Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! 6 Weeks Out And No Fill Yet!!!

Hello,

Hope you all had a great christmas! I'm now starting my 6th week today.... I'm supposed to be on solids, but I've cheated already twice. I feel so bad... It all started out with a few chocolate almonds on boxing day, which lead to mixed chips.....The food seemed to stay down okay. I've been very down lateley since my system is all BACKED UP!!! My doctor gave me some medication (LACULOSE), BUT IT JUST SEEMS TO GIVE ME A TUMMY ACHE...I went once or twice with it, but I stopped taking it, thinking if I started eating solids then I should be okay.....Hubby and I get our first fill at The TLBC Jan 9th, but my question is what to eat right now....This morning, I brought to work, some egg whites, choppped up very fine...Soup at hand for lunch and some yogurt for snack. Seems okay, right? Will this need to eat all the time change? I hope to GOD it does with our fills..... This is the reason for my wanting the band, because I seem to have a very big problem with portion control.......

I know many of you had your procedure with The TLBC, so I hope you can help steer me in the right direction until my first fill.......

Thank you so much for once again listening to me...

Have a great day.

Doriana.

(PS. Mr. Doriana is doing great too....)

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Hi Dorina '.You are doing great. Yes it is ok to have a treat now or then. Just start again. Solids mean anything you want. Just remember to chew really good. You are going to feel hungry as you are not restricted yet.It has taken me 3 fills to have a little bit of restriction. So hang in there and have patience. Glad to hear Mr Dorina is doing good too.

Thank you so much for your reply...

Should I be practicing the not drinking anything with meals, or does this really ONLY apply to after fills???

Cheers to a great day.

Doriana

Hey Doriana, the band isn't "working" until you have a fill....so don't beat yourself up about how much you "CAN" eat until you have a fill. (but remember, just because you "can" doesn't mean you "should")....and don't forget, the first one or two fills may not even do the trick...it won't "work" until you are at proper restriction.....then you will realllly notice a difference and see the results....so you must still be patient for awhile yet.

Re. the drinking thing....practice it now. The reason not to drink is because it washes/rinses the food down easily so it doesn't stay in the puch (ie. giving you the full feeling). From a number or posts throughout this site though (not just the Canadian one) you'll see that not everyone follows the "no drinking" rule religiously.....but according to Dr's orders....it is a plus and you should do so!!!

Keep at it!

Doriana, hey girl, we are all here cause of lack of Portion Control.< /p>

Be good to yourself. Do not beat yourself up. Your still your old self, except with a plastic thing in ya. Wait til the fill, you'll see a difference.

BTW. I also had the backed up problem you have, about the same time, too. Work on that right now. Hey, the good thing about that is once things start working again, you usually end up dropping a couple pounds. (Ha, no pun intended)

Thank you so much for your replies...

You guys all mean so much to me...

I over did it again last night, but today is a new day.....I'm trying to keep myself busy today with working. ( I have my own esthetic business from home and it's been crazy today. It's great because it gets me out of the kitchen....).

Happy New years to all of you.... May we ALL reach our goals this coming new year!!!!

Ciao for now.

Doriana

Doriana, thanks for posting this, it is very interesting. My first fill is in Feb. I am only a couple weeks post op so I am still on liquids and of no help to you. My fear of slippage keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I am an esthetician as well. Today was crazy busy but I loved it. I just sip on my protien shake and drink Water while I am at work.

I hope you have a wonderful new year. For me, being in the beauty business, I have always felt like I should take care of my body with as much care as I take with other peoples bodies. I am afraid people are shocked when they see a fat middle aged lady instead of a hot 20 year old. Once they get to know me everything is good, but I don't like thinking that I give a bad first impression.

I hope that losing weight will make me more confident at work; and that it will be everything that you dream of it being. Take care and congrats on your first fill!

Bandiva,

I know how you feel about the "image" thing..... I felt the same way too..

Good luck to you and your journey with the band. I know you will do great...

Have a very Happy New Year... If you feel up to chatting some time on MSN, please feel free to add me on... (miele55@hotmail.com)

Ciao for now,

Doriana

Thanks Doriana...I am not set up on the MSN thing but I would love to chat. Maybe someday I will get all my little gadgets up and running. Happy New Year!