Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still having issue with choosing the right foods!

Thank you so much for the great tips . I know ppl on here sometimes are afraid to admit and say things but I just needed to get it off my chest and be honest with myself !!

I totally feel like a addict food being the drug ! Everyone is eating and your just there like a painting on the wall staring !!

I admire your honesty... I know you will do great on this journey... Just keep in the back of your mind and keep reminding yourself : Skinny feels better than that tastes...... You know what my weakness is ??? Coffee... I have some every now and then because I miss it so much and Decaf is a waste of my time lol ... I have to drink the good stuff star bucks

Take care of yourself bodyweight.png?ts=1371611533

I admire your honesty... I know you will do great on this journey... Just keep in the back of your mind and keep reminding yourself : Skinny feels better than that tastes...... You know what my weakness is ??? coffee... I have some every now and then because I miss it so much and Decaf is a waste of my time lol ... I have to drink the good stuff star bucks

Take care of yourself

Mmm Starbucks lol . Ok let me stop dreaming there a 24 hr Starbucks near by .. Your frig right skinny is way better !!!

Tomorrow is a new day and a chance to start over . Thank you everyone for your love and support . (This crackhead needed that)

I'm going to try to make my food or eat before they are stuffing their faces.

Moderation doesn't work for me at all !

While still relatively new to this, (2 months) my context is "always remember why I had to have this surgery". Even though my Diabetes is under control In am still a Diabetic. While I can't eat much I still have issues with food. All this to say that its important to not allow justification and outside influences sabotage your journey. Unless they are holding you down and shoving food in your face it is you that is eating it. That said it's also important to request their support

Thank you so much for the great tips . I know ppl on here sometimes are afraid to admit and say things but I just needed to get it off my chest and be honest with myself !!

I totally feel like a addict food being the drug ! Everyone is eating and your just there like a painting on the wall staring !!

Let me start off saying 98% of us are food addicts. We love the way it smells the taste it consistentcy and so on. We wouldnt be here if we didnt. You will find away to get through this like you said. We are all here for support of one another that what makes this the best forum I have joined since surgery. We are here for you.

Let me start off saying 98% of us are food addicts. We love the way it smells the taste it consistentcy and so on. We wouldnt be here if we didnt. You will find away to get through this like you said. We are all here for support of one another that what makes this the best forum I have joined since surgery. We are here for you.

I like your name . That's me !!! :-)

My name is Odette and I'm a food addict right about now I wanna have some Mexican food!

I wrote this on another thread about "always thinking of food" but it fits here also...

Yes I think it's disconcerting to be thinking about food still. And as you know I still do. Having this surgery has you thinking about it naturally because of the timing and amounts of food figure into your daily life even more now.

But as a food addict, it's more than just timing and measuring of food that consume me at times. I still, even though I don't... think about eating all the time. Is it because I have a tendency to have obsessive thoughts and actions

(OCD diagnosed and runs in my family)

I've thought about the oral fixation I have too, I mean literally oral! it's my mouth, I feel the "need"

To have something in there (no wise ass joke men please) at all waking moments.

Like I said on the other thread... I still go to bed thinking about food and wake up thinking about food.

Am I destined to fail? Depends on what I do with it. My eyes are wide open and I will continue to learn about my complicated self.

As always my name is Laura and I am a food addict and a work in progress.

If you are at all like me, there are times I want to stamp my feet and shake my fists and yell, "it's not fair, why can other people eat these things and not have an issue...I just want to be like everyone else"

Unfortunately, I've had to accept that I am not going to be like others in this regard...doesn't mean that petulant child doesn't still rise up in me from time to time

I struggle with this sometimes too. My boyfriend will sometimes bring home fried chicken and hot chips etc. I have a few things I like to keep handy for these occasions that are quick and easy such as:

1. Can if tuna in olive oil blend, really delicious and healthy

2. Frozen steam fresh veggie bags. They only take 2 mins in the microwave and I add herbs and lemon juice and they are tasty.

3. Half a slice of bread with shaved chicken or ham

Anything that's quick and easy but still relatively healthy will help you out in these situations. Don't forget to treat yourself too. If I'm craving something I will get a scone. They are small enough that I can finish a whole one, they are really yummy and they are 300cal.

Don't worry if you have bad food sometimes but try to have 80% of your meals healthy.

I wrote this on another thread about "always thinking of food" but it fits here also...

Yes I think it's disconcerting to be thinking about food still. And as you know I still do. Having this surgery has you thinking about it naturally because of the timing and amounts of food figure into your daily life even more now.

But as a food addict' date=' it's more than just timing and measuring of food that consume me at times. I still, even though I don't... think about eating all the time. Is it because I have a tendency to have obsessive thoughts and actions

(OCD diagnosed and runs in my family)

I've thought about the oral fixation I have too, I mean literally oral! it's my mouth, I feel the "need"

To have something in there (no wise ass joke men please) at all waking moments.

Like I said on the other thread... I still go to bed thinking about food and wake up thinking about food.

Am I destined to fail? Depends on what I do with it. My eyes are wide open and I will continue to learn about my complicated self.

As always my name is Laura and I am a food addict and a work in progress.[/quote']

I'm always thinking about food it's disgusting . I had surgery and still don't stop !! I guess they needed to switch my brain . I'm pushing it with that comment . But yes Laura I also find myself obsessing over food . Wish the thoughts would

Just stop but I have to try a little harder instead of giving into failure !

I'm always thinking about food it's disgusting . I had surgery and still don't stop !! I guess they needed to switch my brain . I'm pushing it with that comment . But yes Laura I also find myself obsessing over food . Wish the thoughts would

Just stop but I have to try a little harder instead of giving into failure !

Yep that's all we can do is keep our eyes open and talk about it here and with a counselor. I also talk to my husband about it. It's helped so much because part of having this surgery was also coming clean to him about my eating habits. How food me feel, how I think about food and most importantly is the fact that I ate alone. I would "steal" food from our cupboards and eat it when I was alone. Sometimes I would sneak into another room and eat it really quick I mean stuff it in my mouth...

A hard thing to admit to, but true.

We CAN do this though. We have to just keep working and learning :)

Yeah, I used to wake up in the middle of the night to eat. Sheesh! Thank goodness that is one bad habit that I have managed to totally kick to the curb.

It's really important to have a game plan and healthy food you enjoy in the house. I moved hubby's Snacks to a different cupboard and tell myself that is his private cupboard. For myself, I have fruit, teas, sugar free apple cider, cut up veggies and yogurt dip, low fat cheese and lunch meat for snacking.

As far as meals, that is tough too when family is eating fatty and you are not. I remind myself I want to be alive to see the great grandkids and I want to model a healthy weight and lifestyle for the kids in my life.

Quitting smoking years ago has been helpful. I reuse some of the tactics for when I wanted a cigarette for when I want junk food. And I am seeing that like a muscle, willpower gets easier the more you exercise it. Not that it is easy, but it is EASIER at least.

And it's also important to have fun and nice things for you. Even a new hair clip, lipstick. Whatever! Esp. things that Celebrate your new, smaller size.

Yep that's all we can do is keep our eyes open and talk about it here and with a counselor. I also talk to my husband about it. It's helped so much because part of having this surgery was also coming clean to him about my eating habits. How food me feel' date=' how I think about food and most importantly is the fact that I ate alone. I would "steal" food from our cupboards and eat it when I was alone. Sometimes I would sneak into another room and eat it really quick I mean stuff it in my mouth...

A hard thing to admit to, but true.

We CAN do this though. We have to just keep working and learning :)[/quote']

I just admit it to my significant other that I have also hidden in the other room and ate food as if I stealing something , after doing that I would feel

Worse about my behavior but keep in doing it. If I was asked if I ate I would say no I haven't ate I'm hungry !! Like really Odette wtf is wrong with u . I'm going to look for an over eaters anonymous group here in the city .