goal.

In the end, you'll realize that losing the weight is actually the easier part of this process. The hard part is keeping it off. So focus more on how you get to goal and what you're going to do to stay there, instead of on how quickly you make it to the finish line.

You're doing great and have nothing to be upset about, I promise.

~Cheri