Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good tasting chewable multivitamin?

I initially bought the Flinstones MV remembering back to my childhood and liking them...either my tastes have changed or my memory has...anyway, then I bought the Kroger brand sour gummie MV...did a comparison btwn it and Flinstones and the gummie is better in what it provides EXCEPT for Iron, B1 and B2 (doesn't have any of those)...however I am choosing to overlook those until a point at which it becomes an issue (otherwise known as being an ostrich)

I initially bought the Flinstones MV remembering back to my childhood and liking them...either my tastes have changed or my memory has...anyway, then I bought the Kroger brand sour gummie MV...did a comparison btwn it and Flinstones and the gummie is better in what it provides EXCEPT for Iron, B1 and B2 (doesn't have any of those)...however I am choosing to overlook those until a point at which it becomes an issue (otherwise known as being an ostrich)

Thank you, I will look into the gummies

Unjury has Vitamins "formulated" for bariatric patients and all chewable.< /p>

The gummies are better than nothing, and for a while were the only thing I could tolerate. But they're not complete, so you should keep trying for the chewables, liquid or regular Vitamins as you progress post op.

I found that a chewable prenatal was better than the Flintstones Vitamins and while it still had a taste that I didn't enjoy it did not make me nauseated all day long. They also included Iron which was a huge plus to me; I require an additional prescription Iron supplement and was able to cut my dose because of this.

A big thing to always take is your sublingual B12. No joke. For me, the sublingual wasn't enough (I do injections) but sometime after about nine months the B12 deficiency started to really drag me down. Until I had panels done more than a year post op I wasn't aware there was such an easy fix, so try to stay on top of that.

Good luck,

~Cheri

The gummies are better than nothing, and for a while were the only thing I could tolerate. But they're not complete, so you should keep trying for the chewables, liquid or regular Vitamins as you progress post op.

I found that a chewable prenatal was better than the Flintstones Vitamins and while it still had a taste that I didn't enjoy it did not make me nauseated all day long. They also included Iron which was a huge plus to me; I require an additional prescription Iron supplement and was able to cut my dose because of this.

A big thing to always take is your sublingual B12. No joke. For me, the sublingual wasn't enough (I do injections) but sometime after about nine months the B12 deficiency started to really drag me down. Until I had panels done more than a year post op I wasn't aware there was such an easy fix, so try to stay on top of that.

Good luck,

~Cheri

Where do you find the sublingual B12? I hate needles but like you said an easy fix. How often do you get the injections? How long do they stay in your system? does your primary doctor do it? I wonder if my insurance would pay. I know, so many questions but I'm curious about this. I like gummie vitamins, I wish they could make a complete gummie, I wonder why they can't. Thanks for the info.

sublingual B12 pills are just about anywhere - you can find them in a lot of supermarkets and at your local Target or Walmart or wherever you shop.

I was living overseas when I started on my B12 so it was actually way cheaper for me to get it locally than through my insurance. My doctor at our clinic told me what to buy and told me a safe pharmacy to use. She also gave me needles and did my first two injections (I was on them weekly for a while) for me so I knew how. It was no big deal; it's a sub-Q injection and I've jabbed myself with all sorts of needles for IVF in the past.

In the states, injectable B12 is only available with a prescription, I believe. I think that Minute Clinic (in CVS Pharmacies) will diagnose you and do the injection for something like $20 if you don't have insurance that will cover it.

In my case it was roughly $3 to buy twelve vials of B12 and the needles for the injections when I was in Bishkek. So rather than deal with my ridiculous Tricare insurance I just brought home enough B12 to get me through the next 18 months. :)

~Cheri

Oops, scratch that - I have a friend that gets injections done at Minute Clinic and thought they did her prescription but their site says you must have a previous prescription for them to do the injections. Ouch. Good luck with your insurance - it might be covered.

I couldn't do the chewable ones either, they made me really sick. I had to use the liquid version made by Centrum. As you can imagine, it was not delicious, but I could keep it down and it was all the Vitamins I needed.

I suggest the CVS chewable Multi Vitamins. They are a million times more tasty than Flintstones! Very flavorful and relatively inexpensive, especially when you combine the purchase with your ExtraBucks.