Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Ohio, let's get this started

Congrats kuebelJ!!!

That will be here before u know it....I was banded on 2-14-07 but only knew that date 1 week before. You will have plenty of time to prepare...

I'm fairly new here and have not yet been banded so I have a question of all of you who have had the procedure -- I have heard two different things about gas pains. Some say there weren't any problems and others say that they had quite a bit, but things like Gas-X. etc helped a lot. Just wondered what your experiences were like! Thanks.

Anne :nervous

Hi Anne,

Glad you found your way here to the Ohio group. Dr. Schumacher has quite a few patients on here. I mailed you an email to your address, however, have not heard back from you.

Gas pains were the most painful, however, a small price to pay for the benefits that await you with lap band surgery !! I am so thrilled to have had it done and am soooo excited about the future of losing the pounds !! I am at over 3 weeks post op and will have my first fill on March 9.

I will email you again and hope you get it. Talk with you later.

All:

I finally have my date MARCH 2!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I will check into Grandview Friday morning.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!!!!

Congratulatins Lisa, friday will be here before you know it.

Butterflylover, gas-x worked for me, I didn't have problems with gas until about 2 wks. out.

Well I went to my son's airborne graduation last Friday and we were taking pictures, I hadn't done this for a couple of months, I compared them with the ones taken at his bootcamp graduation (Oct. 4th) and I couldn't believe the difference.:biggrin1: I actually look younger and not all puffed up in my face. It's funny that you can watch the scales go down but not notice a difference in the mirror but when you see pictures you think, hey I really can tell a difference.

I hope everyone had a good Monday and here's to a better week to come.

Oh I almost forgot, I went to the gym this morning with my son and we had a good workout.:clap2: He's showing me all these ab workouts (which I REALLY need) He want's to go everyday while he's home (2wks) so hopefully this will get me jumpstarted on exercising.

Started my pre-op diet today. I was told last night at weight loss meeting that the doctor will not do surgery if I have gained. So ......here I go.

Surgery is scheduled for March 20. How many days should I plan on being off work? I can't wait!

Hey Dr. Schumacher's group - I got my letter on Saturday the 24th, called the office on Monday and since I had already been through all the classes and pre-op (Disco-Diva, I think I was in class with you) and already scheduled and cancelled, they scheduled me for Wednesday the 28th. And to make things even sweeter I became a grandma on the 27th. I am now 4 days post op and so far the worst thing was the caffeine headaches I experienced. I have no hunger and am still on Clear Liquids (so far I have only had a popsicle, some ice tea and a 1/2 cup of broth). I'm having a hard time making myself eat since I am not hungry. I was told two weeks of clear liquids (ah, the price we pay for beauty!!!) ROSIEG

Congratulations Rosieg....Welcome to bandland....what a wonderful feeling it must be. Make sure to walk, walk, walk. Make sure to drink too...last thing you want to do is to get dehydrated!

Hello Everyone!

I'm still in the begining process....next week I am going to OSU Baratric Center to have psychological stuff done, and then right after that I have to go see a dietician. Then they review this over a panel of people to see if I need more psychological stuff done or not. Then if I am approved by them for surgery they will write a referral, along with my doctors and send it to insurance. I have Medical Mutual and have only heard terrible things so we will see what will happen from there...

Hi Everyone,

It is great to hear that all of you are doing so well, I am Discodiva's daughter, or you may also know her as Debbie. We were both banded on the 14th of Feb. I'm doing great however my mom is not doing so well. I just thought I would let you all know what was going on since my mom hasn't posted anything for a while. We were a week and a day out of surgery and my mom started to experience severe pain in her right leg, shortness of breath and dizziness. We had to call in an ambulance and they took her to Grandview hospital. She was there for quite a while that day before they decided to admit her. The only reason they decided to admit her was because everytime she would stand up the pain would be so bad that her blood pressure would drop to 80/50 or lower. The next day they ran more tests and determined that she had multiple DVT's (deep vein thrombosis) or blood clots in her leg. She was in the hospital for about a week and they decided to move her to a nursing home for rehabilitation and to regain her strength. She was starting to feel much better and would have been able to come home in a couple of days until about 4 days ago she started to experience some more pain but in her left leg. They ran more tests and determined that she now had multiple deep vein blood clots in her left leg. So now she is right where she started when she first went to the hospital. They will probably be keeping her for another two weeks... maybe longer until she can regain enough strength to go home. They did determine that these blood clots were not from the surgery since she has had superficial blood clots in the past. If you all could keep her in your prayers I would surely appreciate it. It has been a very rough and depressing time for her. I just wanted to let everyone in the ohio thread know. And you all keep up the great work.

Mirissa

I can't believe I have never found this thread! I am from Cincinnati. So great to find a group of us locally! Glad to meet all of you!:)

1ting2loose- OMG:eek: . That's horrible! Of course we will pray for your mom:girl_hug: . Let her know we all send her our best!

Hi to all:clap2:

Turner 24

Banded 10/30/06

Dr. kira Schofield

Middletown Regional Hospital

Mirssa, I am so sorry to here about your mom, please tell her that I am praying for her to have a speedy recovery and I can't wait till she gets to come home. I can see why she is depressed, this is so depressing to me to know that she is in so much pain.

Hi all, brand new here (first post!!) and am contemplating the lapband. I have a question as far as insurance coverage. I start my new job on Monday and will have Anthem (which I see is very good when approving this procedure), but is there a pre-existing clause for this, and how soon after my insurance starts can I seek out a doctor? Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would let everyone know that I had my first fill today, It was not bad at all, a little awkard as they were filling but virtually painless. I'm hoping to start losing some more weight it has slowed down alot since I have started to feel hungry all the time, so hopefully this will help. Keep up the good work everyone! :clap2: