Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

eek!!! I am scared

Hi all, It has been a bit since I have been on. I got my band on june 10th. I am scared because I think I am at a stand still. I am having problems eating only 1/2 a cup at a time. I try to keep my portions small, but I have to admit with the holidays I have eaten more than I should. My doctor felt I had enough fill about a month and a half ago. At first I felt the fill but now I feel like I did before the band. Except I can feel the restiction when I each dry type foods. Such as bread or a bit of cake. I don't eat cake often at all. I had a couple bday parties and had a small slice. What scares me is what if I don't need another fill? I am still battling with my love for food. I also feel I am losing so slow. Now I love my band. Wouldn't change a thing. I also knew it would be a challenge. I have lost 34lbs in 6months. I really thought I would atleast be down 50lbs by now. I work out 5 or six times a week. I should eat more Protein though. I know my band is in good shape. What I was wondering is if anyone else feels this struggle? Also does it sound like I can use another fill? I think I should. Although I know I will struggle with dryer foods. I have no problem with almost all foods. In fact other than a quick feeling of pressure for a second as the bread goes down I feel no restriction. I am not at all trying to put the band down I just need some friends. If you made it this far through this thanks for reading my book.lol

I would head back to the surgeon and explain the situation just as you have here in your post. He/She might have thought that the fill you had would be sufficient, but you can never tell until it has "settled" and you have lived with it for a while. From what you have said, it sounds like you could do with a little bit more cos the band isn't acting the way its intended to.

Hedwig, we are in the same boat girl. I am down exactly the same as you, 34 lbs since June. My doctor has me at 3cc in a 10cc band. I don't know what my problem is. I have days that I can barely eat. Today I took 2 bites of sushi and had to run to the bathroom. My band is really fickle. I am waiting until after the Holdays to decide on more restriction. Its discouraging, I know. Some days I exercise, some days I don't. My alcohol consumption is still there which I know is a detriment. From the sounds of it, I think you need another fill. The worse thing that can happen is you are overfilled and you would have to have some taken out. You should be able to consume a lot of food. Write me back and lets stay in touch. Maybe we should try a written diet together for a week to see how we do. Keep in touch.

Thanks, I plan on it. I always though I should feel a restriction. At first I did but not anymore. So I guess I thought I shouldn't feel full. As silly as that sounds. I haven't felt a good full feeling so I assumed that this was it. I hope that makes sense.lol

Depending on what I eat I feel the restriction ie if I have a plate of vegetables and meat I feel the restriction easier than say if I just have toast, crackers, pitabread, rice or cake and it is too easy when you don't feel the restriction to just keep on eating...so now I make a point to cook myself full meals so that I don't over do it. I too was at a stand point for about 6 months but I realise my diet consisted mostly of bread and toast and hardly any vegetables since I have made that change in my diet I have started loosing again.

I hope this helps somehow...but keep the faith. Talk to your dr if you are really worried.

:) becky