Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 months post-op...feeling stuck

So today I am 2 months post op. I am down 45lbs with 72 more to go but feeling kind of stuck. My weight has been fluctuating a pound up and down for the past 10 days and I have no idea what I am suppose to be eating. I had my surgery in Mexico (I live in Canada. I had aplan for six weeks which worked great. I followed it to a t but now I have no idea what I am suppose to do. I cannot get into my nutritionist until August 2nd and I feel a bit lost. Can anyone share some info on what you did at this stage? I have no idea what I am suppose to take in for daily values of anything...Protein? (I aim for 60 but have no idea if that is enough or too much) what about calories, fat, carbs etc.... I'm lost and feeling frustrated. My bowels are acting up so I added prunes to my diet...hope that helps. What about Vitamins? should I be taking them? I am super pleased with my loss up to this point but could sure use some pointers.

My recommendations (and I'm not a nutritionist):

• Up your Protein to 70g/day minimum - try to exceed that!
  • Drink 64oz water/day.
  • Minimize carbs (my doc recommends no more than 50g/day for best weight loss)
  • Don't drink any beverages that contain calories - don't drink your nutrition! The one exception is Protein shakes. If you still need them to get to your daily minimum, do it. Strive to get your nutrition from solid foods, though, as the sleeve works best when you aren't "sliding" things through your sleeve.

If you start with those four, the scale should move and your overall health will improve! Focusing on those as your goals shouldn't allow you to overeat on calories - essentially, it's more about the macronutrients (protein, carbs) that you put into your body rather than the calorie count.

I would also recommend that you take a Multivitamin of some sort, at the very least, to ensure that you're getting everything you need.

My recommendations (and I'm not a nutritionist):

[*]Up your Protein to 70g/day minimum - try to exceed that!

[*]Drink 64oz water/day.

[*]Minimize carbs (my doc recommends no more than 50g/day for best weight loss)

[*]Don't drink any beverages that contain calories - don't drink your nutrition! The one exception is Protein shakes. If you still need them to get to your daily minimum' date=' do it. Strive to get your nutrition from solid foods, though, as the sleeve works best when you aren't "sliding" things through your sleeve.

If you start with those four, the scale should move and your overall health will improve! Focusing on those as your goals shouldn't allow you to overeat on calories - essentially, it's more about the macronutrients (protein, carbs) that you put into your body rather than the calorie count.

I would also recommend grthat you take a Multivitamin of some sort, at the very least, to ensure that you're getting everything you need.[/quote']

Great suggestions! I would add the following because this is

what my surgeon suggested for me to do the rest of my life.

I take alongside with my Multi-vitamin:

B12

Iron

Calcium

Vitamin D

Fish oil

If you have concerns, I'd see a bariatric nut.

Good luc

Hello,

I am from Canada to and i had my sleeve in Mexico. Give me your email adres and i will send you some menu they give to me.

celinelecuyer@live.ca

I would take Celine up on her offer...also, what others have said is good advice...I am also out 2 months...had my surgery May 6...per my NUT's plan, I need to get in 60 to 80 g of Protein daily and 64 oz of liquids...she doesn't have me counting calories or carbs but I generally get in no more than 800 calories...I don't worry about carbs because I am mainly eating lean Proteins and some veggies...no fried foods, no sweets, no starches at all (no corn, potatoes, rice, bread, Cereal, Pasta, crackers, chips)...if you aren't eating those kinds of starches and carbs and only eating 800 calories per day, it would be difficult to go over a carb limit...I have trouble getting in 64 oz of Fluid, but I am trying to get there...also, my plan calls for daily exercise...I have been having low energy levels so I rarely walk more than 20-30 minutes daily--I am trying to improve...still no drinking with meals or at least 30 minutes after eating...still supplementing protein with the shakes when needed...no carbonated drinks...a multivitamin, B12 and Calcium daily...can't think of anything else now

thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Celine, I sent you an email. I am struggling with Water intake too and I find it really difficult. I was a HUGE water drinker pre surgery but most days can only get 5 cups at the most in.

After what seemed to be forever, the scale has finally moved again! I am down an additional 2.8 lbs...bringing my total loss to date to 47.8 lbs since May 6/13. Thanks for the advice guys. I increased my Protein, Water intake and am exercising 45 min per day on the treadmill an it has helped.