Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else getting sleeved in August?

I'm having mine on the 6th too and I'm getting anxieties but excited at the same time...

Hi! I don't have surgery date but I've been approved and aiming for end of August. Anyone in Michigan?

I am august 1st!!!...I would love to have all of guys as my sleeve buddies! I think Im first...right? Im doing south beach the week before surg..I stopped drinking diet pepsi reg..but im still drinking caffiene free diet pepsi..figure i will just give it up the day before surg..glad to know you all!

You could let us know how it went ...I'm so scared I feel like these 3 1/2 weeks are going to fly and the 6th will be here before I know it...I hope I don't chicken out lol

You could let us know how it went ...I'm so scared I feel like these 3 1/2 weeks are going to fly and the 6th will be here before I know it...I hope I don't chicken out lol

I'm scared as well but somebody on here told me that if you weren't scared you wouldn't be normal and a little bit of fear is healthy so we will hold hands and walk through this journey together ...

Hi, thought it might be a good ideas to tell you a little about my journey as I have enjoyed reading about others.

I'm 51 years old, a wife of 30 years and mother of two boys 25 and 18!

I have had weight issues from about the age of 9. My relationship with food has been one of love and hate! I have tried many diets, some have been successful, I have lost more than 90lbs on occasions, only for the weight to go right back on. This has made me feel like a failure, it has also made me feel out of control.

I have tried nearly everything! Including fad diets, starvation diets, pills and potion, ect.

I have had therapy which did help with the way I used food emotionally. It was my therapist that first mentioned WLS to me. At that time I was still of a mind that I could do this weight thing on my own.

I now realise that I have no potion control at all. I am indeed like a alcoholic when faced with certain foods. So three years after WLS, was first mentioned to me, and me now using food in a more appropriate way, I am as heavy as ever.

I know this surgery is a tool, but it is one I NEED! I need the restriction it will give me, the hunger feelings being hushed.

It has been liberating finding this forum! To know that I am not alone! To find others that understand!

I am looking forward to making this journey, to supporting and being supported.

Gojogo, we are like soul sisters...same journey, just a few years younger...would love to keep talking if possible...how do we do that on this site? I'm very new here.

Hi, thought it might be a good ideas to tell you a little about my journey as I have enjoyed reading about others.

I'm 51 years old, a wife of 30 years and mother of two boys 25 and 18!

I have had weight issues from about the age of 9. My relationship with food has been one of love and hate! I have tried many diets, some have been successful, I have lost more than 90lbs on occasions, only for the weight to go right back on. This has made me feel like a failure, it has also made me feel out of control.

I have tried nearly everything! Including fad diets, starvation diets, pills and potion, ect.

I have had therapy which did help with the way I used food emotionally. It was my therapist that first mentioned WLS to me. At that time I was still of a mind that I could do this weight thing on my own.

I now realise that I have no potion control at all. I am indeed like a alcoholic when faced with certain foods. So three years after WLS, was first mentioned to me, and me now using food in a more appropriate way, I am as heavy as ever.

I know this surgery is a tool, but it is one I NEED! I need the restriction it will give me, the hunger feelings being hushed.

It has been liberating finding this forum! To know that I am not alone! To find others that understand!

I am looking forward to making this journey, to supporting and being supported.

How did everything go today?

Great! My weight in was actually 1 pound less than my first consultation ( im at 259 BMI is 48.4) and according to my Nut say if i keep it under 50 (bmi) im only required to do a 2 week pre-op diet. Everything will be submit to my insurance for approval tomorrow, so im crossing my fingers i get the call with good news soon!!! Im also waiting for the sleep study results... But that will not delay surgery as i can sign a waiver

Hi! I don't have surgery date but I've been approved and aiming for end of August. Anyone in Michigan?

I'm in Michigan around the Detriot area. Scheduled for August 28th.

Great! My weight in was actually 1 pound less than my first consultation ( im at 259 BMI is 48.4) and according to my Nut say if i keep it under 50 (bmi) im only required to do a 2 week pre-op diet. Everything will be submit to my insurance for approval tomorrow' date=' so im crossing my fingers i get the call with good news soon!!! Im also waiting for the sleep study results... But that will not delay surgery as i can sign a waiver[/quote']

I'm so excited for you. Congrats on the good news :)

I should be in Aug. just finished my last visit with the NUT. Paperwork will be turned in to insurance tomorrow 7/12/2013. I am so excited and so Happy for everybody.

I'm in Michigan around the Detriot area. Scheduled for August 28th.

Awesome!! My dr office won't schedule my surgery until sleep study is complete. Insurance is approved though. Are you having surgery in Detroit?

My middle child is at camp outside of Detroit right now. Ortonville...going there next Friday to pick her up.

What kind of pre-op diet will you be facing?

I should be in Aug. just finished my last visit with the NUT. Paperwork will be turned in to insurance tomorrow 7/12/2013. I am so excited and so Happy for everybody.

Im in the same boat as you then! Tomorrow all paperwork will be turn in and the waiting begins... ????